Camo Spec Feedback

277 replies to this topic

Poll: Camo Spec costs (410 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you used any MC for Camo Specs, and if you have, how much?

1. No, I haven't used any MC on colors or patterns. (292 votes [71.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.22%

2. I have bought a pattern but no extra colors (7 votes [1.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

3. I have used 125-250 MC on colors. (26 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

4. I have used 250-500 MC on colors. (32 votes [7.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.80%

5. I have used 500-1000 MC on colors and patterns. (27 votes [6.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.59%

6. I have used more than 1000 MC on colors and patterns. (26 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

Do you think colors should be permanent once bought instead of having to pay to for every repaint? If yes, what kind of system would you want?

1. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, and they should be available for every mech I own, free of charge. (112 votes [27.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.32%

2. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, and they should be available for every mech I own, but changing them should cost C-bills. (174 votes [42.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.44%

3. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, but only for the mech I bought them for, and changing them on that mech should be free. (67 votes [16.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.34%

4. Yes, I think colors should be permanent once bought, but only for the mech I bought them for, and changing them on that mech should cost C-bills. (49 votes [11.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.95%

5. No, I think the current system is fine. (8 votes [1.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

How much would you be willing to pay for patterns and colors if they were permanent? (The maximum you would be willing to pay!)

1. 50-125 MC per color, 100-250 MC per pattern. (227 votes [55.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.37%

2. 125-250 MC per color, 500-1000 MC per pattern. (144 votes [35.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.12%

3. 250-500 MC per color, 1000-2000 MC per pattern. (31 votes [7.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

4. 500-1000 MC per color, 2000 or more MC per pattern. (8 votes [1.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostConraire, on 30 November 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

In reality

Mechwarrior != reality
Online Game != reality

Edited by Elder Thorn, 30 November 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#242 Kaulwyn51

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Personally I am not putting out any real money (MCs) for painting my mech. C-bills, sure I would. I would also pay for the paint job to be repainted. I think the camo designs should be yours, once purchased, just like kept in your mech bay (garage). IF I had to or were to pay with MCs for a paint job, then once purchased that paint color is usable for all my mechs, and no charge for repaints. Very simply if PGI wanted my money for this game then they should not have made it F2P, I would have paid to play no problem.

#243 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I voted but didnt like any of the choices for the 2nd and 3rd one.

I personaly dont think anything in the game should be limited to MC only. Instead they should be MC AND CR , but the CR cost should be way high.
MC only stuff limits its use and alienates the players who refuse ot use microtransaction for what ever reason. I personaly dont do microtransactions becouse i think its ruins games... Pay2Win any1 :D

#244 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

MC to unlock colours&patterns permanently is perfectly acceptable, even 500-1000 MC would be great, and then paying cbills to paint mechs, for about 150K per 1/2/3 slot, ok. But MC to paint a mech once? no wai

#245 Arborean

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

This poll is fairly silly. Of course people will prefer more stuff for less money. If we want this game to stay alive, PGI must make money somehow.

My advice to PGI: don't ask the players what they will pay for, use your marketing team (consultants if you have to) to figure out a profitable customization scheme.

#246 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Supply and demand. If people purchase it, then it's set up right. If people don't, then the economy is not set right.

I'll wait to purchase any colors and camo's in the hope that they change the mechanism. I'll spend the MC when it means that I own the color and can put it on all of the mechs I own. I don't mind the cbill cost, but constant MC cost for every mech and every color is insane. I'll stick with the basics till then.

#247 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Voted the obvious. The option that gives me the most for the least. Would be stupid if not.

But I'd also be fine if the system stayed as is. I'd just propbaly change pattern and colors once on each mech then. With a changed system I'd possibly fumble around more.

What bugs me much more, especially if the system is changed to the much smaller prices is that I'm not able to pay just the exact amount of real money that correlates to the needed MC because of the system of buying packets of virtual currency. I'd very much prefer a simple system of paying for stuff directly in real money and only that exact price.

