Game Crashing 90% Of The Time...except For...

12 replies to this topic

#1 RIFT

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Came home and played for 2 hours no crashes....ate dinner back to playing crashed to desktop 4 times got in 1 game. Rebooted PC, 10 crashes then quit trying.

Woke up this morning...4 crashes then tried the trial mechs. No crashes for 3 games in a row, (had to goto work then).

I love this game, but I want to play, and I want to play my mechs....this has done havok with my stats (not a huge concern, but still). About 50% of the time there is a CTD if you get killed it counts against you. I had friednds on mumble saying my mech was destroyed and my name came up as killed.

Please let me play this fantastic game....please!

#2 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

S!

Ironically I have had less CTD's after going Windows 8 Pro..yes yes I know the portable crap and all that, but it works :) Keep sending those crash dump files to support and they will pass them on to devs, been doing so for a while now and got nice response from them too. So worth a try.

Edited by F lan Ker, 30 November 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#3 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I have found I crash way more when grouped than solo. Sample of just one night. I played an hour straight solo with no crashes, joined a group and crashed 2x in a row. Dropped group and continued to play solo with no crashes.

#4 RIFT

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

All the crashes I had were in a group and not in a group...the only time I did not crash was in a trial mech.

#5 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAlton, hampshire, uk

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yep loged on tonight and had three crashes allready, plus alot off strange lag,
And thats playing solo

Edited by Superslicks, 30 November 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#6 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

This post is brought to you by a CTD, while i watch my wife (who is in my group) get swarmed by a Jenner army.

Edit: Our team lost. My K2 sitting at our base was stripped and killed.
I made 60k more (after R&R) than my wife who did better than half the winning team ;)

Edited by Wolfways, 30 November 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#7 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostRIFT, on 30 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Came home and played for 2 hours no crashes....ate dinner back to playing crashed to desktop 4 times got in 1 game. Rebooted PC, 10 crashes then quit trying.

Woke up this morning...4 crashes then tried the trial mechs. No crashes for 3 games in a row, (had to goto work then).

I love this game, but I want to play, and I want to play my mechs....this has done havok with my stats (not a huge concern, but still). About 50% of the time there is a CTD if you get killed it counts against you. I had friednds on mumble saying my mech was destroyed and my name came up as killed.

That is an interesting tidbit. I wonder if CTD might be related to a certain loadout or configuration on mechs? Not caused, mind you, but related.

#8 Kommisar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Not that I can tell. Since the last patch, I have been crashing a LOT. Being an engineer and a scientist (yup, I'm a heretical abomination... like a day-walker that gets beat up and picked on a lot more and no super-powers), I started tracking the crashes.

Didn't matter which mech I was in. Didn't matter if it was Trial or Owned. Grouped or Un-grouped. Or any particular map.

I simply crash while loading into a match roughly 1/3rd of the time over about a three hour period.

This did not occur prior to this week's patch. Other than that, I can find no correlation or causality.

#9 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostRIFT, on 30 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Conclusion: CTDs are caused by indigestion.

And yeah, I'm still paranoid that PGI will see an epic string of soon-as-the-game-starts "disconnects" due to me getting CTDs, assume I'm a farmer, and permban me and my sweet, sweet founder's account.

When in reality I'm just obsessive compulsive and damn it, I want to play in a mech NOW! And i WILL, NO MATTER HOW MANY TRIES IT TAKES! DAMN YOU COMPUTER *shakes fist*.

*ahem*....

#10 Hikaru Shizuka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 188 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I would suggest first sending in your crashdump to support@mwomercs.com and also checking out your log files, they may offer some sort of insight into the problem.

#11 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

I've only had one CTD so far. My frame rates are lower than usual though so I've been missing quite a few shots.

#12 RIFT

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostMercules, on 30 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

That is an interesting tidbit. I wonder if CTD might be related to a certain loadout or configuration on mechs? Not caused, mind you, but related.

I thought that as well, but the only thing the mechs have in common is they all have (at least) 2 Med lasers.

#13 Jace11

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Start turning down graphics settings. I had to do so again this patch. Increases the number of games I can play without incident to 5 or 6! Woohoo!

Also, cause this game is SO reliant on server side calcs etc connection speed and stability can have a big impact on crash rate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users