- - - - -

[Fix|Updated]Poor Game Performance Solution{Nvidia/amd Users}

458 replies to this topic

Poll: multi thread (299 member(s) have cast votes)

Did this Fix Help make your Game run better?

1. Yes. (95 votes [31.77%])

Percentage of vote: 31.77%

2. No. (Post your Specs Below) (158 votes [52.84%])

Percentage of vote: 52.84%

3. I alread had it on. (35 votes [11.71%])

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

4. I don't Own a Nvidia/Amd card, So I'm Still affected. (11 votes [3.68%])

Percentage of vote: 3.68%

Vote

#441 Spooky01

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

i7 3970k
asus sabertooth n79 MB
Nvidia 2x GTX 680 SLI
16 Gb Corsair Dominator Ram at 2400MHz
Corsair AH power supply 1100 w

Windows 7 Ultra 64 bit

System water cooled and stable.

This Frozen screen only happened with the last patch! All was fine until then?

Edited by Spooky01, 15 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#442 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Can anyone help me get the ATI Tray Tools working on the windows 7 64bit OS?

i7 Q740 @ 1.73GHz (4physical/8virtual cores)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
4GB RAM @ 1333

#443 Finex Dragon

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

How do I get the "program settings" mentioned EternalCore? What route doo I use? I use a windows 7

#444 Hit N Go

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hi, I'm just new to MWO games, actually I'm just invited by my friend but my location is in pacific asia, meaning I always got bigger pings. And I just noticed that when I'm using my new account I always have lower fps, about 7 to 9 fps only but when I'm using my friend's account which is registered last december, I can reach 15 to 20 fps.

I'm sorry if this is not the right thread but I just thought this might be a little relevant for new users.

Can I ask for some help about it?

Thanks in advance.

#445 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostHit N Go, on 18 February 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Hi, I'm just new to MWO games, actually I'm just invited by my friend but my location is in pacific asia, meaning I always got bigger pings. And I just noticed that when I'm using my new account I always have lower fps, about 7 to 9 fps only but when I'm using my friend's account which is registered last december, I can reach 15 to 20 fps.

I'm sorry if this is not the right thread but I just thought this might be a little relevant for new users.

Can I ask for some help about it?

Thanks in advance.

Using the same computer but different accounts? If so, are the graphic settings identical?

#446 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

My only crazy suggestion is to load up the browser while the game is loaded. It seems to increase performance for me, and I don't know why. It may or may not help you.

#447 Hit N Go

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 18 February 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Using the same computer but different accounts? If so, are the graphic settings identical?

yes I'm using exactly the same computer therefore graphic setting is identical, I'll provide a screenshot later. But I'm really thinking what could be the reason for it.

I already tried switching between two accounts several times and the result is the same, it's a little weird for me too.

I'm also playing while the browser is open (tried both open and not) but still with the same result

#448 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostHit N Go, on 18 February 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

yes I'm using exactly the same computer therefore graphic setting is identical, I'll provide a screenshot later. But I'm really thinking what could be the reason for it.

I already tried switching between two accounts several times and the result is the same, it's a little weird for me too.

I'm also playing while the browser is open (tried both open and not) but still with the same result

I was referring to the graphic settings in the game client of the different accounts. Click "Menu" on the bottom left, then "Options" then in "Video Settings", click "Advanced Options" and compare the settings for both accounts.

If this isn't the issue, I suggest contacting support@mwomercs.com as I have no other ideas what the problem might be.

#449 Game-System

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm only getting around 5-8 fps depending on the map
Here are my Specs

Windows 7 64 bit
Amd Athelon II x2 260 processor duel core 3.2ghz
4 gigs of ram
2321 mb page file
Amd Radion HD 6450 2807 mb
I just updated my drivers, and I uninstalled, removed from rejistry, and reinstalled MWO
I don't understand why even on the lowest settings I can't hit 30 fps or higher

#450 Jorlanne

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRouen (France)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hi,
I play on a laptop :
MSI GT 70
CPU : Core I7-3610QM 2.3 GHz
RAM : 8 GB
GPU : nVidia Geforce 680M

in 1920x1080 I experience some low Fps when a lot of mech are in the same location (8-10 fps) and 40-60 elsewhere.
in very high, high and medium video settings (I did not try low)
Geforce experience tells me that I can play MWO with full graphical option.
I play on a second monitor through an HDMI link (not on the laptop monitor).
It seems that the performance issue does not occur on the laptop monitor.

Do you have an idea how can I fix this performance issue because I plan to try MWO on an 55' Full HD TV in few weeks ?

Regards

#451 Fiaura The Tank Girl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 107 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostEternalCore, on 26 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Note: AMD users Read Below the Nvidia Stuff.

Issue/Bug: Really Low FPS and Poor Game Performance while in battle.

Cause: The game isn't threading properly, so its a threading code issue. MWO is doing all the same calculations/work using 2 or less cores and mirroring the work to the other available cores, thus causing it to return a ton of errors and Slowing down the game allot....

Solution: Forcing the game to use more cores with Forced threading options. After you should get 30-60fps which is playable!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Fix requires a computer with HyperTransport(AMD) or Hyper-Threading(Intel);
And It will NOT work for an older computer with a Front-Side-Bus which is outdated.

