Ask The Devs 26!

186 replies to this topic

#181 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

What future use of the displays inside the cockpit can we expect? They are currently just placeholders, but they seem to be able to serve a purpose, such as display additional info from the HUD, other 'Mechs, etc. What's the plan for including these displays down the line?

#182 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

What extra displays? Every monitor I see in my mechs has a purpose... but this is mainly already either in the regular HUD (such as weapon loadouts and cooldown bars) or not usefull at all (such as number of functioning Heatsinks). The size and layout of the monitors could use some work, as most of them only have maybe 5% filled with the information on them.

#183 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Is there any kind of projected ETA for issues such as 4FPS bug, black screen, random crashes to desktop?
I understand it's a work in progress [or a game of whack-a-mole] but hearing how it's going on dev end could really hep add patience ; )

I'd ask about performance optimizations, but I suspect you'd mention getting the client 100% stable first :wacko:

#184 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Has there been any discussion of supporting the Oculus Rift VR system?

http://www.kickstart...p-into-the-game

Several up and coming games and studios have flagged support for it, and I can not think of a feature that would do more to immerse an individual into the setting.

#185 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

1. In what ways will omnimechs differ from standard mechs?

2. Many consider the heatscale, especially for energy weapons, high. Do you see clan mechs overheating quickly in their stock setup? (for instance the Daishi has 4 ER Large Lasers and the Masakari has 4 ER PPCs)

3. Repair bills are very high and sometimes exceed earnings per match. Will clantech be even more expensive or will this get balanced?

4. Are there plans to include future tech such as the snub-nose PPC, plasma cannon, rotary AC, or light fusion engine?

5. Speaking of clan invasion, if we do not have clan mechs and we aren't fighting NPCs, how will we initially encounter or face off against the clan mechs?

#186 Barushkukor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAwaiting Orders

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Are there plans for further "Low End User" optimizations i.e. for dual core CPU's or do you see the engine to be just about right?

Given a jar of honey, who would win in a bare knuckle brawl between Garth, Paul and Bryan?

#187 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Getting final answers...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users