- - - - -

[Fix|Updated]Poor Game Performance Solution{Nvidia/amd Users}

458 replies to this topic

Poll: multi thread (299 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this Fix Help make your Game run better?

1. Yes. (95 votes [31.77%])

Percentage of vote: 31.77%

2. No. (Post your Specs Below) (158 votes [52.84%])

Percentage of vote: 52.84%

3. I alread had it on. (35 votes [11.71%])

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

4. I don't Own a Nvidia/Amd card, So I'm Still affected. (11 votes [3.68%])

Percentage of vote: 3.68%

Vote

#401 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

View Postvietnamabc, on 30 December 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

-snip-

Before the Dec 18th update, it was running acceptably? If so, are you using a notebook and did you check that MWO is running using the HD7870 and not the integrated graphics card?

I noticed that the last update required me to reset this on my notebook.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 30 December 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#402 Click

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostFireDog, on 29 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

"Can not Initialize ATIPDLXX Library! Exiting now..."

You need to put a .dll file on the ATT folder, google ATIPDLXX.dll, download and put it in the folder, then ATT should work. I had this problem too, it happens because ATT hasn't been updated in quite a while and the .dll file on the newest ATI drivers isnt compatible anymore, it needs an older one.

You folks with quads and far better graphics card than I not being able to run the game smoothly only further shows how much of a cpu core IPC performance problem this game has. It doesn't really matter how many cores/threads you have, if your cpu's single core performance isn't high enough you're gonna have issues.

Relkathi, if you wanna get a new rig for this game go ahead, but if you do mail me your cpu ;) Phenom I quads are K10 architecture just like my dual, so I can pretty much assure you that if your mems/motherboard don't limit it, it can do 3ghz. Seriously just give it a try, go in the BIOS, bump your HT 10 mhz, save and restart. It sucks to see this game underperforming for so many, but to see people struggling with their hardware when you know they can milk so much more out of it is..painful.

Edited by Click, 30 December 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#403 vietnamabc

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 30 December 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Before the Dec 18th update, it was running acceptably? If so, are you using a notebook and did you check that MWO is running using the HD7870 and not the integrated graphics card?

I noticed that the last update required me to reset this on my notebook.

I play on desktop, and how do I check that MWO use the HD7870 and not the integrated graphic card?

#404 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

View Postvietnamabc, on 31 December 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

I play on desktop, and how do I check that MWO use the HD7870 and not the integrated graphic card?

Do you have an integrated graphics card? I can't tell from your specs since motherboard is not mentioned.

If you do and you desktop came factory installed with the HD7870, you might have something like AMD VISION Engine Control Centre application on your machine that lets you manage which graphic solution is used for individual apps.

I haven't built a desktop in a while so I'm not too sure if the above will help at all. I was just mentioning my own experience with my notebook since last patch as that was what happened in my case.

Hope this helps but if it doesn't, suggest mailing support@mwomercs.com for help unless someone else has a solution.

#405 vietnamabc

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 31 December 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

Do you have an integrated graphics card? I can't tell from your specs since motherboard is not mentioned.

If you do and you desktop came factory installed with the HD7870, you might have something like AMD VISION Engine Control Centre application on your machine that lets you manage which graphic solution is used for individual apps.

I haven't built a desktop in a while so I'm not too sure if the above will help at all. I was just mentioning my own experience with my notebook since last patch as that was what happened in my case.

Hope this helps but if it doesn't, suggest mailing support@mwomercs.com for help unless someone else has a solution.

Thanks for your reply, my motherboard is ASUS P5Q.

#406 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

View Postvietnamabc, on 31 December 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Thanks for your reply, my motherboard is ASUS P5Q.

Doesn't look like you have integrated graphics so the issue I had is not what's causing your problem.

#407 EternalCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm back from my break of helping this forum! :)

View PostPartingOfTheSensoryDeathPrelude, on 26 December 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

Game is still absolutely unplayable, I'm getting about a half FPS after this thread's tweak and all settings to low, 1280x700...

