Stalker Builds

16 replies to this topic

#1 Cyk0

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Since the devs havae stated we can be expecting the Stalker the 18 december, I have started preparing myself by playing around in the mechbay program http://mwomercs.com/...echbay-program/

But its a hard chassis to do good builds with... (I have only been using the standard variant, because I hope and think that the devs will trow a curve ball with some of the other variant)

You got loads of hardpoints, but not enough weight and crit space to use them that well. The weight issue can be solved with XL since the stalker probably will have a catapult like hitbox, but that makes the crit slots for DHS even fewer (which is a bad thing on a chassis with 6 energy hardpoints)

So far I have come up with two viable build, do you have any comments or any builds of your own?

Large laser build: (maybe I should move the arm SSRM ammo to the legs?)
Engine: 300 XL Engine
Internal Type: Std Internals
Armor Type: Std Armor
Heat Sinks: 18 (12) Double Heat Sinks
Armor Total: 525

Right Arm: Streak SRM2, DHS, Large Laser, Large Laser, Streak SRM Ammo
Left Arm: Streak SRM2, DHS, Large Laser, Large Laser, Streak SRM Ammo
Right Torso: Streak SRM2, DHS, DHS, Medium Pulse Laser, AMS Ammo
Left Torso: Medium Pulse Laser, DHS, DHS, Streak SRM2, AMS
Center Torso: Streak SRM Ammo, Streak SRM Ammo
Head: Streak SRM Ammo

LRM boat build: (This one probably runs a bit to hot...)
Engine: 300 XL Engine
Internal Type: Endo Steel
Heat Sinks: 12 (12) Double Heat Sinks
Armor Total: 512

Right Arm: ALRM15, Medium Laser, Medium Laser
Left Arm: ALRM15, Medium Laser, Medium Laser
Right Torso: ALRM15, Medium Laser, LRM Ammo, LRM Ammo, LRM Ammo, LRM Ammo
Left Torso: ALRM15, Medium Laser, LRM Ammo, LRM Ammo, LRM Ammo, LRM Ammo
Head: LRM Ammo

Edited by Cyk0, 25 November 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#2 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

It's all preference I think, I was using the 3F as the basis and I came up with:
Spoiler

More of a balanced build meant to command from afar with twin LRM 15's, then SSRM or SRM depending on your personal defensive units, with the 6 ML meant to pack a huge punch at the end-game stripping and destroying exposed components.

#3 Cyk0

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Yea that build is more balanced... maybe I should try building without XL to...

#4 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Keep in mind that the torso missile hardpoints will have 6 tubes, and the arm hardpoints will generally have 10. The exception is the 3H, which has 20 tube arm hardpoints.

#5 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Chassis Name: Stalker
Variant: STK-3F
Unit Name: "Yautja Mk. I"
Tonnage: 85.00

Engine: 255 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 32 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph

Internal Type: Endo Steel
Armor Type: Standard
Armor Total: 494 Armor Points
CASE: LT, RT

Heat Sinks: 20 Standard Heat Sinks
Armament:
x2 PPCs (LT, RT)
x4 Medium Lasers (x2 LA, x2 RA)
x2 LRM-5s (LT, RT) w/ x2 LRM-5 ammunition (LT, RT)
x2 SRM-6s (LA, RA) w/ x2 SRM-6 amunition (LT, RT)
x1 AMS (LT) w/ x1 AMS ammunition (LT)
x1 Guardian ECM Suite (CT)

Cost: ~8.5 Million C-Bills
Created in REMLAB

#6 Cyk0

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostAsyres, on 26 November 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Keep in mind that the torso missile hardpoints will have 6 tubes, and the arm hardpoints will generally have 10. The exception is the 3H, which has 20 tube arm hardpoints.

True, but that's not a dealbreaker (unless I missed something)

You even went with standard heat sinks Strum, interesting. I changed around a few pieces on my LL build to include a ECM like you did there, (and stuffed the ammo into the legs so no case for me)

Edited by Cyk0, 26 November 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#7 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

ECM is only light / medium for the near future I thought?

Edited by Volts, 26 November 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#8 Cyk0

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostVolts, on 26 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I never heard that... There are assault mechs using it in the TT so that would be a bit strange...

#9 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostCyk0, on 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

True, but that's not a dealbreaker (unless I missed something) You even went with standard heat sinks Strum, interesting. I changed around a few pieces on my LL build to include a ECM like you did there, (and stuffed the ammo into the legs so no case for me)

Yeah - the way criticals and tonnage were working out, I went with SHS rather than DHS (20 vs 28 units of cooling) so that I could put some of the HS in the legs (to take advantage of water) as well as be a bit more flexible in how the remaining critials were used/distributed(so as to put low-critical areas like the head to better use).

I've also always liked e-war gear, and tend to equip ECM and/or BAP whenever possible. ^_^

#10 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostVolts, on 26 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostCyk0, on 26 November 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

I never heard that... There are assault mechs using it in the TT so that would be a bit strange...

It comes from the "Feature Roadmap" in the Command Chair section of the forum.

ECM
Target Date: December 4th - 60%
Notes: Working on balancing. Most likely will limit to specific Light/Medium Chassis for now (similar to how jump jets work).
If the ECM Suite is an issue, it can be replaced with BAP (same weight and space requirements) or another HS and some more armor. ^_^

#11 Qarnage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

To those thinking missile tubes are not a big deal: the cooldown for the SRM/LRM launchers starts only at the end of the launcher volley. The only current advantage is the constant cockpit shake, and once proper mechanic for that will be implemented, you'll be only loosing damage per second. A Catapult-C4 with twin LRM-20 will do more damage per time than an Atlas-D with same armament.

