No Fedcom?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Endgame124

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

I was going to sign up as fedcom, but after doing a little research, it looks like the federated commonweath isn't established until 3055 (I thought it was pre clan invasion). Well, as such, here i am, solider of House Davion!

Edited by Endgame124, 30 November 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#2 AA Yeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNaperville, IL

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Are you looking to join a unit? If so check out Head Hunters of Davion!

A little bit of info on us,
  • We currently have over 280+ active pilots, varying in skill level and play time.
  • We usually have at least four active drops going on at all times.
  • We train everyone that needs help defeating the learning curve of MW:O.
  • If you choose you can receive Lance Leader training, which includes the tools you will need to start a drop, communicate clear and precise direction to your fellow warriors, and the strategy to close the match.
  • Access to a huge Mech Lab which will help you to find a design to meet your needs.
  • Access to a TS3 Server.
What does HHoD expect from you?
  • Once a week we would love to see you in game, we like active pilots.
  • Good Attitude and treat others well, HONOR.
  • Willingness to follow orders and work with a team.
  • More in depth view of our Code of Conduct can be found here.
Stop by the ]HHoD Recruiter nearest you today and tell them that AA Yeti sent you!!!

If you have any questions feel free to Private Message me!!!!

Edited by AA Yeti, 30 November 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#3 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Welcome to House Davion! I'm with Head Hunters Grim Determination (not to be confused with HHoD) myself. Stop by and check us out. ;)

http://youtu.be/feZTI9FbO9g

Edited by Demona, 30 November 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#4 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostEndgame124, on 30 November 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

I was going to sign up as fedcom, but after doing a little research, it looks like the federated commonweath isn't established until 3055 (I thought it was pre clan invasion). Well, as such, here i am, solider of House Davion!

Don't worry, we'll teach those Lyrans proper tactics on 3055 :D

#5 dave88

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Locationwa

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

death to the enemys of house davion ill burn there mechs to the ground

#6 VenomShark

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

WIll MWO get up to that point? (3055)

#7 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostVenomShark, on 02 December 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

WIll MWO get up to that point? (3055)

I think most of us want this game to last as many years as possible, so yes.

#8 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Why would you want to join a temporary government that tears itself apart? Capellans didn't have to do anything for once, except make the popcorn.

#9 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Actually i think it was Liao machinations that formed the opportunity for the break-up.

Marik was asked to provide upgrade packages for mechs to the "Fed Com", over upgrading its own mech force, so we could fight the Clans better.

In return Joshua Marik could then receive treatment for cancer at the best medical facility in the inner sphere bar Comstar's.

Sadly though he did not recover and died from it. Hanse Davion then placed a body double in his place to keep the shipments coming so they could fight the Clans. Victor later kept that program going.

Liao got wind of it, and send a agent to get a DNA sample, that proofed the double, and then of course something then hit the fan at light speed.

Liao and Marik started a campaign, and Kat S-D broke of the Lyran part of the Commonwealth to go on her own power trip. Lot of the Davion jumpships in Steiner space where stuck there so the Fed Suns could not mount a good counter to the Liao and Marik forces.

Edited by Qin, 03 December 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#10 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

I think Katrina would have found a way to get out of fedcom sooner or later.

#11 Wun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

View Postdal10, on 03 December 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I think Katrina would have found a way to get out of fedcom sooner or later.

I'm kinda suprised she accepted half instead of shooting herself in the foot trying for all of it.

#12 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostWun, on 03 December 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

I'm kinda suprised she accepted half instead of shooting herself in the foot trying for all of it.

to be fair she did end up taking all of it for a while.

#13 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostEndgame124, on 30 November 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Just a note - at this point in the timeline, the AFFS and LAFC had basically already combined in to the AFFC

"In early 3041, the AFFC High Command was ready to take command of both militaries,[1] and the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth formally came into being on the first of April, 3042.[2]"

but obviously you joined the right branch of the AFFC :)

#14 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

hey.. hey guys... guys... what if... what if Battletech was scifi written up by some company? :)

#15 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostQin, on 03 December 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

Actually i think it was Liao machinations that formed the opportunity for the break-up.

Marik was asked to provide upgrade packages for mechs to the "Fed Com", over upgrading its own mech force, so we could fight the Clans better.

In return Joshua Marik could then receive treatment for cancer at the best medical facility in the inner sphere bar Comstar's.

Sadly though he did not recover and died from it. Hanse Davion then placed a body double in his place to keep the shipments coming so they could fight the Clans. Victor later kept that program going.

Liao got wind of it, and send a agent to get a DNA sample, that proofed the double, and then of course something then hit the fan at light speed.

Liao and Marik started a campaign, and Kat S-D broke of the Lyran part of the Commonwealth to go on her own power trip. Lot of the Davion jumpships in Steiner space where stuck there so the Fed Suns could not mount a good counter to the Liao and Marik forces.

Hanse had nothing to do with that, it was his son Victor. Hanse had died of a heart attack by that point. I doubt the Fox would have done something that stupid.

#16 FallenFactol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTulsa

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

We will bring peace to the Inner Sphere by all means.

#17 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ready to fight for House Davion!

#18 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostFallenFactol, on 05 December 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

We will bring peace to the Inner Sphere by all means.

lol a davion bringing peace, remember the 4th succession war and the war of 3039?

#19 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

"The accession of Archon-Prince Victor Steiner Davion in 3055 formally brought the nation into being, though in practice it had existed since before the Clan Invasion."

View PostApoc1138, on 05 December 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

Just a note - at this point in the timeline, the AFFS and LAFC had basically already combined in to the AFFC

"In early 3041, the AFFC High Command was ready to take command of both militaries,[1] and the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth formally came into being on the first of April, 3042.[2]"

but obviously you joined the right branch of the AFFC :)

"The delay in the start of the [War of 3039] had given Theodore Kurita time to revamp the DCMS into a more effective fighting force, while the AFFS and LCAF continued to fight as two separate organizations"

but then

"The Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth was the combined military of the AFFS and LCAF. By early 3041 AFFC High Command formally accepted control of the two organizations, and by 3042 the last vestiges of both militaries was discarded. By 3050 the AFFC was the largest military organization in the Inner Sphere, with a BattleMech strength of 256 regiments and 1 battalion"

So I do wonder if the devs have given this any consideration for when the strategic game goes live. I dont think we have enough details, but I bet the combined forces would make the Easy Button crowd scream 'unfair!' so maybe in MWO they'll keep the Houses seperated.

-Don

#20 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Steiner and Davion don't share any border space - so steiner will be fighting with whoever they share a border with and Davion will be doing the same - so effectively it's "everyone else vs. Davion and Steiner" already

if you do end up with a Davion vs. Steiner drop, then just call it a training excercise :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users