• Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net/

Death's Hand Brigade

"Strength Through Unity"

Welcome to the consolidated Death's Hand Brigade recruitment thread! Please take the time to read the first few posts, each a representation of our separate battalions, which divide our member base into groups based on their primary playtime. All you need to join is a desire to play and a positive attitude, as no matter where or when you play, you will find comrades here!

WHO ARE THE DEATH'S HAND BRIGADE?
The Death's Hand Brigade are a collection of mature and like minded players from across the globe; brought together by a common love of all things Mechwarrior. We have endured and accomplished much in whatever guise we wear. From Canada to Australia, from the northern reaches of England to the southern tips of the United States; our member base spans the globe.

We function as a military unit having adopted many of the structures and operational guidelines of a modern day military (rank, protocol, etc) but in the end we are a bunch of people who like each other beyond just what the color of our uniform happens to be. We choose to put our friendships with one another first, keeping an eye towards respecting each other and everyone else we may meet, regardless of the colors they fly. We do unto others as we would want done unto us, and if we meet someone disrespectful or rude, we quietly let them rant, best them in battle when the time comes, and just as quietly walk away with dignity, knowing we're doing the right thing. Our motto on this is "Let our guns be the only thing to reply when an insult is cast our way".

We choose to train, and focus on improving our abilities as Mechwarriors, while maintaining friendships with one another. To be a part of the Brigade is to be a part of a family. We follow the Brigade Code of Conduct, and Grievance Procedure when the need arises. Lastly, the commander and Founder's vision is listed in the tenants of his Manifesto. All Brigadiers are expected to read over and be familiar with these documents upon acceptance into the Death's Hand Brigade.

Who we want:
- Pilots interested of all skill levels willing to learn and play as a team
- EU/NA/OC timezone players
- Able to join regular trainings and be part of the unit (Interact in TS and the Forum)
- Ability to use and understand english
- Maturity, 18+
- No "drama-queens"

Applying:
Head to our forum and register an account. (The link can be found just below the Unit's logo above)
Then you just need to fill out an short application (The "Apply Now" image that is front and center of the DHB home page) and check in to our Teamspeak server.
An Officer or Battalion Liaison (with a red/yellow shield) will give you a quick tour and set you up with your applicants tags.

As an "Applicant", you are required to show your engagement by attending training and generally becoming part of the unit through participation and getting to know us while we get to know you.
If you get at least 3 recommondations from Officers or Liaisons on your application, you will have an interview with Officers and then become a "Recruit" after the interview is successfully completed.
(Note: This process can take a variable ammount of time. The more active you are as an Applicant and the more you play and get to know us, the faster you'll get the reccomendations from existing members)
After receiving the Recruit rank, you will be granted Brigadier status and allowed access to our private forums and will further go through a two week probation period while we ensure what Battalion will best suit you and your play time/availablity. After that, you then be granted the "Mechwarrior" rank and issued a uniform where your awards will display on the website.

HOW WE CAME TO BE
The Death's Hand Brigade, formerly known as the Gray Death Legion of Battletech Lore has a rich and storied history dating back through many previous iterations of the MechWarrior franchise.

Initially, DHB was going to be playing as the Gray Death Legion, (GDL) and we had made efforts to reserve our place in MWO under this banner. However, in early May of 2012 the announcement was made that no canon mercenary unit, of which the Gray Death Legion most certainly was, would be allowed to be run, or controlled, by players. Thus began the renaming of our mercenary corporation. Potential unit names were submitted to the Command Staff and a series of votes took place over these names. Ultimately the final decision was reached based on input from the entire unit and Colonel Havoc chose to rename the unit: Death's Hand Brigade.

One of the members of the Brigade, Killhunger, devoted his considerable artistic talent to the creation of a new unit logo, paying homage to the classic Gray Death Legion logo, but putting our own spin on it and making it uniquely our own. The fruit of his labor can be seen at the top of this post, as well as on the front page of our website, and is a testament to his amazing artistic ability.

