Suicide Bots Are Seriously Starting To Get Out Of Control

40 replies to this topic

#1 yeshim

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

played 5 quick matches yesterday and 3 today, in four of those eight matches I had our friendly alien ***-kicker or ship-to-ground connector instantly suicide and disconnect.

after the second time in 3 games on the second day I just logged off in disgust.

That is a 50% rate of matches being instantly destroyed over the course of two days.

I'm just losing the drive to want play this game when I know there is a very good chance that any match I get into will be lopsided because of botting douches, I hope something gets done about this soon.

The best and easiest way to go about it that I can see is to completely remove the big lump sum you get for just participating in a match and instead increase the money generation on actually contributing with damage, spotting etc.

#2 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

kill them all

#3 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Just give the participation money and xp when someone have done something that gives xp.

Or delete all accounts reported for suicide farming, you have the data to prove it.

Or make it automatic:
Overheat explosion + doing 0 damage to enemy = -500xp and 500.000 cbill penalty for sabotage.
Go out of bounds and doing 0 damage to enemy the same.

And give cbill only to trialmechs that are in the whole time, disconnect after death before the match ends = 0 cbills.
They should learn to use mechs, the best way is to look on others.

#4 Jello2142

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

2 things

1)You are always going to have people using shady means in which to gain the most *insert game resource here*

2)That is what PGI gets for making it redicuous to run certain mech configurations without going broke. Imagine if you had one specific wonky build that you loved but on a good match you only made 12k Cbills and a loss you did just that lost money. Naturally you will grind your way some other way to gain money.

#5 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostJello2142, on 29 November 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

2)That is what PGI gets for making it redicuous to run certain mech configurations without going broke. Imagine if you had one specific wonky build that you loved but on a good match you only made 12k Cbills and a loss you did just that lost money. Naturally you will grind your way some other way to gain money.

Its a lame excuse for me!
If you want the best of the best, you have to pay for it, its a form of balance.

Later you can use this mech on matches that count.

Now you can downgrade some systems to come even in your cbills:
Artemis? Out, cuts ammocost to half.
Streak? Out, srm cost half
DH? Out, single cost less then halt to repair
FF? Out, standart cost less then half to repair
And soon you will make money on your loses to.

Edited by Galenit, 29 November 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#6 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

i think if you dont do at least 50 damage, you get zero money and zero experience. if you die before doing 50 damage, what exactly were you contributing or learning anyway?

i'd like to raise this to 200 so that some people would learn how to play the game properly but 50 is enough to weed out the bots.

#7 Taryys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Report them @ Support@MWOMercs.com and let the mods handle it:
Stop Hazing and Start Raising...

Please sign here for fixes:

How To Reduce The Grind And Create A Great New User Experience

#8 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostGalenit, on 29 November 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Overheat explosion + doing 0 damage to enemy = -500xp and 500.000 cbill penalty for sabotage.
Go out of bounds and doing 0 damage to enemy the same.

I like these. The other have downsides, but I like these a LOT.

#9 Vapor Trail

• 1,287 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

i think if you dont do at least 50 damage, you get zero money and zero experience. if you die before doing 50 damage, what exactly were you contributing or learning anyway?

Spotting for LRM fire? Scouting? Being slow and unlucky, with your teammates killing everything before you even get a peek?
You don't do damage simply by being there and trying. I've had games where I had sub-50 damage and still contributed enough to earn a respectable payday at the end of the match (spotting bonuses add up quick) and even had games where I was on the wrong end of the action and couldn't get in the fight quickly enough once the last few mechs were spotted.. .

While I agree something needs to be done about suiciders (and suicide scouts as well, but that's a separate issue) doing it based on damage alone is probably not a good way.

#10 Hekalite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

I agree with the OP. I played a bunch of matches last night and the suicide bots were very common. The fact that so many people have seen a few infamous characters do this over a prolonged period of time has started to show (right or wrong) that there are currently no consequences for doing this. PGI must take a more active role to combat this trend, be that handing out bans or addressing the game mechanics which lead to this type of behavior.

#11 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

These guys get reported since weeks and nothing ever happens. PGI is not willing to enforce their anti cheating/exploit policy. And thats what bothers me the most. Most of these guys are around for weeks now, laughing their ***** off, while we have to play with incomplete teams because of them.

View PostTaryys, on 29 November 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Report them @ Support@MWOMercs.com and let the mods handle it:
Stop Hazing and Start Raising...

Please sign here for fixes:

#12 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

^they finally started to ban yesterday.

anyway:

1: it wouldn't matter. A lot of them aren't actually trying to earn cbills, ultimately those accounts are disposable.

