Issue/Bug: Really Low FPS and Poor Game Performance while in battle.
Cause: The game isn't threading properly, so its a threading code issue. MWO is doing all the same calculations/work using 2 or less cores and mirroring the work to the other available cores, thus causing it to return a ton of errors and Slowing down the game allot....
Solution: Forcing the game to use more cores with Forced threading options. After you should get 30-60fps which is playable!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Fix requires a computer with HyperTransport(AMD) or Hyper-Threading(Intel);
And It will NOT work for an older computer with a Front-Side-Bus which is outdated.
System Requirements -> Make sure you Meet or Beat the system requirements for the CryEngine3(which is what MWO is using): http://mwomercs.com/...re-requirments/
1. First Make Sure your Drivers are fully Up to date: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Here's my Specs for a Comparison:
And My Driver version is: 306.97
2. Then Use the Settings in this Screenshot below to fix the current threading issue.
And Make Sure you Apply it before closing the Control Panel and Running MWO.
Note: Because AMD has yet to include this option in their Control Panel you have to use 3rd party Software. SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...
AMD FX CPU Users Note: As AMD has messed up royally with these CPU's there isn't much to do to get any more performance out of them and this fix appears to not work with them either... This is not just directed to this game it's for all games. If you do a simple search on google and a game you want to play with your FX CPU you will see that for every game you search it has poor performance with these CPU's....
1. Download and install this ATi Tray Tools: http://downloads.gur...oad.php?det=733
2. Run it then right-click on the try icon and enable Forced Multi-threading from here: "Tweaks->Advanced Tweaks" Its under the Multi-Thread Support drop-down menu.
3. Leave the min at 0. And Set the Max Accordingly:
- For Dual Core users Set the Max to 2
- For Tri-Core users Set the Max to 3
- For Quad Core users Set the Max to 4
- For 6 Core users Set the Max to 6
- For 8 Core users Set the Max to 8
Enjoy and Please Vote above and Post a reply below.
Note: If this Didn't help you then Please Post your Full Specs Below.
@ALL: I have Sent in a Support Ticket about this issue to Inform the Devs of where The Poor performance is coming from. So Hopefully it will be resolved in the next patch.
Edited by EternalCore, 03 December 2012 - 03:25 PM.