WinXP
Intel Dual Core E5400@2.7GHz
4 Gigs ram
nVidia 880GTS

The only other game I've been unable to play was Just Cause 2 because it does not support WinXP. Too bad, I was looking forward to playing this, but as is it's the worst performing game I've ever seen... :lol:

View PostPartingOfTheSensoryDeathPrelude, on 26 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Yeah something is very badly optimized, or maybe it's trying to load too much stuff at the beginning of the match. What happens is this, when the game starts, I get about 0.5-2 fps, I can move aroud, but have about a 2s delay, with 1fps at most... I've run out, got myself killed, (being unable to control/see anything really). CPU usually around 80-100%

Afterwards, it switches to observer mode, where I can see teamates fight. Well what do you know, about a minute after the start of the game, it ran basically smooth as butter >30 fps, probably in the 50s for more than a few seconds, it somewhat stuttered at points, but was basically smooth. I think it might be it, the program tries to load too much things at one point and then it starts constantly swapping trying to load/unload stuff.

Oh well, doesn't seem much I can do...

Your computer is quite old and there's nothing you can do with that rig to make this game run better until MWO is Optimized better.
I do recommend upgrading to a new quad-core computer as most games including this one now require 4 cores minimum to operate efficiently.

View PostCoolant, on 26 December 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Have an AMD quad-core A6-3620...this recommendation made no noticeable changes, but thanks for bringing attention to it...maybe will help someone...

The AMD A Series CPU's for Laptops is not meant for heavy gaming such is the case with your laptop and this game which is why you have poor performance and nothing helps..

View PostRelkathi, on 28 December 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

I can't seem to get my frames above 25ish at its peak. During combat I tend to be around 5 - 10, which definitely hurts.

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
CPU - AMD Phenom X4 9600
RAM - 4GB DDR2
Motherboard - MSI MS-7374
GPU - GeForce GTX 460 PNY
Hard drive - 1TB WD10EARX

Looking to upgrade, as MWO is pretty much the only game I play, trying to make it a beast.

View PostFireDog, on 29 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

I have an older Gateway LX6200-01 computer currently running less than 20 FPS dropping into single digits (5-9) during a fight at low graphics settings with 1280x720. It is a first generation AMD Quad with specs of:

AMD Phenom X4 9500 CPU (2200 Mhz)
Radeon HD 7750 Core Edition (1GB DDR5) Graphics
8 Gs DDR2 RAM
Win 7 64 bit
1TB hard drive

With the latest (beta) AMD video driver (AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta11) installed I get a
Windows Experience Index of 5.9 with sub-scores of:

Processor 6.9
Memory(RAM) 7.2
Graphics 7.5
Gaming Graphics 7.5
Primary data transfer rate 5.9

I downloaded and install the ATI Tray Tools (both stable and beta) however when launched the applications crashed with an error of:

"Can not Initialize ATIPDLXX Library! Exiting now..."

Any help to get my MWO game running better would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
FireDog

@Relkathi & FireDog: both of you are running Phenom 1's with DDR2 RAM which is too slow and clunky for you to play this game efficiently.. If your Motherboard's Can take it I recommend Upgrading them to a Phenom II and DDR3 RAM <-(I recommend the Phenom II 965 BE and Corsair Memory) But if not then you'll have to buy a whole new computer and I recommend staying AWAY from the AMD FX series!!! Because AMD failed horribly with them and the Phenom II's out perform the FX chips in every way. Good Luck Happy Hunting!

Edited by EternalCore, 01 January 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#408 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postvietnamabc, on 30 December 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

For me, since the new update, my computer runs the game very poorly: no texture at all, no effect, low FPS and the games runs like black and white although here's my spec:
Spoiler

Make sure your Video card drivers are up to date from here: http://support.amd.c...iw_vista32.aspx
Try resetting your Settings in the AMD Vision Centre to Default.

