Suicide / Afk Farmers: Fine Or Unacceptable?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Suicide / AFK farmers: fine or unacceptable? (199 member(s) have cast votes)

As the title suggests: Suicide / AFK farming - your view.

1. Fine! Who cares? (15 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

2. Unacceptable - this needs to be stopped (186 votes [92.54%])

Percentage of vote: 92.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostBlane, on 28 November 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

quick question I have been disconnected a couple times myself, but stay on a game all the time when its going ,even if i die. and I have blown myself up accidentally from overheating..What exactly are the AFK and Suicide farmers doing that makes their actions worse.And doesn't all this get reset when Beta ends anyway? Besides them ruining the game for the rest of a team.

There's nothing meaningful that should be reset once beta ends. We're keeping cbills, xp, mechs, etc. So, yes, it's still abusive. The point is that it's deliberate and not accidental. I've run into a few pilots who I could specifically name who will blow themselves up right away every match.

#42 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

well people will do anything to get money or pad stats or what have you... that is why there needs to be in place a system where people are punished for violating the CoC or ToS, whatever it is. I suppose there is a system in place for it by PGI, I can't say that I know what it is

but it's the people that are openly flaunting it... they suicide and then chat hey "i'm action script faigle, look at me!" which is a direct slap in the face to the whole system, if there is one, and if there is apparently it's not working or it is very slow to act because i'm seeing more and more of it.

want to farm? go ahead I guess, but disconnect and go on with it... no one is going to know really... it's the punks that are advertising it that get my goat, maybe so they can come to the forums and see thread like this and feel 'special'...

i have not had a match since the first Nov patch that has not had at least one disconnect or suicider... really (sometimes is a legit disconnect via CTD, black screen, 4FPS, etc.)

#43 Divine Madcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

At this point, I open fire on any known suicider , as I want to make their death as expensive as possible.. What little I lose inTK penalty is worth it...

#44 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

It's a problem which is running rampert.

#45 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostEgomane, on 28 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Just because it looks like they are doing nothing, it doesn't mean that they do nothing.

This should have been resolved right away. Instead of a Hero mech and paint we should have got a solution to suiciders and afkers last patch.

#46 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Totally unacceptable and the fines that they give out need to be much steeper to get rid of the problem.

#47 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

People need to realize afk/suicide farming is a symptom. The actual problem/cause is the upfront 70k for merely participating while contributing NOTHING.

#48 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostDivine Madcat, on 29 November 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

At this point, I open fire on any known suicider , as I want to make their death as expensive as possible.. What little I lose inTK penalty is worth it...

They mostly run trial mechs, so they have no repair bills..

ps: whats quite depressing:

I report those clowns, I even take the time to record them ("When making a report, if possible - please provide a screenshot or video of the transgression in question. It speeds up the process and helps us tremendously! "), yet, I only get the automated reply, and pgi is obviously not even looking at the videos I link in my reports.. so I'm starting to loose faith to be honest.

#49 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Agree completely!

View Postmwhighlander, on 29 November 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

People need to realize afk/suicide farming is a symptom. The actual problem/cause is the upfront 70k for merely participating while contributing NOTHING.

#50 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

View Postfitzmogwai, on 28 November 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

As we all know there's a huge amount of Suicide / AFK farming going on in matches. What's your view on this behaviour?

I wanted to get an idea of what the percentages are between those who either do it themselves or don't care if others do it, and those who are actively opposed to it. How it might be prevented it is another topic.

OK fitzmogwai how do you KNOW they are Suicide / Afk Farmers?

The bugs in this game can cause AFK'rs (CTD' Black Screen, no hud etc) as for suicide players I've run to enemy cap to pull them back to there base so my side could get a 2-1 advantage against the other side because half would run back after me. Also on more the one occasion turned the wrong corner and ran into the whole enemy team ouch.

If people are using trail mech's to suicide farm I do have a problem with that but noobs may just be trying to learn and they will not last long against vet's.

The ONLY asshats I have a problem with are the ALT-F4 players, they will alt-f4 just before being killed so they can artificial pad their Kill / Death Ratio. Granted they're getting nothing for the match but they want to have the high K/D on their STAT's and are the ones screaming the loudest for public STAT's so the can show off their p*n*l* meter.

#51 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

They're fine until PGI gets off their lazy behinds and fixes the economy.

#52 Orkhepaj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

i voted for the minority ^^
power to the enslaved oned \o/

#53 GoldenTongue

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

i'v only been playing for a few days.
but i already noticed several players who look like they use scripts.

the script seem to be moving between 2 points.
1 is the mech selection, the other is the launch button.
and the entire match it keeps going, while everyone who died get to see it.
as the match over the script just start another.

most times the team lose because of that afk scripter.
few times the team win inspite of it, by playing good.
and the afk scripter is rewarded for their work as well.

this has gone too far.
and it will grow and grow until theres a fix for the problem.

#54 Xenosphobatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I was wondering why they were talking about repair bills. Holy necrothread, batman!

#55 AcidCl0ud

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

3 AFkers in the match side we just played , seriously if other games can deal with this this game MUST to survive

#56 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Puppy murder...
Good or bad?

#57 Geadron Kane

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Enough of them just log in and park so the system should be able to punt anyone who has not moved or fired their weapons. At least the scripter has the chance of taking some fire for the team.

#58 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

bttt

#59 Spicy Horse

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBookshop

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I was in a Conquest match once where the other team had 4 AFKs. The active 4 pretty much fed themselves to us because I think they just wanted to get it over and move on to the next mech. I was closest to the last control point (enemy base) and moved in to cap. Being the only one there I decided to kill 3 of the afk mechs and get some componenet destruction off the last one.

I was then TK'd by our Atlas. I was rather confused as to what I did wrong by padding my c-bill rewards. Was I supposed to share?

#60 Suki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostSpicy Horse, on 17 February 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

I was in a Conquest match once where the other team had 4 AFKs. The active 4 pretty much fed themselves to us because I think they just wanted to get it over and move on to the next mech. I was closest to the last control point (enemy base) and moved in to cap. Being the only one there I decided to kill 3 of the afk mechs and get some componenet destruction off the last one.

I was then TK'd by our Atlas. I was rather confused as to what I did wrong by padding my c-bill rewards. Was I supposed to share?

report TK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users