- - - - -

[Fix|Updated]Poor Game Performance Solution{Nvidia/amd Users}

458 replies to this topic

Poll: multi thread (299 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this Fix Help make your Game run better?

1. Yes. (95 votes [31.77%])

Percentage of vote: 31.77%

2. No. (Post your Specs Below) (158 votes [52.84%])

Percentage of vote: 52.84%

3. I alread had it on. (35 votes [11.71%])

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

4. I don't Own a Nvidia/Amd card, So I'm Still affected. (11 votes [3.68%])

Percentage of vote: 3.68%

Vote

#21 EternalCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostElcomeSoft, on 26 November 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

I went digging on Google before I posted ;)

Will continue to do so in case I hit gold. I tend to get between 20 and 35 FPS in combat, up to 55-60 on occasion already but I'd sure love to boost it up and smooth it out some more before PGI come along with DirectX11 and more performance tweaks, so I appreciate the efforts of anyone with a possible solution to some of the issues we're facing, even if they're not my holy grail.

Roger. Ah Yea But now we know why the game is preforming badly. B)

#22 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Bumping to inform others.

#23 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

can someone pls explain me, why there is no option for ambient occlusion in my nvidia control panel? i have the latest drivers...
doesn´t the 9500gt support AO anyway, so that the option isn´t available?

#24 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Slightly off topic: I was using the 12.10 Cats + CAP's. Now I'm going to give 12.11 Beta 8 + 12.11 Beta CAP1 a go.

#25 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

got an extra 15 fps. now up to 75 :wacko:

#26 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 26 November 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

can someone pls explain me, why there is no option for ambient occlusion in my nvidia control panel? i have the latest drivers...

No you need the newer GTX cards to get it. But this game doesn't support it yet, so there's no hurry; except that your card is quite old...

#27 Assassin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBando-shi, Japan

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Didn't help. Here're my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz
8GB RAM
MSI GTX 460
Lowest settings @ 1600 x 900 in Full screen

What about settings like v-sync? Do they improve or hinder performance?

#28 KarrRadane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 101 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

My FPS seems the same not sure about other performance enhancments. Thanks for the info though. It could be that I have a decent spec'ed system:

IntelCorei7-2600cpu3.40ghz
8,00gb ram
64 bit windows7
GTX580

#29 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostElcomeSoft, on 26 November 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

Slightly off topic: I was using the 12.10 Cats + CAP's. Now I'm going to give 12.11 Beta 8 + 12.11 Beta CAP1 a go.

This method gave me an appreciable performance boost with my system and AMD graphics cards. This method also uses beta software from AMD themselves and as such carries the same risks as described by AMD. Proceed at your own risk if you wish to try. (In my experience, beta programs and drivers are usually fine but I'm not going to take any responsibility if you try it and something doesn't work out. It was a risk I was willing to take and it worked out fine for me)

Started download of AMD Catalyst Drivers 12.11 Beta 8 and AMD Catalyst Application Pack 12.11 1
Uninstalled old AMD Application pack and old AMD drivers from Uninstall Programs in Control Panel (did NOT reboot)
Ran Trexxy's Driver Fusion (the new name of Driver Cleaner) and cleared all AMD Drivers (made a backup just in-case)
Rebooted
Installed the 12.11 Beta 8 drivers from above. Custom Install, ticked every box.
Installed the 12.11 Application Pack 1 from above. Rebooted.
Left all Catalyst Control Centre (CCC) options as default except I use an AMD Pre-Defined Profile for Crysis 2 and have saved this to apply when launching MechWarriorOnline.exe

Played MWO with ~10-15% improvement overall

First match on Caustic, I had no radar/minimap (related bug? perhaps, not sure). Second match on River City (map I had most issues with), overall ran a bit smoother and i had my radar/minimap back.

