#161 OfTheDark

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOh...you know...

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

The Mad Cat (in its first five configurations) was among the original 16 Clan OmniMechs encountered in the first wave of the Clan Invasion.
Thus, it is likely that it will appear with the initial appearance of the Clans.

The Mad Cat Mk.II is a non-OmniTech Clan BattleMech where the original model makes its debut in 3066, the second variant comes into existence in 3069, and the third variant comes into existence in 3082.
Given the original model's late introduction date and the much later introduction date of its third variant (as three variants are needed for a 'Mech to work in MWO's XP system), it seems highly unlikely the Mad Cat Mk.II will be in MWO anytime soon... if ever.

Heh heh...I swear I should just stop telling jokes... :(

But hey...I can hope...

Spoiler

#162 verybad

• Elite Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3637 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Mad Cat MKII after it gets 25 tons of Hardened armor in the Jihad era is a super Zombie, the thing is utterly nasty, can take about half against as much damage as an Atlas.

For the first 4 Clan mechs, I'm expeting:
MadCat (Most iconic of all clan mechs)
Nova (Good match overall for Swayback laser Hunchie)
Gladiator (Less ridiculous firepower than the Daishi, will be an initial test for clan assaults)
Puma (Not too fast for a clan Light, this is good)

I know people want the Daishi, I'm sure it will show up, I just don't think it will be in the first batch (Almost certain they'll introduce a group of 4 like initial IS mechs, and they may have a clan buy in system similiar to founder where you can get a bunch for a lot of moola)

Edited by verybad, 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#163 MilitantMonk

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 371 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Always something strange going on in the Perphery. My money's on Comstar. They're always up to no good. I'm not conspiracy nut but just look at the New Vandenburg White Wings and the Jolly Rogers. They both smack of the same kind of weird and are on opposite ends of the 'Sphere. Only those damn robes have that kinda reach...

#164 Zloj Mangoost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postverybad, on 31 December 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Mad Cat MKII after it gets 25 tons of Hardened armor in the Jihad era is a super Zombie, the thing is utterly nasty, can take about half against as much damage as an Atlas.

For the first 4 Clan mechs, I'm expeting:
MadCat (Most iconic of all clan mechs)
Nova (Good match overall for Swayback laser Hunchie)
Gladiator (Less ridiculous firepower than the Daishi, will be an initial test for clan assaults)
Puma (Not too fast for a clan Light, this is good)

I know people want the Daishi, I'm sure it will show up, I just don't think it will be in the first batch (Almost certain they'll introduce a group of 4 like initial IS mechs, and they may have a clan buy in system similiar to founder where you can get a bunch for a lot of moola)

Will take Nova any day
tbh - I'd expect more Summoner/MadDog/Warhawk - as they're more common in clan toumans

#165 voodoolou kerensky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationEwe Heiffer Inn Bar and Grill/HQ

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Having to wait till '52 to get my Dual LBX 50 ER Med Ebon Jaguar (that I lifted from the Factory #13 thanks much) really sucks but I think I can handle a Kitfox/Uller. Just hope I can strip it to the bones and put a long tom on it and have a ammo carrier following me for reloads.

#166 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1474 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hating that I have to wait until 3053 for my Bushwacker. Glad the Cauldron Born will be available before that however. :D

#167 Strum Wealh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3475 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 31 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Hating that I have to wait until 3053 for my Bushwacker. Glad the Cauldron Born will be available before that however. :D

"Named after the zombies of Irish myth, Inner Sphere warriors that first encountered it during the Battle of Luthien called this 'Mech the Cauldron-Born. Ironically, the Clan Smoke Jaguar 'Mech that was intended to replace the Loki was not referred to by its Clan designation, Ebon Jaguar, by other Clans as it was still so new that many Clans just called it by its Inner Sphere designation."

While the chassis (the prime configuration, and configurations A, B, and C) might have existed in 3049, it (like the much-older Shadow Cat) was not seen by the IS until the (first) Battle of Luthien in early 3052 - and, evidently, the Cauldron-Born hadn't been seen my (m)any other Clanners outside of the Jags before that point. :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't expect the Clan factions to launch with access to much beyond the original 16 Invasion-era Clan OmniMechs (as listed in TRO 3050) and maybe a handful of non-OmniTech "second-line" Clan BattleMechs to fill the role of "trial 'Mechs"... :huh:

Edited by Strum Wealh, 02 January 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#168 Xenok

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Mountian Time Zone

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

What I want to know is do we get some PvE as the clans invade or is it just going to be the same old PvP we have been playing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users