Reestablishing a new website, purchasing domain names and setting up our own Teamspeak server came along after this, as did exponential growth of the Brigade.

We are one of the most recognized & respected units within Mechwarrior online thanks to the hard work and dedication of each and every member of the Brigade. Our reputation is second to none, and no matter who we face, we always give a good showing of our abilities when we meet opponents on the field. Offering 'good luck' before the match and 'great game' afterwards, whether we win, or lose. We will continue to build on and expand this reputation as MechWarrior Online grows and flourishes in the future, and always ensure that we're having fun, and that our opponents are given a challenge every time they square off against us.

Thank you, and know I look forward to meeting each and every new recruit that chooses to check us out. Till that time, keep your engines hot, and your weapons online.

See you dirtside, Mechwarrior.

<S> "Strength Through Unity"

-Colonel Andrew "Havoc" Davis
Death's Hand Brigade Mercenaries

Edited by HAV0C, 16 December 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#2 Mrllamaface

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image

Greetings Mechwarriors!! Are you tired of running solo drops and getting wiped out by teams more organized than yours? Have you not been able to win enough matches to be able to afford all the shiny upgrades and new mechs? Well then, come join Death's Hand Brigade! We are a 3 battalion mercenary corporation who want to have fun while staying competitive. We are the North American arm of DHB. We are here to win matches but more impotently have fun.

We are always looking for warriors to join us, so grab a mic and hop on our teamspeak! Skill level does not matter, we are happy help you get started and dropping as part of a team! We have many talented drop commanders who can walk you through picking a mech, choosing weapons and modules, and showing you the tips and tricks of the maps for your play style!!

Again, our website is http://www.deathshandbrigade.net and our teamspeak server address is 69.65.49.248:10147.

See you dirtside Mechwarrior!!

Edited by Mrllamaface, 21 June 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#3 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Getting tired of pugging and looking for a Unit to join? Or are you in a unit presently and don't feel it is working for you?

WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN 4TH.BAT.DHB?

One of our strengths is our unit size, unlike many of of our oceanic competitors, who are so large that a new member could be forgotten, ignored and then lose interest in the unit or game itself, we are a smaller section of a true, world wide unit. Our current numbers are growing, our current roster found here. With 16-20 pilots in our core group regularly attending training in Mechwarrior Online 2 times weekly during the evenings, and online most evenings playing together in any number of games that are not Mechwarrior, we are producing a group of players who value team cohesion above all else. We have been competing in the Proxis Community Warfare project in the wider community, and also the Oceanic Mechwarrior League in the Oceanic Community. With the inception of 12v12 combat in Mechwarrior Online, we are looking to expand our roster by a further 5-9 Mechwarriors to bolster our competitive forces and also help facilitate internal 12v12 training.

We value a positive, reflective attitude - 4th.Bat.DHB is not about the game itself, but the people we play with. Piloting and Gunnery skills can and will be taught - attitude cannot be changed short of severe head trauma. If you have an attitude problem or a chip on your shoulder - you need not apply here.

4th Battalion recruitment is now open for a limited time only. To join us, you need to visit www.deathshandbrigade.net and find our forums. Inside the recruitment forum, please find a stickied post with more information and most importantly, our TeamSpeak server details. When you arrive in the landing zone of our Team Speak you will not see anything or anyone due to permissions. Please be patient, as a Battalion Liason will be with you soon!

Recording of First 12v12 encounter:

REMOVED DUE TO PROTEST - ANOTHER VID WILL BE FORTHCOMING

Due to public backlash, it is the decision of Oceanic Command staff that we will no longer be showing landslide victories in our recruitment thread. The following replacement video is a depicts a close game (cannot get much closer infact!) which we have used as a communications demonstration where we have overlayed all 4 communications channels into one video. It makes for an amusing watch, just don't mind my lack of heat management skills in this one!

