Ask The Devs 26!

186 replies to this topic

#21 Vila deVere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Will camp spec allow us to select our own custom color pallets at some point? This would allow units to adopt unique color schemes.

#22 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

What kind of specs do your guys pc's use? especially the ones you use to test out new changes etc. I ask this because so many people have had huge problems with the performance of this game, and I'd just be interested in seeing why it doesnt seem to affect you guys :P I mean, I personally dont feel any significant hit to fps,but I'm just lucky.

Thanks for these threads garth, they go along way to comfort the community!

#23 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Every time I want to play the game I hit the MechWarrior Online shortcut on my desktop. With this action I am greeted with a wonderful title screen and some graphics with very slight but highly noticeable (to me) defects. I see two screens with defects the nvidia screen and the cry engine screen both have noticeable white areas.

After quite a few seconds maybe half a minute and four or so advertisement screens I am finally awarded with the login screen. This is a process I go through every time I need to start the game or restart the game. This is including but not limited to restarting right after a dropped game.

Q: My first question is will we ever be able to hit escape and get right to the login screen?

Answered below: Spacebar fast forwards through the screens to login.

Second after this last patch I now get death blur on every game I die in. This kills the learning experience of watching teammates after death. Now I'm forced to look away due to it making me nauseous.

Q: Even though this issue is known will it be something that is being taken seriously or of a higher priority?

Q: Can a reinstall of the game possibly clear this or other issues up as I have been reading?

Thanx

Edited by DerelictTomcat, 24 November 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#24 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Q: My first question is will we ever be able to hit escape and get right to the login screen?

Press spacebar

Second after this last patch I now get death blur on every game I die in. This kills the learning experience of watching teammates after death. Now I'm forced to look away due to it making me nauseous.

Q: Even though this issue is known will it be something that is being taken seriously or of a higher priority?

Q: Can a reinstall of the game possibly clear this or other issues up as I have been reading?

Reinstall has helped some users with some issues. I suggest clearing the Shaders cache before seeking a reinstall. You can also verify your .pak files to see if you have any corruption in the data packs.

#25 John Maynard

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Q: Are there any plans of integrating a realtime heat indication bar which one can observe (enwrought in the cockpit, no HUD or UI) while the mech is shut down?

As mentioned in this thread : http://tinyurl.com/bludnde

#26 Sid Solis

• PipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Q: with the new custom skins coming out will i have a chance to paint my Mech the way I want to pant it.....like Kell Hound colors

#27 Waverider

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 199 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

When are we going to have decent joystick support (analog turning, auto center torso to legs instead of mouse emulation)?

Thnak you very much!

#28 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Are there plans to add Arrow IV, Sniper, and/or Thumper Artillery?
It feels a bit boring with just LRMs and TAG when it comes to fire supporting from a distance...

Thank you (if answered)

Edited by Raven IIC, 23 November 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#29 funnygooberman

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Is tis game ever going to be for mac? There are a lot more mac users than there used to be and i think this game coming out for mac would improve the popularity of this game by a lot.

#30 RoloCookie

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Speed tweak appears to give 7.5% increase to speed rather than 10%, which of these figures is accurate and are we going to see a fix? On the subject of pilot skills, I've heard people say that the x2 multiplier to basic for reaching elite isn't functioning either, can you comment on this? Are we likely to see costs and benefits of skills changing? I guess in summary, I'd like to know what's the plans with the pilot tree?

Thanks!

#31 Saggot

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Do You return again knock down mechs? In my opinion, it was more interesting that way before...

#32 SippySips

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

If and when Clan technology arrives how do you think you will manage the balance of strength between the clan and inner-sphere technology?

#33 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 23 November 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Press spacebar

Wonderful absolutely wonderful!

#34 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

I have several questions that I would not mind receiving answers to:

1) Has there been any thoughts by you guys to help boost FF, to make it an upgrade, instead of a next step upgrade to ES? Ferro-Fibrous Revisioned

2) Has there been any talks about possibly bringing in the other heat scale penalties? There has been some great suggestions going around on the forums like making the heat increment across the cooldown of the weapon (PPC produces 3.0 heat per second for 3s instead of 9.0 heat on firing) and having DHS increase the heat capacity by 2.0 instead of heat dissipation.

