*possible* Engine Dhs Problem

v1.0.150

3 replies to this topic

#1 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Okay, so I'm not certain about this, and I'd gladly welcome input from those who are, but how are the heatsinks in the engine determined for DHS?

I am currently under the impression that heatsinks which are physically part of the engine are actually counted differently from those which are not a part of the engine.
If that is the case, then I ask you one question:
What is the policy for heatsinks on engines of size 275+ ?
With those engines, there is space for additional heatsinks, which, if there is a difference, should be treated exactly the same as other heatsinks in the engine. If there is no difference, then my question can be ignored, but this is what I currently believe to be the way in which heat for DHS is calculated:
Part of the engine -- counts as actual 2 heatsinks for DHS
Outside of engine -- counts as 1.4 heatsinks for DHS

With any engine up to 270, that policy encounters 0 issues. With anything that is 275+, because of how there is (unused) space inside the engine, that changes. A 300 engine, for example, is able to fit 12 heatsinks. Players cannot change 10 of those heatsinks, but 2 are just extra slots waiting to be filled. Would those 2 extra potential heatsinks also be counted as full 2x heatsinks, or are they the same as regular (1.4) double heatsinks?

If somebody knows the answer to this, please let me know. I just thought of it while I was adding some heatsinks to my jenner (that thing overheats really fast on caustic, and I seem to get that map a lot =/ )

#2 Vallyn

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I believe they are counted as 1.4 heat sinks - they are not true engine HS.

#3 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Yeah placed heat sinks are at a value of 1.4 even if you place them in the engine slots. Only the engine itself is counted at 2.0.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 26 November 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#4 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Well, then that just sucks.
^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users