Recording of 12 Man Communication Demonstration:

April Intake Recruitment Video:

Edited by Mista Whizzard, 04 May 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#4 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

I hope to see more new pilots filling the ranks in the very near future! Anyone interested in joining the Death's Hand Brigade please feel free to post here or contact me directly via PM.

<S> Take care everyone.

#5 Wingit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'll just add this:

We also have a lot of EU (GMT) people in the unit.

So, if you're in the UK or anywhere in Europe please join us.

#6 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thread on page one makes me feel like a new kid on the block all over again...

[Redacted]

I was going to post a New Kids on the Block music video as a joke... but they're all so painfully bad I decided not to torture the MWO community that way.

#7 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Love the new name and Symbol.

Good Luck and see you in a drop soon.

Chris

#8 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

Ogre, I will address this with you here briefly and if you'd like to speak further on it I'd be happy to do so via P.M.

I am the unit commander. I have chosen the name (names now) of my own volition and that if someone had an issue with that, I would have liked to have heard about it directly from them and discussed it before suddenly finding out I'm having a complaint lobbied against our (newly renamed) unit to the Moderating and Development team of Piranha Games Inc less than 24 hours after I had officially changed the name.

I'm not at all upset with you specifically Ogre, and would like to continue to speak with you in the near future once things have calmed down. However this whole situation has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Anything else that needs to be said can be said one-on-one. Thank you Ogre, the sentiment is appreciated. I'll talk to you later I'm sure. <S>

Death's Hand Brigade mercenaries.

Edited by HAV0C, 11 May 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#9 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Quick bump to the thread here. <S>

Our website is currently being developed and we hope to have it up to see very soon. Be looking for an update to the original post here in this thread in the near future.

<S> See y'all dirtside.

#10 Uhtredd

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBehind you!!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Great progress being made after all the "fun" this week...

Many thanks to all our members for all their hard work...

Any EU/UK tz pilots feel free to PM me if you would like to join in on our training nights.. (Thurs and Fri from 20.00 GMT)

Easy

#11 panzer

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

Interested send me a link.

#12 MasterDHawk

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Great group off people, multi country

#13 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postpanzer, on 13 May 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

Interested send me a link.

Greetings Panzer <S>

I'll be happy to forward you a link to our current forums we've been using till we can get our new website up and running. Once we get our new page and forums squared away I'll be sure to post that information here.

<S> Good to know you and I'll talk to you more in the near future I hope.

-Colonel Andrew "Havoc" Davis.

#14 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

bump :rolleyes:

#15 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

Come one come all , great group of people who like to kick some *** and have fun doing it !!

<S> DHB Whiskey. :)

#16 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Excuse me I meant to say "donkey"

I wonder if you can say "toro pooh pooh" ??

Will I get in trouble for insighting violence against donkeys ??

:) :lol: :blink:

#17 HAV0C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 381 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

It is a distinct possibility whiskey... but it's cool. We've got bigger guns than any activists group out there. :)

To anyone interested in joining up with the Death's Hand, please chime in here! We're trying to get the second company filled in the E.U./U.K. Battalion and are almost finished squaring away the third company in the U.S./Canadian side. Once we complete that, the First Battalion will be ready to go!

Please feel free to get with us here in this thread or via P.M. to me directly for more information.

<S> Thanks, I'll see you rowdy lot dirtside.

-Colonel Andrew "Havoc" Davis.

Edited by HAV0C, 15 May 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#18 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

My Babie girl is "18" today and is now as I write this at a Black Keys concert , I just cant leave the phone , to play .......

But tomorrow Ill be all better.

(at least shes got good taste in music)

#19 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 15 May 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

My Babie girl is "18" today and is now as I write this at a Black Keys concert , I just cant leave the phone , to play .......

But tomorrow Ill be all better.

(at least shes got good taste in music)

<S> Dad !!

#20 Uhtredd

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBehind you!!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

My turn to bump..

Pop by and catch us this weekend on the NGNG TS..

Easy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users