27 replies to this topic

#1 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Not to give farmers any breathing room, but I do occasionally overheat and proceed to explode.

Always in the thick of it.. never just standing on a hill. My point is, there are legitimate times when a mech overheats and explodes in combat.

If I were PGI I would be looking at accounts that consecutively overheat within say 1 minute of a match start.. over and over again.

Again, that and put a random capthcha "safety" over the launch button and you could stop at least the Macro miners and catch the overheaters as well.

You know ,now that I think of it, If I had to be punished occasionally to get heat farmers out of the game, go for it I can suffer.

#2 Sinnersaix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Why do you want to explode by overheat?

#3 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostSinnersaix, on 28 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Why do you want to explode by overheat?

Some unnamed individuals are using the mechanic to farm C-bills.. I am a victim of the mechanic because I'm a trigger happy fool.

#4 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostVexgrave Lars, on 28 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Some unnamed individuals are using the mechanic to farm C-bills.. I am a victim of the mechanic because I'm a trigger happy fool.

Well don't hit O. No offense but the fact that you even need to use override shutdown is not very um, reassuring but I guess you are right people mash the button and take a gamble. It's fine.

#5 Kotsuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

At first I thought it was a myth...then I exploded last night =(

#6 Child3k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

... and those same individuals are still around. Even after the first incidents became public over 4-5 (or even earlier) days ago and they are still active and killing the game for every player out there.

I just had two games with one infamous ones - the first thread in this forum naming him was started on November 24th ...

Edited by Child3k, 28 November 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#7 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

This is why it can be difficult to sopt a farmer. It is possible to overheat and blow up, it is possible to crash to desktop and have your mech run out of bounds, it is possible to blackscreen on starting the match and never move. Or to crash once you start moving and run in a straight line to the enemy.

But it still makes me suspicious. So I report the people that I think may be farming. If they are not, then the devs/mods will see that they are "real" players when they investigate and nothing will happen to them. But if they are a farmer then I hope they get banned.

#8 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hint: If it happens within the first 30 seconds of the match, its intentional...

#9 Sevaradan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostKotsuno, on 28 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I exploded last night =(

my Wang exploded last night...

#10 Kotsuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostSevaradan, on 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

my Wang exploded last night...

bahahahahah!

Edited by Kotsuno, 28 November 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#11 BlightFang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I use to overheat and explode all the time, especially on caustic... Did you know you can explode even by not firing and just using jump jets??? Well anyways.. it becomes a lot easier to not kill yourself by using dual heat sinks(on a light mech that is). Even then I occasionally died because sometimes you just can't stop that trigger happy finger... Well. I now just stop pressing the "o" key even when I overheat directly standing directly in front of an enemy atlas.

#12 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

lol @ the whole "it might be legit and not a farmer"

yeah because farmers wait til 5 min in to do it or people accidentally do it in the first 10 seconds all the time? there's nothing tricky about it

Edited by Jason1138, 28 November 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#13 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

It has happened to me, but it is such and infrequent occurance that lost c-bills are inconcequential. If you die to overheating so often that it affects your bottom line, then you are the reason for the anti-suicide mechanics.

#14 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

The people who suicide and then immediately disconnect are the farmers.

#15 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I am always pushing my mech to its limit and blow up a lot. If they can't control farmers somehow it is wrong to punish players who just push their mech to its limit in combat. If you can't find a way to stop the farmers then just end overheat explosion and go with permanent shutdown. That will force them to hang around long enough to get killed by enemy.

#16 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Not that I agree with the farming

BUT

Is this not a Beta? Are we not here to break the game?

#17 Eclipse186

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hint: If it happens within the first 30 seconds of the match, its intentional...

You are soooo delightfully wrong. There are numerous times when I've had the CTD during team load, or some sort of bug that makes me exit the match right away. Then guess what? My mech is just sitting there while everyone is singing my curses because they think I'm trying to AFK farm.

It is the splodey-suiciders who are intentionally doing it.

#18 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 28 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Not that I agree with the farming

BUT

Is this not a Beta? Are we not here to break the game?

that's a good point. PGI could stop the farming in a heartbeat by removing the money just for showing up, and increasing the money you get for doing things, but they refuse to. so its on them that we have game after game of 8 on 6's, and when people ragequit over it PGI will have no one to blame

between the no-HUD over heat bug, the matchmaker bug that makes constant 8 vs 7's, the constant DC's and the constant suicide farming, my first thought (being serious here) when i enter EVERY match is "i wonder if i'll be on the short team or the full team?" because more games than not one team is short a player or two. its not even noteworthy really if one team is short 3 players, esp on the weekend

getting old real fast

#19 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostEclipse186, on 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

You are soooo delightfully wrong. There are numerous times when I've had the CTD during team load, or some sort of bug that makes me exit the match right away. Then guess what? My mech is just sitting there while everyone is singing my curses because they think I'm trying to AFK farm.

It is the splodey-suiciders who are intentionally doing it.

Uhh I was referencing those players that shoot their guns, overheat and die without moving in the first thirty seconds. That's quite the feat to do if you're not doing it intentionally within the first 30 seconds.

So, you sir are delightfully wrong.

#20 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostJason1138, on 28 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

that's a good point. PGI could stop the farming in a heartbeat by removing the money just for showing up, and increasing the money you get for doing things, but they refuse to. so its on them that we have game after game of 8 on 6's, and when people ragequit over it PGI will have no one to blame

between the no-HUD over heat bug, the matchmaker bug that makes constant 8 vs 7's, the constant DC's and the constant suicide farming, my first thought (being serious here) when i enter EVERY match is "i wonder if i'll be on the short team or the full team?" because more games than not one team is short a player or two. its not even noteworthy really if one team is short 3 players, esp on the weekend

getting old real fast

Hence why I log in once or twice a week to see whats changed, spend an hour or so on the forums and see if anything is changing for the better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users