1) They make LRMs just as effective, if not more, than every other weapon system in the game. This is so that players with less ability to aim can still be effective
2) They make lasers do damage over time. They clearly want to lessen the ability of someone that can make crack shots and this was their solution.
3) They love lights. Look at the lag shield that they put into the game. The lag shield wasn’t there in early beta. This was something they added to make lights more effective.
4) They love lights even more. They introduce 3 lights before anything else. Then they introduce another medium that is nothing more than a bigger light.
5) They REALLY love lights. They announce a wildly overpowered ECM roll that only goes on all three light variants and their small medium that is nothing more than a bigger light.
6) They also put ECM on one atlas. The MISSLE BOAT atlas, Surprise!!!!
7) They make all larger and long range energy weapons so hot they are unusable in normal combat. We wouldn’t want anyone able to kill a missile boat before it can lock on now would we.
8) They scream “cannon” when it suits them but yet LRMs are nearly double damage with a fraction of the heat from cannon.
9) They make streaks over powered until they realized this was wreaking havoc on their lights. Time to deploy OP ECM!
10) They have added randomized hit boxes. This is when you see the impact hit one section and then the paper doll is damaged in another section. This was added code to “dumb down” the aim of skilled players. (How do I know this? Because while fighting from my own mech I have seen people on my team hit an enemy mech in one spot only to see the paper doll updated for a different hit box. Meaning the information I received from the server in response to what someone on my team did, not lag or it would have shown a miss on my screen, was changed to apply damage to a different area server side.)
11) They announce 3rd person view so that it will be easier for people to drive a mech.
12) Jump jets are a joke. Sure they make you jump a little bit but the control just sucks. Also notice what mechs get Jumpjets. Lights and missile boats. JJ on the cataphract is a joke compared to the catapult. They don’t want you jumping through the air at range sniping.
13) Visibility at range is horrible. The lack of zoom was done so that it was harder for someone to accurately snipe at range. Then they add a module that is supposed to give you more zoom only to make it worthless and not fully combat effective.
Now what they fail to understand is that they are ******* off the majority of people that don’t love this game and they will never return. How many people do you know playing the game right now that are NOT fans of BT or Mechwarrior in general? I know zero. Everyone I know that is playing consistently is a lifelong fan of the franchise and they are all frustrated to no end at the direction the game is going.
They have dumbed down the game in an attempt to make it so that a core group of TT players can play a video game and be just as effective as someone that has been gaming their entire life.
This will ultimately fail because the better players will always use the OP weapon or mech and will win regardless of what you do. The end result will be the same but there will be far fewer people playing because the only ones that will tolerate it are people that have enjoyed the franchise in the past.
The last patch has greatly overpowered LRMs again and now the game has turned into everyone hiding behind cover for fear of getting ripped apart. The games are slow, long, and boring now. Perfect for pop tarting don’t you think? The high heat high alpha builds will be the dominate load out for a campy community warfare with the current balance.
I hear people say that this game will live or die based off of community warfare yet we don’t hear much about it and I’ve yet to hear anything about a planetary style of game play. Does anyone know if they are looking for partners to help develop a planetary style Meta game?
They need to figure out who the best players are and hire them as consultants. Other games have done it and it can only help. I don’t want to see only LRMs flying across the map any more than I want to see nothing but a laser light show. I want to see a game that is a fun, rewarding, and balanced sim. I don’t care about cannon, make it fun. If you make it fun, your player base will take care of itself.
Sure, it’s Beta. Go try a competitor’s game that is in beta and then try to give me that excuse. Someone is making all the wrong decisions and it’s a sad day for MechWarrior fans.
Edited by Chris K, 28 November 2012 - 10:39 AM.