It Is A Sad Day For Mechwarrior Fans

155 replies to this topic

Poll: Who plays this game? (606 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you playing this game, what you consider, a lot?

1. Yes, but only because i'm a fan of the franchise in some way and want to see it a big success. (101 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Yes, because of the game itself. I don't care about the franchise history. (57 votes [9.41%])

Percentage of vote: 9.41%

3. No, I wish it was better so I could play because I love the franchise. (55 votes [9.08%])

Percentage of vote: 9.08%

4. No, I wish the game was more fun and had more content. (41 votes [6.77%])

Percentage of vote: 6.77%

5. Yes, I'm playing cause I love the franchise AND I love the game and the direction it is going. (352 votes [58.09%])

Percentage of vote: 58.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 29 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Seriously? You think "a majority of people are playing the game"? You mean the majority of the people playing the game are actually playing the game? You sir are brilliant!

Well, I am certain your poll picked up on all the people who stopped playing the game and consequently stopped visiting the forums....

Oddly enough people that are passionate or enjoy something like to discus it, you know, like on forums 'n stuff. So obviously your poll is going to point out that the forum community is passionate about the game.

Basically your original post was a train wreck. Not only were your thesis lacking you failed to develop most arguments in logical fashion. On top of that your supporting statements are provably false. This leaves you with no recourse but to dig further into the fallacy bag to try and support your already flawed arguments.

Proof in Point:

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 29 November 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

No it did not. It proves that the vast majority of people playing are fans of the franchise. The game wouldn't have any base without it.

You make a claim that is unsupported. "The game wouldn't have any base without it." While there is a possibility of that being true you give no support to it and just spurt it out there as if it is hard fact. You also fall into the Questionable Cause fallacy in your conclusion as to what you poll proves: basically you are assuming that because lots of people who enjoy the franchise enjoy the game ONLY People who enjoy the franchise enjoy the game. it could be that your sampling simply was over bias with people who do both or that the game caused people to look into the franchise and they became fans.

#142 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Rabble rabble rabble...

Lets so some math and use some common sense shall we?

How many people are playing this game. According PGI, they generated over 5 million from the founder mech sales. That would mean more than 43,000 people bought a founder package. That figure doesn't include all the non founders that both voted and are playing the game. One might say that the 43,000 should be in the minority for a FTP game.

Of the 43,000 that paid money already according to this poll only 534 people voted but the vast majority are old fans of the franchise. Of course only those that give .02 would vote or even read the forums but these numbers speak volumes for what is going on right in front of you yet you refuse to see it.

Were is everyone else?

The poll and the post was about who is playing the game and the direction PGI is taking everything. Read the title maybe?

I will continue to group with the best of the best and we will simply outplay our competition with whatever "balancing tools" PGI comes up with. See you all on the battlefield. I'm sure you will feel special if you kill me. I won't even notice it when I kill you.

Please continue the rabble if you like. I can get you started again.

Rabble rabble rabble.....

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 29 November 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#143 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Poll proved OP wrong hehehee

#144 Sadistic l

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 29 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Rabble rabble rabble...

How many people are playing this game. According PGI, they generated over 5 million from the founder mech sales. That would mean more than 43,000 people bought a founder package. That figure doesn't include all the non founders that both voted and are playing the game. One might say that the 43,000 should be in the minority for a FTP game.

Of the 43,000 that paid money already according to this poll only 534 people voted but the vast majority are old fans of the franchise. Of course only those that give .02 would vote or even read the forums but these numbers speak volumes for what is going on right in front of you yet you refuse to see it.

Were is everyone else?

The poll and the post was about who is playing the game and the direction PGI is taking everything. Read the title maybe?

I will continue to group with the best of the best and we will simply outplay our competition with whatever "balancing tools" PGI comes up with. See you all on the battlefield. I'm sure you will feel special if you kill me. I won't even notice it when I kill you.

I've killed you but I only remember it because you raged and called me a noob. Other than that it was just another easy kill among many.
And don't kid yourself about dropping with the best of the best since i know you don't drop with The Word of Lowtax.