If that was possible I'd buy more often. Especially the heavier mechs because what keeps me from buying them is that I have to buy several packages or a more expensive package that includes more MC and then I have leftover MC. Sure I am not loosing anything, but in that particular moment it feels like paying more in real money than the mech is worth.

If given the option to either buy a car at it's normal price or pay 20% more so the car dealer kindly keeps that money safe for me to invest it on the next car most people will choose to just pay the normal price for the car.

Edited by Jason Parker, 30 November 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#248 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostArborean, on 30 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

This poll is fairly silly. Of course people will prefer more stuff for less money. If we want this game to stay alive, PGI must make money somehow.

The first question in the poll is asking you whether we are giving PGI money. 73 % are currently saying no.

The next two questions basically tell them how they can have more people giving them money.

Silly? I think not.

I will say this: I believe the question on "how much are you willing to pay for a permanent, reusable skin". I bet most people will be willing to pay a bit more than they voted, if they don't have a choice. But I believe the non-permanent skins have little hope for the future. It just doesn't feel like a good deal.

#249 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

way too expensive..

I'm not going to buy this, i'd rather let my 20,000 MC rot on my account forever.

say 150 mc to unlock coloring per mech. once bought you can change patterns and every color as you like. I'd be fine with that and buy it for every mech.

#250 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

I wanted to take a moment and thank you (IGP/Pirahna) for what you've done with the PC Gamer camo in the camo spec section. As you know there was frustration over what we were shown vs what we received. This problem has been rectified by allowing us to use the 3 camo colors in basic format as well as customizing the camo design with the colors as we see fit. We can now make our mechs look as they were originally advertised.

Now if only you could make the PC Gamer skin work on all mechs. Because nothing in the magazine or posts ever said it would be restricted to just the first 8 released mechs.

#251 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostButane9000, on 01 December 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

I wanted to take a moment and thank you (IGP/Pirahna) for what you've done with the PC Gamer camo in the camo spec section. As you know there was frustration over what we were shown vs what we received. This problem has been rectified by allowing us to use the 3 camo colors in basic format as well as customizing the camo design with the colors as we see fit. We can now make our mechs look as they were originally advertised.

Now if only you could make the PC Gamer skin work on all mechs. Because nothing in the magazine or posts ever said it would be restricted to just the first 8 released mechs.

Well at least you can use the PCG colors on all your mech, for free, no MC no C-Bills.

#252 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

i think the colors should be more ... hmmm distinguishible
i mean i was browsing through all colors and for example black and basic blue were allmost the same color
also i would like there to be slightly more c-bills only colors but hey its just been implemented so ill wait and see whats coming

as for the price i think price is fair as it is now
c-bills actually i expected more than this (at least if i compare this to WoT prices this is helluva cheap) so thats great+ for me and cbills look fine

other than this i love this, finally there will be more colored mechs than all green with here and there lo-wang, founder mech PCG mech :P

#253 FroBanger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I accidently purchased a colou then took it off. Only to find I have to use MC to buy that colour again. I'm fine if they made every single colour except the default and PC gamer skin MC purchase as long as then you OWN it and to put it on any mech costs C-Bills 300,000 fine. That way they could always add new colours and new Camos and make money that way

Although if you purchase the Camo it should cost 1 c-bills to put it on a new mech and 300,000 c-bills to put the colours on a new mech.

#254 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

While the whole realism thing is the justification for the current system, it isn't really conducive to impulse buying that makes F2P tick. I mean they got it right with the in cabin items, buy an item for $$$, then you own it. The same thing would work for paint and patterns as you could easily release paint swatches and patterns on a monthly or weekly basis and people would buy the new colors.

Maybe patterns need to cost more MC for the 1 time buy, say 1000-1500. Paint is about right if it was a permanent unlock, like buying a large supply for your paint bay, sure it wouldn't be infinite in reality, but this is a game. Then you make primary and secondary colors plus black and white unlockable with CB. Now you basically offer the Crayola 8 pack for free and have a myriad of color schemes to release for MC. All the house colors, infinite variations of colors plus alterations like metallic, pearlescent, metal flake, matte.

The current model only works if your goal is to not invite the Free players to make impulse buys to become Pay players and instead rely on the heavily invested part of the Pay player base only.

