Ask The Devs 1 - Answer!

120 replies to this topic

#61 Jaxwen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks Garth. That's concise!! Would you please also provide a list of the mech chassis tonnages that will be available? 100, 60, 50, 35, AND ??

#62 tony katdander

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationthe internet

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

will mechs be able to ram?lol add like a unicorn horn for ramming

#63 Scorpion198O

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

i would like to know what damage every weapon does, i have looked but cant find those stats, please can anyone help.

#64 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostScorpion198O, on 15 June 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

i would like to know what damage every weapon does, i have looked but cant find those stats, please can anyone help.

http://mwomercs.com/...rt-here-please/

#65 BobO369

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Just my two cents for the debate over Clan vs. IS tech and balance. One thing I remember from the novels is that all Clans would bid for the right to attack in battle. The one that bid the least amount of mechs and resources to win the battle would get the privilege to fight it. This lead to the clan’s fighting against double or triple the amount of IS mechs. So while the Clan tech is OP when compared to IS tech the numbers were on the IS side. So you would not see a 12 vs. 12 Clan/IS battle but you would see something more like 5 vs. 8 Clan/IS given the Clan use a 5 Mech Star (Lance) and the IS use a 4 Mech Lance for unit organization.

If they come up with a way to have the Clan bidding before a fight then the game could be balanced as the Clan side would always be fighting a numerical superior force of IS Mechs. While I think a lot of players will want to field any and all Clan tech they can get if they make said tech available but very hard to get and expensive to replace or repair then said players will have to weigh the decision to use it vs. lose it. If you have played EVE On-line you know the saying “Don’t fly what you can’t afford to replace”. I sure with a little thought a good system could be used to keep the game play balanced and fun for all.

Edited by BobO369, 20 June 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#66 Mandalore82

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOutReach

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

no hatchet cause they said no mele to start with. Sad but true. An ty for the info Mr dev

#67 mrcarlton

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Can we break lore to get Rotary Auto Cannons? Or is this like a slippery slope of once you start you never stop.

But I always loved RAC as they can just punish the other mechs blow all their ammo and remain dead-weight for the rest of the match. Besides, in mw4 they jammed all the time, made lots of noise and shell casings flying outta the side of the gun is just cool.

Well if the machine guns do a similar effect i'll just get 12 of them.

#68 Kolhammer

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

ohh ER PPC, Awesome is going to be Awesome!

#69 Kristakis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

sweet!

#70 Thorn Blackwell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 13 May 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

They can't actually limit it that much when they're apparently going to be allowing people to play as the various Clan factions when they come out.

As far as I know they have never said they were going to let people play Clan factions.

#71 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Forgive my ignorance about the game but can I assume that the reason there is no Streak SRM-6 (or 4's for that matter) is that the technology wasn't available until 3058 A.D.?

#72 icCertainDeath

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 12 May 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Yup. A fraction of players care about the story enough to limit how they use available tech. 95% of players will use the best tech they can get their hands on because "arms race to get max frag" is how most people play. In fact, if NH or UA are options, there would be many who would never play with heat or limited ammo because its not extreme stupid omg enough. Yeah Im cinical.

That's what happened with MW3 online play. Ice maps with UA. Had to make entirely different mechs to play online. Disappointing, but still a fun game for those with cunning mech lab skills.

#73 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postlight487, on 26 June 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Forgive my ignorance about the game but can I assume that the reason there is no Streak SRM-6 (or 4's for that matter) is that the technology wasn't available until 3058 A.D.?

From everything Ive read, weapons are limited by their appearance in the timeline, yes.

#74 Canadian Bacon

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

excited to play this game however i am nervous as my computer is showing some age

#75 FSAC Slider

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDrop ship and OTW

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

sweet

#76 journey

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

maps... how many, city, open free for all.

#77 Jeffski

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNewbury, UK

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Surprised no one has asked this too:

Rocket Lauchers, MRM's, Smoke Launchers and Mine Dispensers. Mines would make an excellent jumpjet-light mech hardpoint

#78 Killian Wargear

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Nice starter list. Thanks, Garth. Sorry I'm a late comer to the site and forums. However have they stated that we will even be able to play as Clan MWs when they come? And if so I am sure that's a year or so out and the devs already have some good ideas tossed around for balance purposes. If this is all addressed in another thread please feel free to redirect me. Thanks.

#79 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

Why no MRM's?

#80 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

http://www.sarna.net...Long_Tom_Cannon available as of 3012 to the IS, DO WANT (why not on list? >.>)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users