#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I am heavy cataphract guy
And dis, is my weapon

She weights 70 tonnes and fires 200 Cbill custom tooled AC/2 shells at 400 rounds a minute
...it costs 400 000 Cbills to fire this weapon..for 12 minutes

The Cataphract CTF-4X has 4 ....4!! ballistic slots

I instantly knew what to build! here's what i got

Engine=Standard 210
Endo steel + DHS with 13 Heatsinks

Armor=Maxed out

Armament= 4 X AC/2 autocannons. With 1 in each arm in 1 weapon group with chainfire ON
2x medium lazers for self defense
8 tonnes of AC/2 ammo (4 tonnes in leg, 4tonnes in Torso's proteced by 2 C.A.S.E units)

Now i always wanted the jagermech...for a quad AC/2 combination, but i never wonderd if it would "Work"

Well i never have to worry nomore, because it DOES

Its devestating against ballistic users like the gausscat, because of the chainfire i fire around 8 shots a second wich completly mess up and surpress aiming. Furthermore the damage is good overtime. Armour is sufficient to ward off enemy brawler attacks

HOWEVER... it is important NOT-TO-BRAWL- with an awesome or atlas alone
And while this thing might be devestating in surpressive fire, a light mech circling you Is a serious pain in the behind. You have great armour to hold out, but not for very long.

-Keep your distance. never go closer then 200 meters
-heat is acceptable and allows you for a full 30 second burst AS LONG AS YOU STAY OFF THE MEDIUM LASERS.
-Only use the lasers against light mechs at close range.
-Install CASE for the love of god...i ***** 4 mechs in my first match only for my ammo to blow my mech up skyhigh
-Use TF2 Heavy quotes during combat for maximum effect.
-Target gausscats...take these as priority. your rapid fire can chipper there health of the weapons away rather quickly

Posted Image

#2 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

I must know. How many critical slots are in each arm? Can I quad mount AC5s? Can I put a Gauss in each arm? Dual AC10s or LBX10s?

#3 BeetleatWar1977

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBavaria/Germany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostRaso, on 20 November 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

I must know. How many critical slots are in each arm? Can I quad mount AC5s? Can I put a Gauss in each arm? Dual AC10s or LBX10s?

Quad AC/5 or 2xAC/5 AND 2x UAC/5

#4 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostBeetleatWar1977, on 20 November 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Quad AC/5 or 2xAC/5 AND 2x UAC/5

Thank you for filling me in.

#5 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostRaso, on 20 November 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

2 ballistic slots per arm
2 energy slots in central torso
1 missile in head

-Can you mount quad AC/5? yes!
-You can mount Anything but AC/20 in the arms.

#6 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIn front of the cannon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Try this: Pair the AC2 into two groups, both set o chain fire. Stagger fire the two groups so the second groups start halfway between the shots for group one. Maximum noise. :ph34r:

#7 Radiohazard

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

This build interests me, but does it do enough dmg to be viable?

#8 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostRadiohazard, on 20 November 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

This build interests me, but does it do enough dmg to be viable?

16 DPS at max RoF. So yes, tons and tons of damage.
Only issue with AC2s is that they run super hot, so you'll be limited to firing in bursts but they'll be devastating bursts.

#9 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Heh. I did similar- only mine's a 225 engine, with 6 tons of ammo and a CT ML...and 17 DHS. Lets me sustain bursts better, and those quad cannons really do gnaw on things with sharp teeth.

210 engine doesn't do much a 200 will, BTW- heck, going over 200 is a ton wasted on the heavier gyro alone. Lose a little speed, gain some more bang.

#10 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Could I bother someone to test out something like this but with quad AC5s? I would myself but I am both A) lacking in C-bills and :angry: on the road for the holidays.

#11 Frenchtoastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I wanna hear a 4xUAC5 build, I've had some fun now with a 3xUAC Cicada (runs suprisingly cool while putting up almost 30damage every second). Something that's all slow, but armored and able to run FOUR of them should be an absolute terror!

#12 BOOMLegShot

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostFrenchtoastman, on 20 November 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

I wanna hear a 4xUAC5 build, I've had some fun now with a 3xUAC Cicada (runs suprisingly cool while putting up almost 30damage every second). Something that's all slow, but armored and able to run FOUR of them should be an absolute terror!
You cannot mount 4 UAC/5s. There are only 9 slots in each arm and an Ultra takes up 5. I know, I was devastated too. You CAN mount an Ultra and standard AC/5 in each arm, but keeping track of the timing is just too much work.

Could I bother someone to test out something like this but with quad AC5s? I would myself but I am both A) lacking in C-bills and :angry: on the road for the holidays.

Takes up 8 more tons, leaving pretty much no room for any other weapon. You lose 25% dps from AC2/s but one quarter of the heat. Aim is less forgiving and you have a reduced suppression effect.

Edited by BOOMLegShot, 20 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#13 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostFrenchtoastman, on 20 November 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

sadly you cant fit 4xUAC5 (5crit each) on the it. the arms doesnt have 10crit slot (which is what you need for an AC20, which cant fit either)

#14 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostBOOMLegShot, on 20 November 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Takes up 8 more tons, leaving pretty much no room for any other weapon. 25% dps but one quarter of the heat. Aim is less forgiving and you have a reduced suppression effect.

What other weapons could you possibly need? I mean it won't be the most diverse portfolio but with that sort of fire power what else could you ask for aside from maybe small laser, or 2, for point defense.

#15 BOOMLegShot

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostRaso, on 20 November 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

What other weapons could you possibly need? I mean it won't be the most diverse portfolio but with that sort of fire power what else could you ask for aside from maybe small laser, or 2, for point defense.

I dunno. I guess I'm just disappointed with my 4X purchase. You get 4 ballistic slots but you can only use all four if you fill them with sub-par ballistics weapons. At that point I wonder why I just don't go back to my dual AC/20 or guass Catapult with the weapons tucked safely into the torso.

The biggest drawback to me though? You can't fit engines larger than 255!!! That 300XL engine I was swapping between mechs? Useless! A 35 ton Jenner can fit that engine but not the 70 ton Cataphract. What the F? If I want to fit an XL engine on this I'll have to shell out an additional 4 milllion bucks for an engine I'll only ever use on this one mech.

#16 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I tried a very similar load out earlier today. 4 ac2s 2 med lasers. I learned I am not very good at leading ballistic weapons mounted in arm. Its been awhile sense I've done that.

I noticed a bug with the this cataphract. The mechlab tells me it is short a half ton. Any one ells notice this.

#17 Frenchtoastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

This means the Cicada is THE MOST POWERFUL BALLISTICS PLATFORM EVAR!..with no armor/ammo/speed...BUT STILL!!

Anyone know if any future planned release mechs can mount 4ballistics AND use torse or large/10+ arm slots?

#18 CannonFodder86

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

the Jaegermech should be able to. It's missing lower arm actuators(unlike the Cata) so it has should have more crit space.

#19 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

View Posttheta123, on 20 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

-Keep your distance. never go closer then 200 meters
-heat is acceptable and allows you for a full 30 second burst AS LONG AS YOU STAY OFF THE MEDIUM LASERS.
-Only use the lasers against light mechs at close range.

When a poster talks about range and heat control, you know he's legit.

#20 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Would it be too much to add jump jets?

oh JJ are N/A my bad.

Edited by Thomas Covenant, 20 November 2012 - 10:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users