Smoke Adders (Theta Galaxy, Clan Star Adder) Rounding Out Reconnaissance Binary

7 replies to this topic

#1 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Smoke Adders are seeking to round out our reconnaissance binary and are in search of 3-5 capable light pilots (including the venerable CDA in that distinction).

You might note we do not normally maintain a recruiting thread here or on Outreach. As we always strive to remain selective and to ensure quality over quantity, recruiting quietly and personally is our way. We open this for a very specific reason and it will be for a limited time.

We seek reconnaissance pilots, not merely pilots good in light mechs. While we have quite a few highly capable light pilots within our Galaxy already, they are not focused on that playstyle, nor is it their preference. They pilot in those roles because those roles are necessary in a team based, competitive match in several of the leagues -- we see this as a natural progression towards the community warfare promised by PGI.

What we seek when we say recon pilots are those that not only are capable pilots but who ENJOY that facet of the game (limited though it may be at this time). Those that revel in the speed, the stealth and the ability to strike from the Smoke of battle and then smartly fade away before becoming overwhelmed by the mass of their enemies. Those who can conversely, engage in the vicious knife fights successfully, common to light-on-light engagements. This is a rarer breed of Mechwarrior and one we find ourselves lacking in the right numbers to satisfy our wartime needs.

We are a mix of casual (some are even just weekenders) and competitive ("core") pilots of all levels of experience, and are competing in the Marik Civil War, with hopes to compete in Proxis once it is back off the ground.

We are a Clan-lore based unit and do have a vetting process. While this may sound cumbersome to some, we feel it ensures we are getting people of the right temperament, play-style and maturity. Additionally, it ensures an applicant can play with us enough to truly see if we are the right fit for them.

The vetting process:
  • An interested party fills out an application at our website (SmokeAdders.com)
  • The applicant is asked to submit screenshots of their weapons stats and mechstats to the Oathmaster....this information is kept private to the leaders and is used to assess a pilot's trends in performance. Nothing more. It is not publicly shared, nor is it used a measuring stick to see who gets invited. Your stats tell a story, that's all.
  • We drop casually, at formal practices, etc for 7-21 days and once people see enough of the applicant they call for a vote.
  • Blooded Mechwarriors vote aff, neg or abstain:barring any issues, the candidate is welcomed as a full member!

Members compete in a Trial of Position. This event determines their initial status within the ranks of the organization.

Failing means you are voted in as a Mechwarrior
Completing it means you are voted in as at least a Blooded Warrior (or above, depending on your skill and results).

Someone who fails their ToP can reattempt it at a later date (typically a one week period between attempts).

Blooded Warriors vote on applicants, can become Blood Officers for the ToPs and can become leaders within the organization. Those are the three key differences between MW and BMW.

For those coming from Clan backgrounds who have completed a ToP or similar process before, your ToP may be waived, pending confirmation. We take you as isorla, and immediately cut your bondcord making you a Blooded member immediately after your vote.

We seek applicants with the following pertinent requirements (we understand if you do not have all of these at a minimum, but hope you will use your best judgement on where you elect to "waive" these):
  • A minimum of 1,000 drops
  • Of those drops 450+ in lights/CDA's
  • Mastery (not merely eliting) of 3 of the following:
  • COM-2D
  • RVN-3L
  • SDR-5D
  • JR7-F/K
  • CDA-3M
  • A significant preference towards piloting lights/CDA's over other models.
  • An ability to fight as a team, understanding the role of the light in tonnage limited league play (whether you have much 12-man experience or not).
We understand many pilots will not have all of these "stats," -- if you feel you fit the bill, apply. We will consider any and all who apply, fairly.

We encourage all who seek a good team-environment that embraces both casual and competitive play, with an outlook geared towards getting better in the competitive scene aggressively, to consider us regardless of weight class.

Thank you and good hunting.

Edited by Lukoi, 03 February 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#2 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

Bump

#3 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Seeing as there are no Smoke Adders in the Invading Clans, you should be posting this in the Merc Corps section.

Please see the information at the following link:

http://mwomercs.com/...17-canon-clans/

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 15 February 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Seeing as there are no Smoke Adders in the Invading Clans, you should be posting this in the Merc Corps section.

Please see the information at the following link:

http://mwomercs.com/...17-canon-clans/

Such a strict Blood Spirit you are Grem... but then, you are a Blood Spirit ;).

I for one welcome our trothkin in the Star Adder Theta Galaxy.

#5 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 15 February 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

Such a strict Blood Spirit you are Grem... but then, you are a Blood Spirit ;).

I for one welcome our trothkin in the Star Adder Theta Galaxy.

Considering how none of my own trothkin are not motivated to continue with MW:O in anything other than a sincerely casual (I'm bored so maybe I'll play a drop or two" basis, I appreciate your willingness to have as many people get interested as possible.

(Star Adders, I am cool with that, as long as they are Star Adders, Theta Galaxy Smoke Adders)

#6 Android5000

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

The Smoke Adders are an offshoot of Clan Star Adder. This is for recruitment purposes we have posts in the outreach forums also. At our site it tells how we are connected with the clan invasion.
Smokeadders.com

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 15 February 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Considering how none of my own trothkin are not motivated to continue with MW:O in anything other than a sincerely casual (I'm bored so maybe I'll play a drop or two" basis, I appreciate your willingness to have as many people get interested as possible.

(Star Adders, I am cool with that, as long as they are Star Adders, Theta Galaxy Smoke Adders)

You are more than welcome to drop with Ghost Bears. We are quite active on our Teamspeak server. If you are interested drop me a line and I will relay our TS3 HPG address.

#8 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Jones,

We are one Galaxy of Clan Star Adder. Not an offshoot clan of any sort. The unit name is Smoke Adders. The unit's connection is clearly stated in the title of the thread.

We posted here as well as Outreach.

We will continue to post our Clan related business as often as we like as a unit of the Star Adders. You have no standing amongst us, so please do not waste your time or pixels attempting to regulate us off of these forums.

If you have a lore problem with our unit background or its connection to a homeworld Clan feel free to PM me.

Edited by Lukoi, 15 February 2014 - 09:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users