#21 Kaboodle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostScytale, on 28 November 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Not with a ridiculously low-armour phract against lag-shielded jenners you won't

Even with lag shield, if all it takes is 1 hit to blow them sky high, It's all about positioning yourself so they're stuck running directly at you, so the lag shield doesn't help :D....Also we can always hope the netcode gets fixed.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

#22 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Stupid decision.

Smart business decision. Great way to keep other Mechs viable. Kind of how special AC munitions keep standard and light AC's viable in TT.

#23 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I prefer that the JR7-D was taken off the ECM list and I pilot it almost exclusively. Also, the game hasn't become LRMboatonline again. Or at least not the in dozen or so matches I played today. There were a few mechs that had LRMs, but nothing to turn the tide. Was really a Phactfest to be honest.

#24 Scytale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostKaboodle, on 28 November 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Even with lag shield, if all it takes is 1 hit to blow them sky high, It's all about positioning yourself so they're stuck running directly at you, so the lag shield doesn't help :D....Also we can always hope the netcode gets fixed.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I'd love to see you try this~ I could believe you against one Jenner, but not more than that~

#25 Doomie77

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationModesto, Ca

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

You guys are ******** about a bump from 1.7 to 1.8? Oh my god....

#26 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

The bump has made it from "I'm not getting crap for kills and lots of c bills expended" to "I actually got a kill or two for all the c bills I expended"

Edited by HammerMaster, 28 November 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#27 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 28 November 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Bro...they wont be rare soon...there are players who are sitting on 100 mil just ready to buy the ECM variants....repeat, they will not be rare anymore.

I will buy them too but that won't change the loadout wise these are not great mechs. The AS7-D-DC Atlas is one of the best Atlas's but the others tend to be inferior in combat potential to other builds. Now you'll have to make the choice of weaker combat capabilities w/ ECM or stronger fire power but no ECM. I suspect most PUG players will choose the later since ECM w/o competent team mates isn't a huge help.

Edited by TruePoindexter, 28 November 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#28 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostVactus, on 28 November 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

I prefer that the JR7-D was taken off the ECM list and I pilot it almost exclusively. Also, the game hasn't become LRMboatonline again. Or at least not the in dozen or so matches I played today. There were a few mechs that had LRMs, but nothing to turn the tide. Was really a Phactfest to be honest.

It was taken off the list.

#29 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostVactus, on 28 November 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Over the weekend I was encountering LRMboat Catapults or Atlas RS. This was even before this week's patch was out. While we did happen to win nearly all of those matches against said LRMboats by luckily having cover on River City, using my XL 385 Awesome 9M to single a out loner LRM-only boat out with speed/firepower, or we just killed everyone else first and left them defenseless within 180m, this isn't always the case. I can only imagine the poor trial mech users. The same was happening on our team. We'd get Catapult/Atlas pairs that would go off together and just spam LRMs at anything that was targeted. Not that it was terribly effective but I felt that we were carrying the LRMboats that were trying to carry us.

This led me to believe that people with custom LRM mechs were trying to carry their trial teammates to a victory.

Now we have another change with the emergence of free player teams over Founders. The personality/mentality of players in the matches has changed. It is strangely much more defensive or the usual greehorns.

I notice the scoreboard at the end of the matches too, if there are Founder's or not. It's leaning more toward free players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users