#255 Synra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

I will repeat here what I said a few weeks back.

I don't mind paying Cbills for customization tweaks like changing a color. 300k is a whole lot steeper than I had expected, but that is not the problem I have with this system.

What I absolutely hate about this system is that some of this stuff costs MC to apply, and it is on a per-mech basis. That is rediculous. The only mechs I know for sure that I will be keeping forever are my founders mechs, and I can't even customize them! The other mechs however, the ones that I can customize are purely temporary. What good will it do me to pay 750MC to apply the Phranken texture to one of my cataphracts, when I am planning to sell it to free up space sooner or later? What about the fact that I need three of them to reach the master teir? You expect me to pay 750MC for each one of them?

This is insanity.

I would have no problem paying MC for a texture if it simply unlocked account wide for me, allowing me to apply it to every mech I ever own, for a small Cbill cost. How is that unreasonable?

#256 Dunedainn

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

What's the point of camo schemes if I can't switch to a third person viewpoint and see them?

I mean, heck, when I paint my vehicle in World of Tanks at least I can take pleasure in looking at it while I play.

Edited by Dunedainn, 02 December 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#257 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I wonder how many votes these three polls would have if there were the appropriate option on the third one to say "I would spend 0 MC for a paintjob" instead of the choices given. Also, why are they adding paintjobs when they need to be fixing core gameplay, I.E. Game performance. Why does this even exist yet if the game is still very broken?

#258 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostGunther Nhilathok, on 02 December 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I wonder how many votes these three polls would have if there were the appropriate option on the third one to say "I would spend 0 MC for a paintjob" instead of the choices given. Also, why are they adding paintjobs when they need to be fixing core gameplay, I.E. Game performance. Why does this even exist yet if the game is still very broken?

because they will not make it for free, they need to make money, and F2P games usually do that with a premium / booster modell and vanitiy stuff like vehicle paints, skins and so on.

If you are not interested in buying skins and paints then this poll is not for you anyway.

adding an option like " i don't want to buy your ****" doesn't help the thread at all

#259 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostDunedainn, on 02 December 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

What's the point of camo schemes if I can't switch to a third person viewpoint and see them?

I mean, heck, when I paint my vehicle in World of Tanks at least I can take pleasure in looking at it while I play.

um...that is what the mechlab is for. and on a PURE tactical note, I give you THIS:

Camouflage:
1. The method or result of concealing personnel or equipment from an enemy by making them appear to be part of the natural surroundings.
2. Concealment by disguise or protective coloring.
3. Fabric or a garment dyed in splotches of green, brown, tan, and black so as to make the wearer indistinguishable from the surrounding environment.
v. cam·ou·flaged, cam·ou·flag·ing, cam·ou·flag·es
v.tr.
1. To conceal by the use of disguise or by protective coloring or garments that blend in with the surrounding environment.
2. To conceal, usually through misrepresentation or other artifice: camouflaged their hatred with professions of friendship. See Synonyms at disguise.
v.intr.
To use protective coloring or garments for concealment.

a camouflage that does NONE of this, is a tactical mistake and puts you in greater jeopardy. period.

#260 Jiri Starrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCalafia, Caid (San Diego, CA)

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

MC to unlock for account, CB to paint. It's not like you're taking it to Earl Scheib, the guys doing the painting are your support troops.

But, not going to bother until the issues with the base color are dealt with. If I want a battle worn look with the primer showing through, then let me pick it. If I want a mech that looks like it's been turtle waxed a la the Lyran 1st Royal Guards in the Archon's throne room, then let me pick it. Or something in between.

A note re the earlier camo comment. A Mechwarrior, and his unit, knows where they are deploying. Not going to get into the fact that we should be able to tailor a loadout based on where the drop is, but they should come up with a camo scheme set up that >does< take the map into consideration. Frozen City, it goes with a winter style. Caustic Valley, desert. Forest Colony, um... let me think here.. oh yeah - forest. Etc. Now, if you want to make your winter camo flaming pink, that's you're gig, but it should be doable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users