Also I noticed you are using a 32bit version of Win7 I recommend upgrading to a 64bit version of windows as it will run much smoother and less issues will occur as 32bit OS's are now becoming Obsolete.

#409 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

same fps as before, in the 25-30 range. My specs:

intel core i3 2100 @3.1 GHz
4 gb ram @ 1300 MHz
GeForce GT430 2Gb VRAM
Win 7 32 bit
1280*720 fullscreen, low settings

#410 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Posto0cipher0o, on 02 January 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

same fps as before, in the 25-30 range. My specs:

intel core i3 2100 @3.1 GHz
4 gb ram @ 1300 MHz
GeForce GT430 2Gb VRAM
Win 7 32 bit
1280*720 fullscreen, low settings

That sounds about right since your PC is on the low-end of the gaming spectrum. :lol:

#411 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Here's an update which I hope will be interesting and helpful to everyone - maybe EternalCore will understand what is going on.

As posted before, I have the new 2012 iMac i7-3770 3.4ghz, 32gig ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 680MX 2gig video card. I have the latest nvidia 310.7 whql drivers. Fresh install of windows 7 - bootcamped.

Prior to my changes, no matter what I did, I was always getting 50-60fps which drops into the 10-15s fps when mechs where in my screen - it didn't matter if I was running fullscreen / windowed, 2560x1440 or 1920x1080 or anything less, low to very high settings..

I ran MSI Afterburner and overclocked my 680MX by 250mhz cpu and 350mhz memory - which puts the gpu core at the same spec as the desktop and the memory within 10% of the desktop.

I did the settings EternalCore mentioned in his original post.

Tonight, back home from my christmas trip where I was using my old Q6600 quad core 3.0ghz, 4 gig ddr2 ram, 460gtx 1gig system that always got 45 fps and never dipped into the 10s, I did a few more changes:

1) i forced off AA in the nvidia settings
2) i turned on fxaa
3) i forced 8x anisotropic
4) went to task manager and set the process to high

and I played with 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 - high to medium settings...

Still I would drop to the 15s during fights / mechs on the screen. Basically making it impossible to play a light mech.

but then during game I went to task manager and noticed:

Set Affinity
Set CPU 0,1,2,3

My fps jumped in game to the 40s.

So then I did this:

5) set settings to medium
6) shadows to low
7) environment to low

(now I have set shadows and environment to low before without effects and I don't think this is the overall solution I am getting to...)

And now I get 60+ fps in firefights at 2560x1440 with medium settings - shadows low - environment low.

I'll play around some more, but I hope this helps others. Maybe the issue for some people like me with the i7 is the hyperthreading and the solution is to use SET AFFINITY.

PS: to get to set the process to high / affinity -- I had to 1) open task manger 2) switch to mwomercs.exe / mechwarrior online (or go to processes and select it) 3) get an error.. ! and show all processes from all users 4) reselect mwomercs.exe (or just do show all processes from all users first then 4! duh!) and 5) select process - high / set affinity and choose cpu 0,1,2,3

Edited by MavRCK, 03 January 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#412 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

@MavRCK: As posted in the 1st post of this thread, it is a threading issue that's causing poor performance; and The devs are aware of this already and they are already working to fix it. So Just give it time as this still is a Beta Game. ;)

#413 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostEternalCore, on 03 January 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

@MavRCK: As posted in the 1st post of this thread, it is a threading issue that's causing poor performance; and The devs are aware of this already and they are already working to fix it. So Just give it time as this still is a Beta Game. ;)

You're awesome Eternal. :P I really appreciate all the help you've given me and the community!

#414 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostFerretGR, on 03 December 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I wouldn't describe the Phenom II line as limiting yourself. I have a 965 on the way; I'll playtest it alongside my FX6100 and we'll settle it in a few days :huh:

View Postxengk, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Great! This will decide what I will be buying myself as xmas present this year.
Hope to hear the good news.

I know I'm responding to an oldie here, and it's too late to help you out for xmas, xengk, but I finally got my Phenom II X4 965 system up and running and ran my first playtests on it today. The difference is DRAMATIC, even more so than I expected!

