Starterbook Misprint?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zed Stun

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

This is question for anyone who is familiar with the starterbook Sword & Dragon.

I just bought a "new" 2007 print of the book on Amazon. For the most part the book looks great but it says that it is supposed to have record sheets for all of the custom mechs described in the book. But record sheets for four key custom mechs are missing. The Hatamoto-chi and Grand Dragon from Soreson's Sabres command lance and the Black Knight and Cataphract from McKinnon's Raiders command lance. In their place, the book includes record sheets for stock versions of mechs that were included in the Battletech Introductory Box Set.

Does anyone know if this is a misprint? Do you think I should return the book and ask for a replacement? Or should I return it and order a PDF version from an online vendor with the hopes that that will have been updated to include the right content?

I was all excited to use the custom mechs, so I am kinda bummed out. This community seems to know all the insides and outs of battletech products so I figured that I would try asking around here. Thank you in advance.

#2 Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Go here:

http://www.solarissk...s.com/downloads

Download the newest version of SSW (top link), then download the SSW Master record sheet file. Then find the custom you need, and print it out. Cataphract "Sara," Black Knight "Ross," Hatamoto-Chi Daniel II, and Grand Dragon Mark are all in there. You can print out the necessary sheets yourself.

Skunkwerks is god.

#3 Zed Stun

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostKobold, on 21 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Go here:

http://www.solarissk...s.com/downloads

Download the newest version of SSW (top link), then download the SSW Master record sheet file. Then find the custom you need, and print it out. Cataphract "Sara," Black Knight "Ross," Hatamoto-Chi Daniel II, and Grand Dragon Mark are all in there. You can print out the necessary sheets yourself.

Skunkwerks is god.

Thanks for your help!

#4 Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

No problem! SSW is mandatory for anyone who wants to build their own custom mechs. It isn't pretty, but it is still arguably more intuitive than the MWO mechlab (though obviously it gives people wildly more options).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users