Greetings, and thank you for your interest in the Black Wolves!
First off, I stress that this is a NON-CANON unit, we will be building a legacy all of our own. This is a good thing though, as the developers have stated that ownership of canon units is prohibited. Besides, who does not love the thrill of paving your own way and building your own legacy, instead of piggybacking on 30 years of fluff from the canon.
If you have not already determined the fact from my name, I have always been an avid fan of Clan Wolf. As a result of the Clan Invasion being some time off in the future, this mercenary company is meant to be a haven for anyone who feels that the Clans are their only home and do not want to declare allegiance to any of the House factions. As a result the Black Wolves will use this company to train and learn together, forging into a cohesive unit BEFORE the invasion, allowing us to maximize our effectiveness on the field when that time comes. At this time we do not know what the unit structure in the Clans will be like, but we do know the Clans will be playable. When the invasion comes we will join the same Galaxy or Cluster within the Clan and remain a unit. If at all possible, we will create our own Cluster or Galaxy and go from there.
If the above summary sounds appealing to you, then allow me to explain what I am looking for in pilots:
- Preferably age 16 or older, although exceptions will be made for mature individuals.
- Proficient at piloting a wide variety of 'Mechs, with sound tactical sense, situational awareness, and capable of following orders.
- Skilled at operating as part of a unit, with good teamwork and respect for other pilots
- Understanding that the Black Wolves is primarily for training purposes and to pass the time waiting for entry into the Clans, while building a reputation for ourselves.
- A love of BattleTech! And if you are new and do not understand the lore, having a willingness to learn.
The Black Wolves will operate under my Wolf Pack combat doctrine, which is based on two primary pillars:
- Flexibility : Not operating under the traditional formation of lances or stars, Wolves will be expected to be able to adjust the size and composition of their formations on-the-fly. While technically assigned to a particular lance, in the face of changing combat conditions Wolves may be swapped between separate commands, or even formed into new groups. To this extent, each Wolf is expected to be able to operate under any commander they may be given, which may include a current Lance Commander being rolled into a different lance, where they are expected to take orders, not give them. In reverse, all pilots are expected to be capable of command in the event that lance commanders are incapacitated, or if a new lance is formed.
- Lethality : Wolves will be expected to master both deadly coordinated fire in squads of any size or composition, and be lethal and efficient individually in single combat and when outnumbered. Individual lethality contributes to the effectiveness of the group as a whole, and a weakness in any one individual weakens the entire group, which is unacceptable. No, pilots are not expected to take down Assault 'Mechs with Lights. However, pilots are expected to learn how to operate their personal machines to maximum efficiency, while keeping a level head in combat.
If the above sounds like what you are looking to be a part of, then by all means please apply! We are open to hardened veterans and those looking at BattleTech with fresh eyes. All we ask is that you are dedicated to improving yourself, the Company, and the universe of BattleTech. To apply, copy the application form below and fill it out.
* (points marked with an asterisk are optional)
Preferred call-sign (If any): [similar to your MWO name or we will not use it.]
Experience (both TT and MW):
Preferred 'Mech class and roles:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Questions and concerns:
Commanding Officer - Alaric Wolf Kerensky
- Von Claussen
Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 13 March 2013 - 01:40 PM.