Before: AMD FX6100, Gigabyte OEM mobo: FPS 12-15, all settings on low
After: AMD Phenom II X4 965, ASUS Sabretooth mobo: FPS >20, all settings on VERY HIGH

Same video, RAM, hdd, etc in both cases.

I promised a FRAPS of the two chips alongside one another in otherwise identical systems, and I'll make good on that promise this weekend by putting the FX6100 in the new mobo and doing a playtest. I anticipate that I'll get similar results.

Sorry to dredge up an old debate, I mean, I know the issue of the FX-series AMD chips is pretty well known, but here's some direct evidence for this game for folks who are skeptical about a 2-year old CPU outperforming a 1-year old supposed upgrade!

Cheers!

Edited by FerretGR, 04 January 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#415 Relkathi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostFerretGR, on 04 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I know I'm responding to an oldie here, and it's too late to help you out for xmas, xengk, but I finally got my Phenom II X4 965 system up and running and ran my first playtests on it today. The difference is DRAMATIC, even more so than I expected!

Before: AMD FX6100, Gigabyte OEM mobo: FPS 12-15, all settings on low
After: AMD Phenom II X4 965, ASUS Sabretooth mobo: FPS &gt;20, all settings on VERY HIGH

Same video, RAM, hdd, etc in both cases.

I promised a FRAPS of the two chips alongside one another in otherwise identical systems, and I'll make good on that promise this weekend by putting the FX6100 in the new mobo and doing a playtest. I anticipate that I'll get similar results.

Sorry to dredge up an old debate, I mean, I know the issue of the FX-series AMD chips is pretty well known, but here's some direct evidence for this game for folks who are skeptical about a 2-year old CPU outperforming a 1-year old supposed upgrade!

Cheers!

I also have a 965 BE on the way as a temporary solution until I get a new system. Will post my stats soon as I get it up and running.

Current setup is as follows:

Phenom X4 9600 2.3GHz. Stock
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum
4 GB OCZ SLI ready DDR2 Ram
PNY GTX 460 1 GB

Average frame rate is anywhere from 25-35 prematch, early match. It increased slightly when I updated the GPU driver.

During combat and late match it drops to 5-15. I am assuming this has something to do with the. Buffer filling up as well

#416 Aneah

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

My current setup is

AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz
6 GB Ram
HP MB
And a nVidia GT220

Everything worked great until the patch last week. I think I've had one game where FPS didn't suck. In a couple of them, I actually was able to be 'normal' until combat started, then things went to crap.

I made the recommended changes in the original post and no dice.

OH and all the drivers are up to date.

Edited by Aneah, 06 January 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#417 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

I do have:
Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz (4 cores)
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5570 (1GB I think)
Win7 64 bit

VSync is off, as is motion blur.
Lowest settings and lowest resolution.

Still fps about 10-15, maybe less in dense fights.

The solution in the 1st post didn't change anything unfortunately.

Also, in the Options it says DirectX9, is not clickable, while Win7 says I have DirectX11.

Shouldn't the performance be a tad better with my system or do I have to cope with it?

Thanx for this great thread anyway! :)

Edited by Herodes, 14 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#418 Baldarus Jones

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

No noticeable improvement

Bio-Star Hi-Fi A85W Motherboard

AMD A6-5400K APU dual core with Radeon™ HD Graphics

AMD Radeon HD 6570 video card with 2gigs of ram

8 gigs system ram

Windows 7 64-bit

Not running in crossfire. Using mentioned card. No v-sync, lowest graphics settings

#419 Galathon Redd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBremerton, WA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

The OPs tweak gave my low-end system an extra 10-15% FPS boost. Bravo!

#420 18A7977

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWisc.USA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

My FX4100 with a GTX660 works great ,with the 610 my computer came with I was getting 4-10 fps now I get 40-60 so I have no complaints about the FX4100

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users