System Specs:
Windows 8 Professional 64-Bit
Intel i5 2500k processor (3.4 ghz, stock clocks)
8 Gb DDR3 RAM
2 x AMD Radeon 1G HD6870's (stock clocks)
OCZ Vertex Plus SSD (contains OS and MWO)

MWO Settings:
1920x1080 V-Sync enabled
All options to the maximum available (High or Very High, whichever is applicable. Includes Motion Blur)

Not sure if I should start a new topic with this in and I hope EternalCore, that you're not offended by my placement of a potential AMD fix off the back of your Nvidia thread (it encouraged me to look around again). Will likely see how things go from here but it gets a tentative/early thumbs up from me.

#30 Serraphin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

This increased my fps but caused me to ctd 3 out of 4 attemots to join match

#31 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 26 November 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

I think they took the option out anyway, mine says "setting not supported by application" and that is with a kepler card.

I gained somewhere between 5-10 fps on this fix, thanks!

#32 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Wow! This thing actually helped. Didn't think it would work but I just tried it out and I'm getting noticeable better fps on the Forest map. Getting consistent 30+ fps up to 45 in peaceful situations and it never went below 20 in fights. That map is now playable. Thanks!

#33 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

No fix, but it did help a lot, less sub 20fps situations.
It is now almost playable on most maps. Both cores run at 100% now, like before the patch.

e8400@3.6GHz
GTX 260
4GB DDR2 800
Driver 306.97

#34 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostEternalCore, on 26 November 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Are your video-card drivers Up to date? Also make sure you laptop is not sitting on a soft surface as you could be blocking the air vents.

Ok, my previous post was in error.

I knew it wasn't heat, I learned how it sounds when it gets hot because my cat loves cuddling up to the vents. I then updated my video driver, which if it were out of date it was not badly so, but that didn't do much either. Then I poked around my computer more until I discovered that my power management settings had the "High performance -> plugged in" set to "moderate battery saving" rather than "maximum performance". So this is my real review of your fix.
  • Before fixing the power options: 20ish FPS, mild stutter, especially with high relative speeds. Very rare frame hangups, maybe one or two a night.
  • After fixing the power settings, before adjusting the video settings: Very, very smooth. However the FPS meter in the game seemed to give me the same numbers, is it not accurate? Unfortunately the frame hangups became very common; I didn't count but there must have been at least six in a single battle, just about every time the fight got intense.
  • After fixing the power settings and adjusting the video options: Very smooth, not hangups yet. The FPS meter still shows me hanging around 20 though.
In other news, the poll now needs to be read with one one more "yes" and one fewer "no".

#35 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostAssassin, on 26 November 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Didn't help. Here're my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz
8GB RAM
MSI GTX 460
Lowest settings @ 1600 x 900 in Full screen

What about settings like v-sync? Do they improve or hinder performance?

You are at your limits. That CPU is crippling your performance. Is not a standard i5, i7, or i3 core. It is the crippled version for the super super super low end computers. if you change to an I5 core, you will be literally tripling your cpu performance.

Edited by RiceyFighter, 26 November 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#36 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostRiceyFighter, on 26 November 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

You are at your limits. That CPU is crippling your performance. Is not a standard i5, i7, or i3 core. It is the crippled version for the super super super low end computers. if you change to an I5 core, you will be literally tripling your cpu performance.

Thing is his performance literally halved this patch (we know each other personally), so it's definitely something up with this patch. It was playable on higher settings pre-patch, but now it's not even playable on the lowest of the low settings.

#37 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Nothing really noticeable.

System specs:

Windows 7 64bit

Intel i5-750 overclocked to 3.51ghz

8gigs of ram

Geforce GTX 660

Driver version 310.61

#38 Johnny Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

It didn't improve my framerate per say, it did stabilize the FPS to a steady 25.

I usually get peaks up to 40FPS and drops as low as 5 FPS, this seems to keep it at 25FPS. Still testing more though but it looks decent to smooth the game out at the very least.

#39 Beezer

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

While this didn't fix my fps performance issues that the latest patch had brought on, it did make the game play a bit smoother with less fps drops. While it isn't perfect by any means it has made the game playable again so thank a bunch.

#40 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Im not realy sure if it helped. i voted yes though.
After the patch my fps dropped to ~20 (mostly ~15 in heavy fights), i just tested this workaround and i had 22-35 fps in forest snow. looks good.

(specs below)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users