#12 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

well
STK-3Fb - The 3Fb variant of the Stalker carries a Guardian ECM Suite in the center torso, upgrades the large lasers to extended range versions, and adds Artemis IV fire control systems to the LRM-15s that replace the Jackson LRM-10 launchers. The SRM-6 racks are gone, and the standard heat sinks were replaced with seventeen double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 2,029[3]

#13 Tuhalu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

DHS in Mechbay are still wrong compared to the current game values. See this post.

The practical limit on DHS is 18 for a Stalker. More than that and you can't fit weapons. You can drop to 17 if you want to fit some special equipment or something that takes up extra critical slots. XL engine would just affect how fast you want to go (250 standard and 300XL are roughly the same weight).

Here is a build I came up with:

Spoiler

The major purpose of the Stalker is to be able to fight equally well at any range and against any target. This build is well suited for that role. It won't outperform every dedicated brawler at close range, but it can shred one at range. It won't outperform every ranged boat at range, but it comes close and can move into shorter ranges fairly swiftly for an assault mech. The paired SSRM2s help keep light mechs honest.

From 450m-900m, you can engage with 2 ALRM15s and your PPC. If a target closes to 300-450m range, you can switch over to using 5 medium lasers and the 2 ALRM15s supported by your own TAG (yes, this actually improves your hit rate as long as you "stay on target"!). From 200-300m, you can use the 5 medium lasers and whichever of the 2 ALRM15s with TAG and 2 SSRM2s you think will be best to use ammo from. Below 200m, you still have 5 medium lasers and 2 SSRM2s.

If for some reason you run completely dry on ammo, you still have the PPC and 5 medium lasers to keep enemies busy with.

The short-range weapons are all mounted in the arms to keep them on the same targetting reticule and give them maximum arc in close range. The long range weapons are mounted in the torsos because they simply don't need that arc.

The LRMs are actually improved by being restricted to firing in volleys of 5 by the mount they are firing from. It causes screen shake on the target for longer on the target and tighter clustering means more missiles will hit.

#14 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yea, the smaller missile port's provide better stream fire of LRM's. Unless you're an alpha boy who likes to shoot all his missiles at once you should be able to constant stream LRM's downrange to mess up a target (was using a LRM20 in a AWS-9M arm just for that). 18DHS will be enough to keep a long range barrage going, and as long as you group your lasers you don't need to worry too much in terms of heat build up for closer ranges. I think the Stalker will be one of the few builds to pull off combat at all ranges effectively.

#15 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

i am thinking about this one for all around playstyle(like my C4 is 2xMLas 2xSSRM2 2xALRM15)
Chassis Name: Stalker
Model Name: STK-3F
Variant Name: stalker
Engine Cost: 1 020 000 C-Bills
Heat Sink Cost: 6 000 C-Bills
Armor Cost: 160 256 C-Bills
Weapons Cost: 1 880 000 C-Bills
Equipment Cost: 56 000 C-Bills
Ammo Cost: 352 480 C-Bills
Engine: 255 XL Engine
Internal Type: Std Internals
Heat Sinks: 13 (10) Double Heat Sinks
Tonnage: 85,00
Speed: 48,6 kph
Armor Total: 496
Alpha Strike Damage: 102,00
Alpha Strike Heat: 92,25%
Firepower: 24,80 dps
Heat Efficiency: 19,83%
Effective Range of Loadout: 630m
Head: 18/18
Right Torso: 55/72
Right Rear Torso: 17/72
Center Torso: 83/108
Center Rear Torso: 25/108
Left Torso: 55/72
Left Rear Torso: 17/72
Right Arm: 56/56
Left Arm: 56/56
Right Leg: 57/72
Left Leg: 57/72
Weapons Locations
Right Arm:
(2) Medium Laser
ALRM15
Left Arm:
(2) Medium Laser
ALRM15
Right Torso:
Streak SRM2
ER Large Laser
Left Torso:
Streak SRM2
ER Large Laser
Heat Sink Locations
Right Torso: 2
Left Torso: 1

Equipment Locations
Left Torso:
AMS

Ammo Locations
Right Arm:
Streak SRM Ammo
(3) LRM Ammo
Left Arm:
(2) AMS Ammo
Streak SRM Ammo
LRM Ammo
Right Leg:
(2) LRM Ammo
Left Leg:
(2) LRM Ammo
File created using MWO Mechbay

When ECM will be avialable for this chasis then switch 1 ton of LRM/AMS ammo and 0,5 ton of armor to put it in.
And about heat effenciency.You will never use all weapons at once.On my C4 i rarely use all weapons at once and since this is almost same sonfig just with bigger mech i hope it will be same.I just cant w8 to try it :P

Edited by JudgeDeathCZ, 28 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#16 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostQarnage, on 26 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

To those thinking missile tubes are not a big deal: the cooldown for the SRM/LRM launchers starts only at the end of the launcher volley. The only current advantage is the constant cockpit shake, and once proper mechanic for that will be implemented, you'll be only loosing damage per second. A Catapult-C4 with twin LRM-20 will do more damage per time than an Atlas-D with same armament.

This is what I was getting at. If you are running both lrms and srms in your stalker, the lrms go in the arms.

#17 Tuhalu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

The major concern with LRMs is getting the highest number of LRMs in your ammo bays actually hitting their targets. With overheating a valid concern on a Stalker (especially if you have a PPC or other long range energy weapon to fire as well!), it doesn't even hurt to "lower your dps" for the sake of improved effect on target. LRMs go in the torsos for improved effect (clustering).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users