Affs Regiment List

203 replies to this topic

#41 T C Baxter

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I would be happy to join any House Davion regular unit. Please get in touch with me if you would like an experienced pilot.

#42 Kristoph McKracken

Rookie

• Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Cadet Kristoph McKracken

Goshen War Colleage Training Battalion

Ready for assignment

Edited by Kristoph McKracken, 01 May 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#43 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

It sounds like teh devs will control the house units. I belive they said you maybe able to join special units if you earn enough loyalty points.I wonder if rank will be controlled by that also. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out with the houses.

#44 Wraith131313

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Didn't play the old games online, but been playing battletech my whole life. Would love to join a Davion unit (also thought about Kell Hounds) but Davion is where its at. Anyone looking for a good recon/pursuit MW, let me know!

#45 Bitslizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostAylward, on 05 November 2011 - 08:13 AM, said:

The HeadHunters of Davion will be there.. (RCO: Aylward [aylward@hhod.com], RXO: Iron [iron@hhod.com])

Great! I was a Headhunter during MPBT:3035 can't wait to fight with everyone again!

#46 Head Crusher

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

How would one get recruited into a regiment when the time comes? I would like to be apart of a fromidable lance but one that I am counted as a soldier, not an expendable child that simply wishes to play a game. I plan on playing as a defender with a Centurion but I need a lance to join. Any suggestions? Please message me with Lance registration!

Edited by Head Crusher, 09 June 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#47 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

The best way was always to drop with someone, whom you've built up a rapport with.

If you get to know the guys on a regular basis, and you can pilot well, without being too much of an a.s.s. (lets face it, there are a few guys who rub EVERYONE up the wrong way, both the team you against and your own team), then its helps.

Organised groups will then likely have a training scenario for you to go through, a group mandate/code of conduct to uphold for the serious ones etc etc.

And most importantly, for the organised ones, is to be able (and willing) to follow an order rather than do your own thing, in order to get the battle won well, rather than as the last man standing (ala WoT public matches)

Can you stand to be given an order to do something that you personally may think is pointless, can you handle being out on your own as a scout and hold your own while giving intel back to your team, rather than just pinging your location and screaming HELP!!!! Can you function in a team?

It goes a lot further than just being able to point and shoot (or the ability to pop tart for that matter).

But getting to know the guys you wanna team up with helps a lot too :)

#48 Apex Prime

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Yeah I agree with the furball.

Many of us that have played this game and its incarnations over the years tend to take drops pretty seriously, and have low tolerance for people who fail/refuse to follow orders. THe purpose of joining a unit is for the brotherhood, and friendships we made along the way. Back in my rookie pilot days I can recall days of being scolded by Mustang, and others for doing something boneheaded that got my lance killed.

Don't join a unit because of the prestige, but join it if it suits your personal game play style. We can't expect you to just change overnight and adapt to our playstyle, but when you're dropping and sh** hits the fan and your Lance Leader is barking out orders we expect you to follow them to the T wihout giving lip.

Just wanted to give you a realistic idea of how things go down. Because tempers can flare on comms at times, and if you don't have thick skin, then join a casual gaming group. Also many people have kids, and dropping the f bomb like its cool, can get you kicked too =)

Also as Chewie said talk to members and get a feel for them and their units. Read up on Battletech lore as well, and see if there is a unit there that tickles your fancy, and if you like the roleplay aspect of it then join a unit that plays it out too.

Man...

I have played many MMO's and online games, but I have never had the experiences, and pleasure I experienced playing MPBT 3025, or the mechwarriors. Made some good friends for life (kicks Chewie when he isn't looking and runs)

~S~

JudgeDread

#49 Fantastic Ergo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWolf City, Arc-Royale

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

We have Merged Into HeadHunters of Davion as 2nd Battalion "New Avalon Cavaliers"
It's an honor to be part of a unit with so much tradition....
Unit: Avalon Hussars
RCO: Fantastic Ergo
RXO: Fxrsniper
WEB: mwo.enjin.com
***: TeamSpeak Server ts3.digitalthemepark.org

Edited by Fantastic Ergo, 17 October 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#50 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

Added it to the list.

#51 Aahz HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationCleveland TN

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Unit: HeadHunters Grim Determination
RCO: Aahz
RXOs: T91 & Mechwarrior
web: http://hhgd-affs.com

Edited by Aahz Affs, 11 September 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#52 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Also added to the list.

#53 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Why does this thread not have a sticky? Too much information for members new and old not to have a sticky.

It will mean some work for you Qin, but perhaps add each units MWO forum thread to their name. This will help those new to MWO find what they are looking for.

Perhaps one of yall could even toss up a "Federated Suns Unit Draft" which would be similar to the Merc Hiring Hall. Facilitating units to find members, and members to find units.

Edited by Rhyshaelkan, 13 September 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#54 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Frontier Rangers,
A Ranger Brigade with ancestral ties to those in the pacific northwest of north america.

Unit: Federated Suns Frontier Rangers (2nd or 3rd Rangers?)
RCO: Slater01
RXO:
WEB: www.fsfr.enjin.com

#55 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Added to the list.

#56 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Thanks QIN for the update.
I notice some of those listed may be inactive. Any thoughts on trimming those that are inactive or have defunc websites?

#57 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

I put an (Active) Tag to the ones that i know are active. The ones i don't have gotten a (Active?).

If those units with (Active?) are still active could send me a PM or reply to this thread ill update it.

Same for those who like to have information updated or changed just send a PM or just post it in the thread.

#58 Strykeforce

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Unit: Cored Battalion (Mercenary Group)

C.O.'s: Strykeforce. Maelfactor, Shawgrin, 3ffigy, WarHawlk.
RXO:

We're a reinforced Battalion located along the Capellan March, Kathil Operations Area.

#59 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Added your unit to the list.

Good hunting on the Capellan boarder :)

#60 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I'll tell you what else would be useful on this list, would be a rough guide to members numbers and countries
even if the different groups in this thread could add this info to their own site, it would make choosing which one(s) to approach first much easier for potential recruits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users