Embracing The Horror, Karma And Other Random Thoughts…

No replies to this topic

#1 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

The Cataphract brought me back after a month or so layoff. I have managed to collect a few tidbits after two days of play…

If you tweak your Mech and want to try something new, the game knows! You will be plopped into the worst environment for your new design. You figure you will run a little warm? Caustic Valley. You want to give LRMs a shot? River City. You overdo it with the heatsinks? Frozen City. Could be karma, but I doubt it.

No matter what you do or how good/bad you are, there are just some situations that are imbalanced. If you round a corner and you spot a Catapult, just embrace the horror. Chances are about 90% it is a Streakcat. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Quickly! You have a one second window in which you can line up your retur… BANG! BANG! BOOOM!!

Some of the Cataphract designs are great. It reminds me of the movie Battle of Britain, where Christopher Plummer is playing a Canadian Spitfire pilot who takes a trainee up for a combat flight lesson. The trainee gets lost in the sun and Plummer swings past him saying, “Dakka dakka dakka!” into the radio. Is that where the Dakka Dakka comments come from? Love all the AC out there at the moment! Some serious variety and creativity going on with some of the builds.

You can make more money rolling two chassis PuGing than you can winning 96% of your matches with a Premade. Everyone on TS3 is great, but it is inevitable that one of the four peeps will need to visit the Mech Lab every other game, shed some spousal aggro or let the dogs out, so you tend to get roughly 40% of the games in an hour that you otherwise would just taking your lumps and chances.

Where have all the Dragons gone? Two days playing and I can count the number of Dragons I have seen on one hand.

Sadly, AFK players are really killing the vibe for everyone. If PGI is willing to fork over 80 thousand C-Bills as a participation ribbon, like we all got in Grade 3 for Outdoor Activity Day when we failed to earn a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon… well, I think there must be a more rewarding formula. I say 10k for a kill or an assist and 5k for showing up. You glue some catnip to the keyboard and put your cat in front of it, and you will still rake in more C-Bills with that method than the AFK bots are right now. Sure, your keyboard may short out from all the cat-happy saliva, but you at least get rewarded for participation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users