2: if they were, then they could just manual rush grind. just take streakcats or otherwise fast meches with SSRMs, run towards enemy, fire 2 alphas, die, rinse and repeat for maximum cbills.

3: they'll just change the script to stop over heating themselves.

Edited by Ghogiel, 29 November 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#13 Jello2142

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostGalenit, on 29 November 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Its a lame excuse for me!
If you want the best of the best, you have to pay for it, its a form of balance.

Later you can use this mech on matches that count.

Now you can downgrade some systems to come even in your cbills:
Artemis? Out, cuts ammocost to half.
Streak? Out, srm cost half
DH? Out, single cost less then halt to repair
FF? Out, standart cost less then half to repair
And soon you will make money on your loses to.

Wait what? OK so we are no longer playing a game for fun but now an hardcore lesson in money managment and blood sport?

I could see your point if any of that crap made a mech OP but it doesn't! Artemis does not make a LRM boat get 8 kills, and if it does then find a ledge to get behind when the giant INCOMING MISSILES sign pops up. DHS/ES/FF does nothing to make a mech any more powerful than my stock jenner. I can and you can take them down just the same.

What if I don't have 8 friends to drop with? I can never run a fancy mech?

If PGI comes out and says "you know what guys we are indeed P2W and we want to cater to e-sports crowd. Therefore if you want to make money you are going to have to pay for premium or grind for ages" then I would say OK and never post again but until then crap like this is going to always be an issue

#14 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostSprouticus, on 29 November 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

I like these. The other have downsides, but I like these a LOT.

what if they're just afk.

#15 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Keep reporting them or you are enabling them to continue.
Eventually something will be done, but nothing is assured to be done if we do not report them.
The more people report them the more likely something is going to happen.

View Postngl, on 29 November 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

These guys get reported since weeks and nothing ever happens. PGI is not willing to enforce their anti cheating/exploit policy. And thats what bothers me the most. Most of these guys are around for weeks now, laughing their ***** off, while we have to play with incomplete teams because of them.

#16 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

PGI has to make trial payout 90% performance-based.
Trial mechs have no repair bill, so using (and abusing) them is a no risk game. There's no way going minus.

Payout for owned mechs should have a flat 'participation' reward covering the average repair bill of that mech class/weight, modified by the conditon the mech entered the battle with (zombie penalty).
Rest should be performance based.
If you win in your own mech, you should make considerably more credits than with a trial mech.
If you lose, average repairs should be covered, but there should also be the risk of going slightly minus, if you performed very badly.

So if those bots or AFK'ers try to farm credits, they either gain next to nothing in a trial mech, or they have to bring their own mech, with all the neat little implications.. like punishment by teammates or enemies.

Of course that means all crash and freeze issues have to be ironed out, first.

That is a very bad idea. Ever thought about scouts? Or a sneaky medium capping the enemy base in the right moment? A newbie receiving a headshot or simply being smashed before he could fire his 2 PPCs for the third time?

Edited by John Norad, 29 November 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#17 BFalcon

• 1,120 posts
  • LocationEgremont, Cumbria, UK

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Finding more crashes lately too... I crashed out mid-game twice in the past week :D

That's not including two matches without a HUD... fun in a streak-protected LRM CAT-A1... not!

To their credit, though, when I crashed, apparently my mech was left alive and happily orbiting the building I'd be fighting around - obviously the guys I'd been fighting ignored me when they realised I'd crashed out... (thanks btw guys...).

Before reporting, make sure they're truly afk and/or suiciding and not just new or crashed out (I can see a mech apparently suiciding, having crashed to desktop while moving to the ridge on Frozen City, for example).

#18 Sevaradan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostJello2142, on 29 November 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

seriously? LOL....

#19 Taryys

• 2,685 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

rewards need to be completely performance based and no win/loss bonus to prevent AFK/Suiciders/etc...

I propose as much and more here:

#20 Swiss Beats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

i'd like to raise this to 200 so that some people would learn how to play the game properly but 50 is enough to weed out the bots.

Uh no.. I was out running spotter for our lance not targeting but trying to get around for a backside cap once the opfor was far enough out not to engage me. I was able to relay which direction they were heading but no spotting. Once they realized what I was doing they sent off a couple of mediums to counter and when I ran up on their base I was greeted by a streak cat who blew my face off and I died with no official spots and no contribution other than my delay tactics and breaking up their group. End of match zero damage so if we go by your suggestion I get nothing. I am not a bot, I am doing something of value so your method is flawed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users