First Battletech Computer Game You Played?

155 replies to this topic

#41 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

MechWarrior... 2 I think. Falcon v Wolf.

#42 Rustic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCastile Central HQ

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

Mechwarrior 4: Vengueance was my first game, picked up in a bargain bin for something like 2000 pesetas. (12 Euros) Then I got MechCommander 2 and I started avidly searching for all things Battletech.

#43 McCaffrey

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

I started with MW 2, and fell in love. Great gateway drug. Then came the books....oh the books.....so many books. And then the rest of the games. :)

#44 Katrik Halsdorf

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTharkad...also, Colorado USA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

The first. Always had a thing for Steiner since this and the Germanic influence on the house.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Sideways

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNAS Sigonella, Sicily Italy.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

Mechwarrior 2 followed by Ghost Bear, Battletech on Sega Genesis, then MW4Mercs.

#46 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

MechWarrior 4: Vengeance was my first ever Mechwarrior game. I did actually play a bit of MW2 once, but I was never really aware of the brand or the Battletech game and never took any notice of it.

#47 bert bargo

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

I played mechwarrior 2 when I was in like.. second grade or something. I went to my friend garret's house and we just messed around on it. I was terrible at that game. Then my friend owen bought mechwarrior 3 when it was released and we were all older. I drove and owen shot. Crazy times.. It was like we were flying a helicopter heh

#48 Thomas Alderman

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

First video game experience was Mechwarrior followed shortly there after by Cresent Hawks Inception and Revenge. Though what first got me hooked was taking down an Atlas in a Catapult 1 on 1 in the board game.

#49 -Teiwaz-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 202 posts
  • Location43°27'N / 80°30'W

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

Started with MW3, in the BTU League. Now I am eagerly awaiting MW: Online :-)

#50 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

MechWarrior 2 was the first I played

#51 Alexx Knight

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

Got the Activision 3-Game box set with the ORiginal MechWarrior, BattleTech: Crescent Hawks Inception and BattleTech: Crescent Hawks Revenge.

Brings back a lot of great gaming memories and frustrations. Would kill to play them again, but not sure where my copies ended up.

Edited by Alexx Knight, 04 November 2011 - 05:52 AM.

#52 Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

Crescent Hawks Inception for me. Though I was fairly young and couldn't really handle the game too well. Mainly I watched my brother and took turns every now and again. The first game I really played and could understand well enough to beat was MW2:31st Century Combat. But Crescent Hawks Inception hooked me and I've been a mech jock ever since!

#53 Lori Kalmar

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSigurd

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

I've played them all dating back to the Atari 800's Crescent Hawks Inception but am sad to see all these Mechwarriors on the forums but no one has mentioned...

MegaMek! :) :D
http://megamek.info/

I cant remember but I think it might have even predated the Crascent Hawks, not sure.

You couldn't buy it in stores and only downloaded it through BBS. I think it was only available on the Commodore Amiga back in the late 80's. Since then the code has been updated tremendously. This was as close to the boardgame as possible played on a map using Hex spaces. Since the years its been updated to include online multiplayer and should be a staple in every Mechwarriors diet.

#54 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

MW3.

Dear Loris, Natashas and Joannas, if i ever find out you are male i'll do something horrible.

Edited by Razor Kotovsky, 04 November 2011 - 12:09 PM.

#55 Kagemusha

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

I started off with the dreamy MW1. Classic fun game, though absolutely terrible in many ways. I always preferred to work for the Draconis Combine, though I didn't know who they were at that point.

#56 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

Crescent Hawks : Revenge...

Went from my Apple IIe (with no B-Tech games) to a 286...never got to try Inception.

#57 Fulcrum

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

View PostCount Funkula, on 03 November 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

For me it was "Battletech: Crescent Hawks Inception" on the Commodore 64. It's sequel, "Battletech: Crescent Hawks Revenge" was the game that launched me into RTS and was one of the first real PC games I played, and was one of the first ones that I recall using digitized speech effectively. "This is Fire Leader, over!"

Yep, I have fond memories of these games as well. At the time they were pretty cutting edge and I can't recall how many hours/days/weeks I poured into playing them.

#58 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

View PostAlexx Knight, on 04 November 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Got the Activision 3-Game box set with the ORiginal MechWarrior, BattleTech: Crescent Hawks Inception and BattleTech: Crescent Hawks Revenge.

Brings back a lot of great gaming memories and frustrations. Would kill to play them again, but not sure where my copies ended up.

You can do that legally actually. Those games are so old + no longer sold so they are considered abandonware.

Check out Abandonia for some great old stuff: www.abandonia.com

Inception: http://www.abandonia...+Inception.html

Revenge: http://www.abandonia...ks+Revenge.html

And I just noticed MW1 was added too!: http://www.abandonia...echwarrior.html

You'll need to use a program called DOSBox to get them to work (DOS-emulator): http://www.abandonia.com/en/programs

The tutorial of the last really helps. :)

#59 Program 024

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPlying the void between stars

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

My first BattleTech game was MechWarrior 3. Just visiting a person's house and they let me play the game several years ago, Haven't played much since then. When I saw that MW: O was coming out, I started up again, this time with MW4

#60 Ashrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

First BT game I played was MechCommander 2. I really, really, really enjoyed it (hey, I was around 8 or 9 then!) T'was really great fun to be able to outfit your mechs with any weapon you want. Usually stuffed LRMs into all mechs... LOL kiddie mind.

Next was MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries a few years after, since it was really hard to find those in my country. Was reallly fun. I loved it. I still play it now. Gonna have to download MekTek 3.1 though, my copy disappeared...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users