Will it be basically Crysis 2?

#22 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

I know when the game htis Open Beta and Finally offical Launch, we will get to choose from being Lone Wolves, Merc Corp pilots or choose from the various Houses of the InnerSphere. Now, with the impending arrival of the Clans, and the constant debate of will we see NPCs (Non Player Characters for those not in the know) or will the Devs pilot against us as clans or, what seems to be a favorite rumor, will the arrival of Clan forces open up the various Clans as a Player Chooseable Faction, and if so, how would this translate for a player who has spent the time from Open Beta lets say, skilling up his or her favorite mech if he or she chose to join the clans?

#23 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Can you explain how the Catapult's LRMS work in terms of having the bays closed and opened? Do you need to manually hit a key to open them? What determines when they close or open?

Cheers.

#24 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Do we have to be in a clan, or a house, or a merc company to play this?

I ask because I'm not a people person, and I'd rather not play super organized, just come home, and play some stuff.

#25 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Quoting myself from previous threads:

http://penny-arcade....crotransactions One quote: "Let players earn every type of currency in your game, even the ones you pay for."
Which begs the question: Why have different currencies at all?

Are the fights for a mercenary contracts scheduled for a set time? I.e. so that the defending corp can make sure they have members on line at that time to actually defend their planet?
Can mercenaries fight non-contract fights?

the Inner Sphere has thousands of planets but I'm sure MWO won't launch with maps for each of them. So here are a few questions that result:

1. How many different maps will be in the game at launch?
2. At what rate do you plan to release new maps post-launch?
3. Will there be more playable planets than maps?
4. If the answer to 3 is a negative, does that mean each map is tied to a specific location?

[TLDR: How will the command system work?!]

just a little question for clarification about orders given by the commander. are they directed specifically at some unit or units RTS-style? i.e. select units, select order, click on target, hope they follow? or is it going to be more like a general "someone go here, pls" mechanic? i.e. select order, click on target, hope that someone does it?
[...]
[Are we] going to end up with eveyone and no-one trying to command everyone and no-one around, in let's say your typical match with 10 random dudes from the internet?
[...]
1) Is there an in-game interface for issuing commands to teammates? I'm assuming yes.
2) Can everyone use it who has the required modules installed or is it restricted to someone *designated* before the match starts?

#26 Sephyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

1) Is it possible to reset the pilots skill tree after let´s say a couple of weeks/months of playing and mayby spending real money to this account ?

2) What happens if the player does not hawe the nessesary C-bills to repair/reequip his/her mech after game ?

3) Will be there a start-mech for eweryone or just a ammount of C-Bills to buy a mech of the players favour ?

4) Are all weight classes awailable from the first day of playing ?
( This would mean i can specify my pilots skill tree from the first game on ).

5) Are any system requirements awailable untill now ?

Edited by GrayNoton, 10 May 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#27 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Will the visual depiction of a player's mech change to reflect the customized loadout that they have created in the Mech Lab? Or, will visual differences only occur on a Variant basis instead?

For example, if you remove the PPCs from a Catapult CPTL-K2 and place large and medium lasers in the arms instead, will the mech reflect those changes visually? Or, will the only difference be that the K2 looks different from the C1 which has LRM arms?

Edit: Nevermind! Just came across this quote which answers the question

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 May 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Here's your official answer. :( At launch, there will be limited visual changes to the Mechs for many of the stated reasons in this thread. We do have a visual solution in place for the hardpoints, but it's going to be a race to the finish, and it may slip into open beta. Like MWLL we each variant has a custom look.

So, new question:
Can you go in to more detail on mercenaries? Will there be a player cap on Mercenary Units? Will the unit be able to have more than one contract at a time? Will there be any ability to "upgrade" the Merc HQ?

Edited by Dihm, 09 May 2012 - 06:24 AM.

#28 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

Can you give us a better insight on Commander class? :(

#29 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

What will the basic, first to be implemented game mode be for the start of the beta? Is it really going to be a team destruction plus base capture like in World of Tanks? If so, what specific game play elements do you see this introducing, or removing, and why is this desirable?

Edited by warner__, 09 May 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#30 Meth0s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

Will you be able to organize as a teams within a House Faction?

#31 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Will there be different ammo types for the weapons that have them? I.E. will we be able to choose inferno missiles and both the normal and cannister rounds for the LBX?

#32 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

1. will there be ammo refit/repair on maps?

2. will there be friendly fire?

same questions as last time,simple but extremly important facts,like its difference between me playing all weapons or energy only and me playing with team or solo ( so these noobs dont hit me )

#33 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

This is a two part question, will there be a training\sandbox server for a)testing loadouts, b)practicing with units, c) doing War Games with said units. The second part is that in the training part, can we practice all of the different game modes, and perform actions expected of us in said game modes (ala perform a practice combat drop)?

#34 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

Are quadruped mechs planned anytime after release? if yes, how long D:

#35 Rebmac

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

My wife doesn't like FPS games, but she does like playing Real Time Stragety, how viable will she be guideing me, and our team while not having to totally engage in combat, sure there'll be some, but being a command unit, will she be able to watch from the hills, and shoot missles when needed, either through non line of sight, or something along those lines.

#36 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

After reading a multitude of topics I realize that is not yet clear the following themes (for which I'd like to give a clear answer to all future interested ) :

1) will we be able to play in the near future with Periphery Realms or Deep Periphery ???As moderator I noticed some interest in this possible game choice.It would make the game very "varied".

Posted Image

2) many future mechwarriors are interested in using mechs which unfortunately are part of the list "unseen".Will we have some chance to see them in the near future in the game???At least for the most famous as the Rifleman, Warhammer, Marauder,Longbow, Archer and many other http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen .

Thank you for your attention.Bye!!

#37 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

we were first promised two questions but then only one was answered and theres SO MANY people asking GOOD question,I want more answers,if someone actualy tried to answer all good questions here it wouldnt take more than hour at max

#38 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

We already know that Merc Corps can capture planets and gain benefits for having them under control.

But how does a group go about defending those planets if they're attacked?

#39 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Can we get more information on the Ready Room? Will faction players be able to make preform groups? Or will that be limited to merc corps only?

#40 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

I am curious to know more about Bryan's Flamer mech concoction. Burn baby Burn the flames are getting higher! Lu Wang drop soap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users