#145 Wun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 28 November 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

3) My poll is clearly showing that the game is dominated by fans of the franchise. Where is everyone else?
You do realize that far less than 10% of the players of any game ever visit the forums? Almost everyone frequenting the forums are going to be fans of the franchise or trolls. Anyone here could have told you that without a poll. The forums never represent the playerbase of any game.

Also the game is still in beta, and many people dont bother playing betas due to all the bugs and frequent changes you have to deal with.

Edited by Wun, 29 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#146 CrayTrashfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKalidasa

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

If your not playing then why are you on the forums? Wasting your time?

#147 JebusGeist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSolaris City International Zone

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 28 November 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Added.

Added as an afterthought and then breaks out into a healthy lead. Not that polls mean much of anything around here.

#148 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Regardless of disagreeing with a lot of the OP's stuff I find myself in the top group. Direction seems to be winding like a snake for the devs, but enough hints of progress remain to keep me interested, for I do want to see this succeed in a big way.

#149 Keyne

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I vote to have Mongoose Trueborn's genetic material removed from the gene pool.

Seriously though, he clearly has no grasp on what's actually going on here. I've never seen such a terrible post or such a terrible line of reasoning in my life.

Edited by Keyne, 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#150 Naeron66

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostRex Budman, on 28 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Why do people use double Gauss? Because it is a strong and effective sniper weapon. Why do people use SSRM2? Because it is an effective way to wear down an enemy mech, not one shot it. However let us look at the status quo; The guass has undergone no major change, the SSRM2 has gone through many, and yet no one complains about boating SRM6? The reason for this is because;

Its only effective because the netcode and lag is bad, once that is fixed lasers will become much more effective against lights.

The SSRM has gone through so many mainly because their "fixes" actually broke things. SSRM should pretty much always hit if fired with a lock ubless something gets in the way but should not always hit CT. Its only in the most recent fix that they have managed to get both of these things working about right. Having fixed the way the weapon working as far as mechanics go they now need to fine tune it in terms of damage tweaks, missile speed etc,

SSRM2 is a close range weapon, and light mechs are designed for recon. Why they allow the recon to fight close quarters is absolutely rediculous.

Because light mechs have always been able to fight at close quarters? The commando had SRM armed variants right from the start when it was in TT.

Once the netcode is fixed light mechs will be more fragile when they fight at close quarters, which is ok.

PGI, you are killing this franchise. Please remember that Mech piloting is a sophisticated method of combat given only to those with the ability to pilot and stay alive in multi-billion dollar mechanical warmachines. This is the premise we have all lived with since day 1.

Really? I remember moving lead figures around and rolling dice. No elitist "its only for skilled pilots" there.

Edited by Naeron66, 29 November 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#151 Voyager I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Sweet lord you are a terrible poster, and if this thread can offer us any insight into how your mind works to form opinions you might just be terrible in general.

#152 ultimech

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I think you are way too biased man. :)

I think if your poll had to look at itself in the mirror IT would say it was biased! ;)

I have been playing this game and other titles for more than four years and I like this. I like any game that you get to blow up people like you in! ;)

Edited by ultimech, 29 November 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#153 nine13reaker

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

To the OP....

Posted Image

#154 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Seems the OP has an agenda with the polling options...

#155 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

oh my god look at that post written by that ugly stupid baby oh no the further i read the more i realize it is actually a full grown man JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING

Edited by Illegal Username, 30 November 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#156 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 29 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Rabble rabble rabble...

Were is everyone else?

A Biased Sample is still a Biased Sample. If I surveyed people attending a strip club about a future city ordnance concerning strip clubs what exactly do you think their replies would show? That they were fans of the strip clubs? That they were having fun? Hmmmm....

In addition you worded your questions in a way to further weight the bias. It is akin to the question, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" with only Yes and No as allowed answers. Either way you have admitted to spousal abuse.

Yes I refuse to see your illogical and poorly thought out conspiracy theories as valid, mostly because they are poorly thought out and illogical. I mean you can't even be consistent on your ramblings. They give lights ECM which helps them against missile boats but missile boats are one of their favored children? REALLY? You don't see the disconnect there?

I am going to recommend a college level course in Critical Thinking. If you pass that then possibly something that teaches Formal Logic but don't push too hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users