System Requirements -> Make sure you Meet or Beat the system requirements for the CryEngine3(which is what MWO is using): http://mwomercs.com/...re-requirments/

Nvidia Users:
1. First Make Sure your Drivers are fully Up to date: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Here's my Specs for a Comparison:

And My Driver version is: 306.97

2. Then Use the Settings in this Screenshot below to fix the current threading issue.
And Make Sure you Apply it before closing the Control Panel and Running MWO.
Posted Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD Users:
Note: Because AMD has yet to include this option in their Control Panel you have to use 3rd party Software. SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

AMD FX CPU Users Note: As AMD has messed up royally with these CPU's there isn't much to do to get any more performance out of them and this fix appears to not work with them either... This is not just directed to this game it's for all games. If you do a simple search on google and a game you want to play with your FX CPU you will see that for every game you search it has poor performance with these CPU's....

Steps:

1. Download and install this ATi Tray Tools: http://downloads.gur...oad.php?det=733

2. Run it then right-click on the try icon and enable Forced Multi-threading from here: "Tweaks->Advanced Tweaks" Its under the Multi-Thread Support drop-down menu.

3. Leave the min at 0. And Set the Max Accordingly:
  • For Dual Core users Set the Max to 2
  • For Tri-Core users Set the Max to 3
  • For Quad Core users Set the Max to 4
  • For 6 Core users Set the Max to 6
  • For 8 Core users Set the Max to 8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy and Please Vote above and Post a reply below.

Note: If this Didn't help you then Please Post your Full Specs Below.

@ALL: I have Sent in a Support Ticket about this issue to Inform the Devs of where The Poor performance is coming from. So Hopefully it will be resolved in the next patch. Posted Image

Hey idiot, where are the directions to actually access this screen?

#452 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostNatalia Uchevnikov, on 01 July 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

Hey idiot, where are the directions to actually access this screen?

This post was made november 26 2012. What are you doing here? Also, why the insulting language?

EDIT: Also, the OP hasn't been active since December of 2013.

Before calling people idiots, why not check to see you're not making yourself into one?

Edited by IraqiWalker, 01 July 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#453 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Not really new player help and possibly useless now. Summoning a mod for moving.

#454 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

View PostEternalCore, on 26 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Note: AMD users Read Below the Nvidia Stuff.

Issue/Bug: Really Low FPS and Poor Game Performance while in battle.

Cause: The game isn't threading properly, so its a threading code issue. MWO is doing all the same calculations/work using 2 or less cores and mirroring the work to the other available cores, thus causing it to return a ton of errors and Slowing down the game allot....

Solution: Forcing the game to use more cores with Forced threading options. After you should get 30-60fps which is playable!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Fix requires a computer with HyperTransport(AMD) or Hyper-Threading(Intel);
And It will NOT work for an older computer with a Front-Side-Bus which is outdated.

System Requirements -> Make sure you Meet or Beat the system requirements for the CryEngine3(which is what MWO is using): http://mwomercs.com/...re-requirments/

Nvidia Users:
1. First Make Sure your Drivers are fully Up to date: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
Here's my Specs for a Comparison:

And My Driver version is: 306.97

2. Then Use the Settings in this Screenshot below to fix the current threading issue.
And Make Sure you Apply it before closing the Control Panel and Running MWO.
Posted Image
AMD Users:
Note: Because AMD has yet to include this option in their Control Panel you have to use 3rd party Software. SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

AMD FX CPU Users Note: As AMD has messed up royally with these CPU's there isn't much to do to get any more performance out of them and this fix appears to not work with them either... This is not just directed to this game it's for all games. If you do a simple search on google and a game you want to play with your FX CPU you will see that for every game you search it has poor performance with these CPU's....

Steps:

1. Download and install this ATi Tray Tools: http://downloads.gur...oad.php?det=733

2. Run it then right-click on the try icon and enable Forced Multi-threading from here: "Tweaks->Advanced Tweaks" Its under the Multi-Thread Support drop-down menu.

3. Leave the min at 0. And Set the Max Accordingly:
  • For Dual Core users Set the Max to 2
  • For Tri-Core users Set the Max to 3
  • For Quad Core users Set the Max to 4
  • For 6 Core users Set the Max to 6
  • For 8 Core users Set the Max to 8

Enjoy and Please Vote above and Post a reply below.

Note: If this Didn't help you then Please Post your Full Specs Below.

@ALL: I have Sent in a Support Ticket about this issue to Inform the Devs of where The Poor performance is coming from. So Hopefully it will be resolved in the next patch. Posted Image

Lol, the link to that ATI Tray tools in your post...the download gives my AVG some opencandy.7af trojan warning.....do I dare? Not really lol.

#455 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 03 July 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

Lol, the link to that ATI Tray tools in your post...the download gives my AVG some opencandy.7af trojan warning.....do I dare? Not really lol.

November 26 2012. Seriously people, pay attention to post dates, and stop reviving dead threads.

#456 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

This is what happens when you use the search functionality. You get the really old threads sometimes.

#457 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 July 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

November 26 2012. Seriously people, pay attention to post dates, and stop reviving dead threads.

We may need to start digging up the necromancer memes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users