Gents....periphery

155 replies to this topic

#121 Hell Wolf

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Sounds like business is about to really pick up for me and my fellow mercs.

#122 Aiolos

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostAshram, on 02 December 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

And it never will be, nor the Pheonix Hawk, Wasp, Stinger, etc. copyright infringement and all. No Robotech/Macross mechs will be seen in the future.

Well... not completely true...

"the Capellans designed the Cataphract from spare parts they could still manufacture. Using components from the Marauder, Shadow Hawk and Phoenix Hawk, they were able to field prototypes which were functional, if not aesthetically pleasing, and more importantly reproducible. Dubbed a FrankenMech for its appearance"

source

Just take a look at the arms. I see one Marauder and one Shadow Hawk.

#123 R O C K E T

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • Locationsomeplace with a CLOSED Wallet

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Gents....? :lol:

#124 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostMorgana, on 01 December 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

But the Outbound Light is still missing with it's crew and it's survey team. We've not received any transmissions. I fear for the safety of its' boarders and the two dropships it carried. Whatever could have happened to them?

Pfft. They probably misjumped and are all dead, stuck in bits and pieces of ship hulls in the black somewhere. Much more likely than some 'alien invasion'!

#125 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Men, Women, it is not some disturbance,

IT IS THE COMING OF ATLAI!

#126 shaddurak

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationRaiding the periphery with Clan Wolf

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hello freebirth scum. I am here on a sightseeing tour can you please show me the locations of military bases and government buildings i will reward you with a sum of C-bills to thank you for your time.

#127 Memowolf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Me and my lance are not worried by all these Periphery news. Most likely Kurita tricks to get us to mobilize our current forces. But we will be ready for them. Die you worthless Kurita scum!!

#128 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostMemowolf, on 07 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Me and my lance are not worried by all these Periphery news. Most likely Kurita tricks to get us to mobilize our current forces. But we will be ready for them. Die you worthless Kurita scum!!

You, sir, have the wrong target. Do you really think that the Draconis would bother riling up the Periphery on their own accord, JUST TO GET AT US? No. I blame the Cappellans. Those fools probably sold some Periphery states Ravens without warning them of the bad luck attached to the Raven, especially the ones without ECM.

#129 wargonglok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationIowa, training my urbie combat skills in the sacred temple of the urbies

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

he says periphial (sp)

i think he is talking aobut more merchandise!!!!!!

i want a plush atlas

#130 boah

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Bring it on!!!! I just have one thing to say other than Mad-Cat... THOR!!!!!! ;-) Always my fav...

#131 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Just to keep you updated - I have my contract now. Already on my way to the ship. Half a year of eventless, well paid border jobs. On a world with nice, sandy beaches and - not to forget - equally nice girls.

Said it: You should be fast. Now it's too late.

#132 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

im scared

#133 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostCody Machado, on 21 December 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

im scared

I'm not unless they do serious tweaks to the heat values of weapons and heat sinks pretty much all the clan mechs will be overheat machines in their base configurations.

#134 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm hoping for a CGI trailer to announce the Clans... >_>

#135 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 21 December 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

I'm not unless they do serious tweaks to the heat values of weapons and heat sinks pretty much all the clan mechs will be overheat machines in their base configurations.

well that and also the fact that they all use xl engines take out any part of the mechs torso and its a dead mech.
and also theirs there way of fighting that is well, stupid.
but hell what do i know I'm just some lyran merc with the wolf dragoons.

#136 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostCody Machado, on 22 December 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

well that and also the fact that they all use xl engines take out any part of the mechs torso and its a dead mech.
and also theirs there way of fighting that is well, stupid.
but hell what do i know I'm just some lyran merc with the wolf dragoons.

Not so. Clan XL engines take up less real estate than IS do. It takes 3 engine crits to kill a mech. Clan XLs only take up 2 crits in each side torso. You sure you're with the Dragoons? :)

#137 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostKaijin, on 22 December 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Not so. Clan XL engines take up less real estate than IS do. It takes 3 engine crits to kill a mech. Clan XLs only take up 2 crits in each side torso. You sure you're with the Dragoons? :)

(oops my bad. your right. haven't been able to play the original game in years. guess i forgot some things)
yeah I'm wolf dragoon. I'm just freelance so they don't really keep me that well informed. i just heard they use xl's. some facts where left out i guess

Edited by Cody Machado, 22 December 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#138 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 08 December 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

You, sir, have the wrong target. Do you really think that the Draconis would bother riling up the Periphery on their own accord, JUST TO GET AT US? No. I blame the Cappellans. Those fools probably sold some Periphery states Ravens without warning them of the bad luck attached to the Raven, especially the ones without ECM.

Erm...thats the wrong side of the moon...galaxy I mean.

#139 Memowolf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Capellans? You might be correct. Anyways we will not be caught unawares. Heard some rumors of our bright Davion scientist coming up with some new weapons and equipment that will give us an edge on the battlefield.

#140 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostThontor, on 29 November 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

That's not for another 4 months...

http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_Invasion

"The Clan Invasion (known to the Clans as Operation Revival) refers to the massive Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere, commencing with the arrival of Clans Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost Bear, and Smoke Jaguar in the near, coreward Periphery (The Rift and The Draconian Drift) in August, 3049." The clans showed up right when that first post in august happened. The Clan invasion may not hit the IS, but since August, they have started the trek through the periphery towards their intended invasion corridors. These periphery posts have all been a setup for the invasion, it is rather interesting to read things as they may have happened in this universe, though many ignorant fools would have sounded like this editorial because of the animosity towards the periphery would never let a civilized spheroid admit something better then them could exist, and that it would head for them soon.

Edited by Zuesacoatl, 27 December 2012 - 11:31 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users