#1 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

This is the first patch where I was fighting heavily and discovered that I was locked out of most of my Mech controls for no apparent reason. I could look around with my mouse, but the Mech's torso didn't move. My HUD was normal, target was still locked, I was still getting shot at and my heath indicator was working fine...

Then I noticed my heat was 100%. What happened was that I overheated myself with absolutely no warning (no Betty, no text warning notification at top of screen) and my HUD never updated with that fact. My Mech just slumped over and shut-down but never updated ANY of the UI.

Is this a known issue?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 04 December 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#2 Darvaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

This has also happened to me.

I was in an Atlas D DC with a BAP and ECM equipped.

I am also still losing the HUD after an overheat power down.

#3 Mitta

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

This happend to me with even a worse result. I just exploded -_-' and no I was not sniped.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Well, then, a ticket to Support it will be. I was in a Hunchback 4G with AC/20, 3ML, ES, DHS, standard 200 engine, no BAP, yes to sensor range module, in Caustic Valley,

#5 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

It happened to my friend in his Jenner. He would just take a step and overheat/shutdown. Just walking did it. He even started capturing our own base when he got into it.

#6 Feral Goose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Some of the games my I don't seem to be soaking any of the heat my weapons are producing. I have a build where I can alpha strike 6-7 times in a row and am shutting down on the 2nd alpha strike and when powering back up, the heat won't go down below 70%, no matter how long I go without shooting.

#7 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I've only noticed it happening in the cataphract and that has been since it was released.

-Full overheat/shutdown without the overhead warning or red tinted screen...mech just glides to a stop.

#8 Flashdance

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Had it happen to me 4 times on Monday. Everything just stops working and you start "free looking" inside your cockpit. Very annoying in the heat of battle.

Edit: I was piloting Cataphract as well each time it happened.

Edited by Flashdance, 04 December 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#9 iminbagdad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Had this Happen in an atlas -D today. Really messed me up

#10 Whosdasht

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I've experienced the non-notification heat shutdown in a few mechs. First saw this a couple weeks ago, but have seen it occur in the Atlas-D-DC and other mechs after the 4th patch. Usually, the mech's heat is in the 60-70% range and bang it shuts down and then registers at 100% if I over ride the shutdown.

On a side note, I've earned the nickname "Captain Overheat" from some of the guys I run with, but not due to this issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users