3) Has there been any thoughts on making NARC different from TAG? Maybe make it provide a non-LoS lock for a good duration (60s?) but allow PPCs to knock them off with the up coming PPC EMP effects?

4) With the new MM phase coming in a couple of patches, are 8man groups allowed to choose other 8man groups (or whatever the number is for the maps) to fight against so that matches can be set up in advance, therefore the community can get involved in orchestrating tournaments/matches? This is most likely the number one way to build and engage the community right here!

5) Another question about MM, I know I saw a post about the thoughts of balancing the matches by tonnage, but was mentioned that ELO was going to be brought in for balancing. Was this statement in agreement that tonnage + some skill rating (ELO or otherwise) going to be used in the future for creation of random teams joining into the random queue of games? Will this also lead to the need of a lobby of some type for pre-game orginization before the match begins?

6) Has there been any talks about revamping the Pilot Skill tree to make it more choice oriented than the current system? Maybe make the current Pilot Skill account specific that apply to all the mechs that the play uses (basically MechWarrior experience) and have each chassis/variant have a group of their own. Then only allow X amount of EXP to be used in your Pilot tree and Mech tree or reuse the current Module system by slotted the EXP skills bought into each Mech/MechWarrior?

7) Are the screens inside each cockpit going to be customizable in the future? (Options > Screen Setup > Screen 1 = Ammo, Screen 2 = Heatsinks, Screen 3 = Damage Indicators, Screen 4 = ..., ...) Along with this, is there a way to disable the HUD now or in the future?

Thanks in advanced if any of my questions where picked among the several hundered going to be asked here.

Edited by Zyllos, 23 November 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#35 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

New try for these questions:

1.) Is it planned that loadout changes will effect the appearance of a mech, i.e. if a medium laser is replaced with a PPC will the 3D modell show an appropriate representation of the new weapon?

2.) Are the following customization options planned? Moving hardpoints to a different location (i.e. from Torso to Arms) and/or removing hand and lower arm actuators to free additional slots? And if yes, will those changes have influence on the appearance?

#36 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi Devs & PGI Team, one thing that makes me wanna rage is the regularity of crashes to desktop. There isn't a single day without the game crashing to desktop at least once. What I would like to know is:
> how is your progress in fixing that bug?
> in case you cannot fix this bug anytime soon, how wil you reward those that encountered a crash during game? How about the credits, xp that one normally would receive?
> how about my loss in premium advantage in that specific game? After all, as a founder, I have been paying for that game, so I'm kinda disapointed that I loose my "bonus" in a game that suddenly crashes to desktop.

Let me say that I really (REALLY!) love this game, but the current instability is far beyond one can accept (at leat IMHO).

#37 Temptis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

i would like to buy MC but PayPal or Credit Cards are not an option for me.
Is there a chance to get PaySafe or similar available soon?

#38 AGTMADCAT

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

1) Will we be receiving a custom-game type, where we can set up both sides of a match, and pick the map? If so, roughly when? We now have enough people in my clan playing that we could pull together an 8v8 in-house. And I want to set up Trials of Position to fight for promotions. =)

2) Any rough updates on when Community Warfare will be released? Is it being worked on at the moment, or is it still in the 'later' bucket?

3) Will each Mercenary Corporation be able to establish an "official" decal, which is free to use for any and all members of that corporation, and which cannot be used by any other players? As the leader, I'd be happy to pay a few MC to "register" a decal and tag, to prevent their use by others.

Thanks, and keep up the great work! =)
-AGT

#39 Amerante

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

I don't give up and ask my question for the 3rd time.

Q: Are there any plans (that does not involve MC) for Master level mechs in mechlab, or they will just pile up EXP?
(http://mwomercs.com/...d-out-variants/)

Keep up the good work!

#40 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Q: Since patches are mostly coming out on Tuesdays, can we get tentative patch-notes on Fridays so we have something extra to salivate over the weekends?

Q: What value are you going to change the Tripple-Slot-Heatsinks to next?

Q: Will you soon make the weapon/equipment/etc stats/numbers more transparent to the player?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users