[Idea/petition]Saved Custom Camo Paint Style And Decals...yes? Or No¿

55 replies to this topic

Poll: Camo/Decals/pattern Saves (135 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to save your Camo and Decals so you don't have to repay to repaint/re-apply?¿

1. Yes! (131 votes [97.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.04%

2. No.(please explaine why in a post below!) (4 votes [2.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EternalCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

-{ :P Please Post to Help keep this thread Alive by posting! :D}-

So now that We have the Camo Paint, Decals and patterns implemented, instead of paying for always Repainting/re-applying when you change the colors/Decals/patterns...

Who here Thinks there should be a save paint, pattern style and Decals implemented, So we don't always have to manually apply the colors, Decals and patterns; And so we don't have to pay to go back to a Camo color, Decals or pattern that we liked better and or want to change on the fly?¿

This Would be Applied to a Mech by Mech basis, meaning you would have to re-buy the colors, Decals and patterns for every new mech you buy.(Excluding Promo colors/Patterns/Decals) That way PGI would still Generate income.

If you like this Idea Please Vote above in the poll.

And remember to keep this thread polite.

-{ :lol: Please Post to Help keep this thread Alive by posting! :o}-

Edited by EternalCore, 29 November 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#2 TRIUMPH

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPST zone

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I would love that but it is about what makes them money.
If this or patterns will be where the cash is by all means make a bunch of fancy stuff for people to pay for.
The big problem is having hero mechs that can't be stripped of their extra ability, such as the yen low cbill farm and their custom pattern/skin so regular players can grab one and use them for core game play. It wouldn't matter if a yen lo was 30 or 50million cbill.

#3 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Yes i would like to. But then again i doubt i will use actual "camo" - more like warpaint and i will use it only once. and company needs money.
so i suggest something different - use planetside system in which you can buy cheap 1 time use paintjob and more expensive infinite paintjob.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Sorta a silly question. Who would WANT to pay to repaint their Mech multiple times?

#5 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

I would like the color scheme/pattern saved so that you could apply it with out having to go through the manual process.

I would prefer an over all system where people have to pay per application as a cheaper price kind of like they have now, and then allow us to unlock it permanently for a more expensive price as well, that way the casuals and the collectors can be satisfied. I would prefer to pay more to unlock personally.

#6 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostTaryys, on 28 November 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

I would like the color scheme/pattern saved so that you could apply it with out having to go through the manual process.

I would prefer an over all system where people have to pay per application as a cheaper price kind of like they have now, and then allow us to unlock it permanently for a more expensive price as well, that way the casuals and the collectors can be satisfied. I would prefer to pay more to unlock personally.

Yea That Too. I Added it to the 1st Post! :)

#7 Stoindrae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

My suggesion:

Skins:
* MC Payment for Skins be unlocked permanently on a PER MECH basis -- If you have four Catapult A1's and you want the same custom skin on each, you have to buy it four times.
* As long as you keep the mech, you can switch to any purchased skins.
* Some C-Bill Cost to change is acceptable.

Colors:
* Add 4-6 more Basic C-Bill required colors... something that can actually look good together would be nice.
* Raise the MC cost of the rest (up to 1000-1500 for the "high demand" ones).
* MC purchased colors should be permanently unlocked and available for ALL MECHS
* some C-Bill cost to switch is acceptable.

These are my thoughts .. and here's to hoping some considerations can be made... as this "money grab" method is really disappointing.

#8 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Considering how little MC the cosmetic stuff costs I don't care if it's not permanent. This game needs to generate revenue or it'll be shut down sooner or later, and if you don't want to pay twice then stop repainting mechs.

#9 Chief 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 479 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

This whole system is a shameful display, it costs a lot of moneyz to paint your mech in the 1st place (would be ok if the colour you bought was permanentaly bound to your account, it could actually be a bit higher) and even then you can't change back to it after you changed it and figured out you actually liked the previous one better (a few days later for example).

Edited by Chief 117, 28 November 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#10 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

I do like the idea of a saved paint scheme. It's a little greedy in my opinion to charge real money to change each time.

#11 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

What a ridiculous poll. You might as well ask people if they'd like to cure cancer.

Can I have something for less? Uh... let me think...

#12 Ptom

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Absolutely. Someone mentioned "paint buckets" that are saved when they are bought in an earlier thread.

I'd even like to see "special paint sets" that are reusable on any of your mechs.

#13 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Up we Go!

#14 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Some ideas:

1- Option to save "Paint Job", allowing players to create more than one skin per chassis, applying them when they want for a minimal amount of Cbills. Players will not have to spend MC on colors again or Cbill, just the amount to repaint, unless they create another skin with the color.

2- At these MC prices for "paint" they should be added to your color swatch at which point you own it forever. at this point, they are applied to any mech for cbills. MC costs should be lower for a one shot application, and that would include ones that get saved. you don't own it, and would have to either buy it for MC, or pay the one shot price on another chassis, or a different skin.

3- Saved paints from one shot jobs will not be on your "swatch"

4- Black & white should be free.

Edited by Penance, 28 November 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#15 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yes!

PGI please listen and stop charging paint as a 1 time thing. If I pay MC to unlock a paint for a mech variant. I should be able to drop it and then go back to it later.

This might surprise you, but people are going to be less stingy and more willing to give you money if they have the peace of mind of a permanent unlock. What you have now puts too much pressure on the customer to make 1 decision and then stick with it.

#16 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Bumping for votes.

#17 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Bumping again for votes. :D

#18 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

There is no reason not to. It's just logical to be able to save a certain camo/decal.

#19 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I do think a permanent unlock per chassis is a good idea. Permanent unlock for all chassis would be a bit too good to be financially viable, but as things are while people have to pay repeatedly to use, as people can only use one paint scheme at a time, it means predominantly they will only buy one paint scheme per variant - and after that, they would have the financial incentive to not change the paint ever again.

More profit can be gained if people are given the incentive to buy multiple paint types per chassis that they can change as they want, since that would raise the number of paint jobs bought from 1 to a number above 1.

There is that subsection of the population who would pay to repeatedly change paint, but it's a small one if anything. Logically, most people who belong to the paint-changing persuasion would probably buy multiple mechs of the same variant instead, paint them all using the MC, and switch between painted variants, instead of switching between paint.

Any measure that improves user experience while increasing profit (and thus improving the longevity of this game) is a good change to implement, in my book.

But I'm not a developer, so... it is our aggregate voice on this that will be heard. :D

#20 EternalCore

• 2,195 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostHayashi, on 28 November 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I do think a permanent unlock per chassis is a good idea. Permanent unlock for all chassis would be a bit too good to be financially viable, but as things are while people have to pay repeatedly to use, as people can only use one paint scheme at a time, it means predominantly they will only buy one paint scheme per variant - and after that, they would have the financial incentive to not change the paint ever again.

More profit can be gained if people are given the incentive to buy multiple paint types per chassis that they can change as they want, since that would raise the number of paint jobs bought from 1 to a number above 1.

There is that subsection of the population who would pay to repeatedly change paint, but it's a small one if anything. Logically, most people who belong to the paint-changing persuasion would probably buy multiple mechs of the same variant instead, paint them all using the MC, and switch between painted variants, instead of switching between paint.

Any measure that improves user experience while increasing profit (and thus improving the longevity of this game) is a good change to implement, in my book.

But I'm not a developer, so... it is our aggregate voice on this that will be heard. :(

I Completely Agree. Which Also Reminds me We should be able to save mech load-outs too. That way we can Quickly change a load-out on a mech if we made a build that we like better, But the catch would be to have it limited to 2 or 3 saves per chassis! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users