Battlestats App for Android/IOs

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Battlestats App for Android/IOs (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Would it be a good idea?

1. Yes (13 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Thought it would be interesting if they added and application for Android/IOs that you could see your stats and whatnot. Sort of like the battlelog application I have on my droid so I can see my stats.

Kind of silly I know, but you know someone somewhere would download it.

Shows things like Accuracy, most used weapons, k/d ratio, w/L ratio.

You could show like graphs or something of what part of a mech the players normally target most, or most used mech, or most used weapons. or highest jump jet, most damage taken, most damage dealt, player effectiveness in match.

just an idea.

feel free to add.

#2 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

I'm against any stats containing a k/d ratio or the means to calculate a k/d ratio. Sends the wrong signals in a team based game. Especially one where people will explicitly doing roles other than killing. I'd rather focus on Score per minute.

#3 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

A K/D ratio would work, if it was attached to 'Mech type - someone could have a horrible K/D ratio when playing a Raven, but be an awesome scout (which I think where TRL's mention about a score per minute would help balance things out), then swap to a Mauler and reach out to pimpslap someone from 1000m, racking up an unbelievably high K/D ratio.

I think something akin to EVE's public API would work great, where you can track just about everything that the public could generally see - kills, deaths, scores, preference for 'Mechs, competency in 'Mechs, weapon type most often used for the kill shot, etc... It would add an entirely new aspect to the meta-game, where people could track other pilots, research their enemy, figure out what their builds tend to lean towards and tweak builds before drops to counter that. By doing that, very few people would ever be able to run the 'Single Ultimate ZOMGWTFBBQ Build of Doom' (I'm looking at YOU, Gausszilla), because people would be able to track those kinds of things and model their builds to fight it. They have 4 Gauss? You roll a brawler build and pray for internal crits. They trend toward laser boating? You swap out for a couple of Flamers and make them have a VERY bad day. They JJ all over the map? You load up with Thunder LRMs and cut 'em off at the ankles.

#4 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Can we get a mech lab on that ap, so I can customise varients on work time allowing for more time piloting them at home.. please ....

#5 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

alhtough it would be very nice, i dont think most phones could handle a mechlab in addition to stats. unless it was overly simplified to the point of having just words and numbers. basically like a spreadsheet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users