Frr Camo Spec?

80 replies to this topic

#1 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationA contested planet

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

So now that Camo Spec is being phased in, we should start thinking about how to wear our colors!

I'm most excited for Urban Block (which I'm going to assume is a sort of digital camo). One could create a scheme similar to the 3rd Hussars using Marine Dark Gray, Marine Blue, and Woodland Green. Happens to be my favorite Rasalhague schemes.

2nd and 4th Kavalleri can be reproduced with the basic scheme - 2nd is primary Marine Dark Gray, secondary Marine Blue, and tertiary Basic Red (at least in my eyes) - replace the Marine Blue with Marine Dark Gray for the 4th.

As to the 1st Tyr, we'll have to see about decal options I suppose. I don't have high expectations for a 2nd Freeman or 3rd Drakons but we can always hope.

For those of you clinging to the Ghost Bears, you're pretty much limited to Rho and Sigma Galaxies until more camo options show up.

#2 Booran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Well, do you have some pics for visual reference?

#3 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

And what of the Freemen and Drakøns regiments? Any colour references there, aside from the stuff in FM:CS (which mentions "appropriate camouflage" when entering combat)?

#4 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'll get a few pics later when I get back home. All my references are from Camospecs.

2nd Freemen basically paint their 'Mechs with nighttime forest murals, which is a pretty niche skin.
Posted Image

An alternate arctic scheme looks like this, but without other camo options we are not yet able to replicate it:
Posted Image

Drakons have flame and offset color details that can't be replicated at the moment.
Posted Image

#5 SlimJim8519

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHämeenlinna Finland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

I'd go for winter / mountain colors with somekind camo option would be great, uniform-like color scheme doesn't get my support.

#6 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

3rd Drakons camo spec can now be achieved!

Posted Image

It's not totally perfect but the colors are there!
Posted Image

#7 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I believe the few Rasalhague units that there are are probably going to use a mix of their own unit colors and maybe FRR blue. So far I've been experimenting though and most things look decidedly Lyran.

#8 Papa Pop

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

I experimented with the Freemens arctic scheme and thought i managed to get something quite close to it by using the woodland camo, a greyish/blueish colour, light brown and a light tan colour before the patch. But now after the patch the only tan colour that is somewhat near the one in the picture is way too yellow. The other colour that might work is the camo light grey but its not right either.

So the closest now i think is to go with Camo Light Grey, Camo Tan and Camo Camo Blue

or

Camo Light Gray, Camo Light Brown and Blue Sate

There doesn't seem to be any khaki-like colours that i think would have been perfect to use instead of the grey.

Edit: Went with this scheme for the freemen arctic camo, not perfect but looks good imo.
Posted Image

Edited by Papa Pop, 06 February 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#9 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

We should have a color scheme. I like the idea. blue and black have to be in there somewhere.

#10 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Most of the FFR camo specs that aren't crazy detailed do look like they could be Lyran. So to stand out I used teal as third color on my default painted mechs. Then on my Phracts I used the blue and dark blue and black with woodland spec. Probably not exactly cannon but it gets the point across.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Katniss Everdeen

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDistrict 12

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

So what is FRR Blue? Liek Cyan? Cause I'm not all that familiar with Battletech, kinda new to the whole thing, but really want to support my clan! So a good FRR mech could be like Cyan, grey, and black or forest green?

#12 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

The paintjob on my Hunchies look like they could be a FRR Arctic Camo

The colours are:
Camo Light Grey
Camo Camo Blue
Zircon

#13 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostKatniss Everdeen, on 09 February 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

So what is FRR Blue? Liek Cyan? Cause I'm not all that familiar with Battletech, kinda new to the whole thing, but really want to support my clan! So a good FRR mech could be like Cyan, grey, and black or forest green?

Well, no faction has any one color scheme, though tthey have associated color groupings. Mariks like purple, Liaos are green with envy for the rest of the Inner Sphere, Lyrans prefer white and subdued blues, Davionists are olive drab with some red, white, and blue, Kuritans are red all over. The FRR's colors are dominantly gray and blue with a dash of red.

And as you can see, the classic FRR shield is actually blue with teal:
Posted Image

Traditionally, BattleTech regiments are composed of a similar weight class across the board, which holds true for the FRR. Our light regiments are the Kavalleri, which as you can see in the CamoSpecs link above utilize an intermediate (almost grayish) blue with red trim (and a splash of a more saturated blue). Medium regiments are the Hussars (Gray/teal/blue splinter camo) and the Freement (nightime forest mural, or white/khaki/blue mottled camo), Heavy regiments are the Drakons (white with black, and flame details), and our Assault regiments are the Gunzberg Eagles (no canon scheme listed) and formerly the 1st Tyr, which was actually a regiment of Lyran dissidents - they wear Lyran blue with a Viking helmet. Later, when the Ghost Bears take over, everything is pretty much white, gray, and blue.

I actually like the idea of using blues with red, to represent the crossroads of the Lyran Commonwealth (Steiner/blue) and Draconis Combine (Kurita/red).

#14 Squishh

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Blue/green. Zircon (Standard)
Black. Mordro (Standard)
Tan/Brown. Antimony (Standard)

#15 RavenX11R6

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

hey guys lemme know what you think of this one

on the 4sp
Posted Image

and on the raven
Posted Image

#16 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Anyone try mountain line to make a 2nd freeman.

#17 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Indeed the new camo can be used to make a simplified (no stars or other features) FRR parade scheme.

Really nifty actually.

#18 Jchan1e

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

I didn't know the FRR had any sort of standard paint scheme, so I just went off what I thought looked cool and matched well enough.

I don't have a screenshot, but I have my catapults painted in the Phranken pattern with the colors Cold Water, Camo Black, and Grue.

#19 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Our community made "guideline" for camo, not mandatory.

Main colour: Hellblau / some other bright blue
Secondary colour: Obsidian black / some other dark colour
Tertiary colour: Titanium white / light gray / choose your own

Pattern: free as long as bright blue is dominating, sec and tert colours aree free to trade places if necessary.

We can't make a scheme, slam a fist to table and say "this MUST be in mechs" 'cause free will and cost of colours/patterns/etc. But 60-70% of our comms mechs are now painted that way volunteraly. Naturally there's always dudes who are ice skating uphill, but that is their right to do and we don't nag them 'bout it.

Edited by VXJaeger, 05 March 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#20 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

the FRR Kungsarme never really existed long enough to get a widespread recognized paint scheme. Most places just refer to them using the regular environment camo based on location, and the ones mentioned above for more formal occasions.

So i do not think anyone will be looking down the nose on people taking some liberties for their mechs or units.

Just be sure to use a non-leaded and non-toxic paint when adorning your unit... And if you are in a relationship one that is water solvable is most likley a good idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users