186 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Ask your questions here MechWarriors, I'll do my best to answer/get answers. And have a great weekend!

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Will the PPC HUD-Scramble prevent a recipient from obtaining missile locks on opponents or transmitting targeting data to their teammates?

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

What function will the Command Console perform for MMO?

Why no in-game tutorial system?

#4 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hand-in-hand with the arrival of the Clans comes Clan tech and the discussion about and desire to cross-tech (ie. place Clan equipment in Innersphere mechs.) Obviously this is down the road a ways, so firm answers couldn't be expected. But, could you at least tell us what the development team's current vision is for Clan tech in regard to cross-teching?

Thanks

TL;DR Could you tell us what the development team's current vision is for Clan tech in regard to cross-teching?

Edited by KitK, 23 November 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#5 Dale

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Why the additional two-week delay on Phase 2 of matchmaking? I understand things take time and some things just don't get done as fast as you'd like them to, but what specifically pushed it back this time? A lot of us are really chomping at the bit to get competitive play again.

#6 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

If the arrow IV is included, will it be a mech mountable weapon like in MW2:mercs, or will it strictly be an artillery based weapon that will need a TAG/NARC to use?

#7 Yigyam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

How is the max sensor range calculated for beagle active probe and the new sensor range module? It seems like I can get target locks out to about 1100m. Also what is the default sensor range?

Similarly, how fast is target info gathered with BAP and the module?

Edited by Stavros Mueller, 23 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#8 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

A lot of people complain about lack of notification of server downtime, will the devs be able to send out messages to players (that are in a match, and in the pre-launch window) to warn them about the server about to go down for hotfix and/or emergency maintenance in the foreseeable future?

#9 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Is there any chance of seeing 100% FD designed Unseen to bypass the copyright issues? I think his reputation as a Battletech/Mechwarrior artist is good enough that this would be acceptable to the community if the Centurion design is anything to go by.

Have the developers analyzed the numbers and feedback of recent new players' experience and grind times with Trial mechs and can they create a better one (tutorials assumed to be included) in the near future?

Will the developers do little events such as "Chassis/Variant (x) (y) and (z) gets a 10%-20% C-bill/EXP bonus this weekend" and such? This can help promote the less popular variants.

#10 Ceribus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Any chance of being able to buy mech's as a gift for your friends when purchasing them with MC?

If your worried about people accidentally sending them to the wrong person, assign all accounts a unique identifier number and have it required to type in both the user name and ID number of the person you want to purchase it for. btw this is one of those "Shut up and take my money" things that will make unofficial tournaments with prizes possible and allow merc corps to reward their members for outstanding service

#11 Nuesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFreudenberg

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I want a ****** bobblehead and fuzzy dice.... when will i get that stuff?

#12 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostNuesse, on 23 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

I want a ****** bobblehead and fuzzy dice.... when will i get that stuff?

http://mwomercs.com/...ontent-roadmap/

#13 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

I highly doubt they will implement the last two. The first would preempt needing premium bonuses (Elizander), while the second (Cerebus) has been discussed in the forums that they would never allow cross account transfers of MC or equipment.

Third try with this one:

Q: How will clan tech and IS equipment be balanced to ensure a fair game? Clan technology will need to be less powerful than battletech canon for game balance issues.

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 23 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#14 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Q1: When custom skins will came out/bubble heads?
Q2: When can we expect desctrucible environment in MW:O? I mean trees, little objects - like cars?
Q3: Also when do you predicted to add SLI/CF support for Nvidia/AMD cards?
Q4: DX11.... When? :P
Q5: New maps... when? I mean bigger maps than that we can play right now.
Q6: Will we be able to play at least 12vs12 players or maybe 16vs16 in the future when bigger maps will out?

#15 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostSp4wNers, on 23 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Q1: When custom skins will came out/bubble heads?
Q5: New maps... when? I mean bigger maps than that we can play right now.

http://mwomercs.com/...ontent-roadmap/

#16 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks Red :P

#17 Shelshoq

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 101 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationthe Battle field

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

i will try again can we as a community raise money to purchase the rights of the unseen mechs?

#18 Glowhollow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

After i didn't recieve any answer - here the same questions again.

1. Today - the Personal Computer have a different role - to that, what whe haved 10 years ago. We got a potent system - capable - handling up to 3 Monitors - including 4+ Cores. Is it planned - to use - a solution - to drag (for example) - the strategic Map on the second screen ? (while all Monitors are windowed ?)

2. Exclusive for Mercs i would like to know, if it is planned to have a "Merc-Hangar" - where Modules/Weapon/Ammo - can shared by the members of the Merc-Corporation ?

- if the answer is yes - "Would be there a right-management, wich possible can misused to steal some items ?" (like in eve online ?)

- if the answer is no - "Is there otherwise planned to have loot-rule for the dropped salvage" - for example, we salvage a ac/20 - that this ac/20 is now available for the player/merc ?

(like it was playable for Mercs - in Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries)

3. Cammo-Skins - will there be a solution to have "unique" Colorization of the Cammo - for the Mercs ?
(and available for all Mercs-Members ?)

-----------

New Questions:

2.1 Especially for the Mercenaries - is there a overhaul regarding the "Merc-Corp-Hangar".

Let me give some explanations.

As a Merc-Corp your job is to fulfill contracts. There are possible several Contracts going on - like a C-Bill based Contract (where Ammuntion and Repairs are included - also the costs for the Dropship). Otherwise it could be a Salvage-based Drop. That means - Costs of the Dropship are not included - Salvage - relay on the Salvage rules (no C-bills based) has to be transported to the Merc-Home-Planet (including also Costs). Also the Costs for the secured salvaged Mech-Wrecks (wich are possible can be shared in the Merc-Corp).

4. More Statistics

Not really needed, but nice to have. Like "tanked Damage" - or "Damage done" - "Ratio of Accuracy of Hits on enemy mechs"

Edited by Glowhollow, 23 November 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#19 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Really been enjoying MWO! Before this recent patch, Forest Colony was the only one that gave me trouble with my FPS. After the November 20th patch I now run 15 to 20 fps (~10 in melee) on every map. I have seen that I am not the only one and I am pretty sure you guys are tracking this! Any ETA??

#20 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Can some attention please finally be paid to analog turning?

I'm usually not the only one to ask this, but it never addressed. For goodness sake, this is a primary control. Camo skins? Do no care... Bobbleheads? meh... please make the controls work for the sim crowd; the FPS group is already quite adequately catered to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users