Uac5 Macro Users

10 replies to this topic

#1 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I dont see many UAC5s, but when I do, I often see someone boating them, and never ever jamming.

Macro users even post on this forum.

So when will PGI fix this weapon so it can be used without cheating?

Edited by LordBraxton, 11 December 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#2 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 11 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

I dont see many UAC5s, but when I do, I often see someone boating them, and never ever jamming.

They are firing the UAC/5 within the time frame the game allows. Thanks for the Macro idea, I'm going to play with my Cataphract and macros to get it working. Believe it or not, using hardware isn't against the TERMS OF SERVICE. Hell, Pirahna is partnering with Razer to bring in a joystick that will enable macros.

#3 Mr 144

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostRhent, on 11 December 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

They are firing the UAC/5 within the time frame the game allows. Thanks for the Macro idea, I'm going to play with my Cataphract and macros to get it working. Believe it or not, using hardware isn't against the TERMS OF SERVICE. Hell, Pirahna is partnering with Razer to bring in a joystick that will enable macros.

No, but since the change to enable UAC/5 time-based un-jamming instead of the group/ungroup happy dance...PGI has been deleting any detailed macro threads...so beware, there mood seems to be changing on the subject.

Mr 144

#4 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 11 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Honestly I don't macro anything and I roll 2x AC/5 2xUAC/5 on my 4X. I can do pretty good without them jamming all that often. You just have to get the rhythm right.

#5 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostMr 144, on 11 December 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

No, but since the change to enable UAC/5 time-based un-jamming instead of the group/ungroup happy dance...PGI has been deleting any detailed macro threads...so beware, there mood seems to be changing on the subject.

Mr 144

Where is Pirahna's code of game conduct? Do they have one or are they making it up? Because they are partnering with Razer and I gaurantee Razer will not release any peripheral that doesn't allow Macros.

#6 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostRhent, on 11 December 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Where is Pirahna's code of game conduct? Do they have one or are they making it up? Because they are partnering with Razer and I gaurantee Razer will not release any peripheral that doesn't allow Macros.

close as you will get right now:
http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/

#7 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm running 3xUAC5 on my Ilya and not using macros. The thing is, when you have them in multiples, you don't notice when one jams because the mech is still firing away, and since they're UAC, firing pretty fast. It's only when they're all jammed at the same time that you're going to notice the mech stop firing. It happens, but not all the time.

#8 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

This claim that all UAC5 users are macroing is silly. IF you have 2-4 of them you can always have one or two working and if you plan it right they jam very rarely.

#9 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

View Postyashmack, on 11 December 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

close as you will get right now:
http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/

There is nothing in their code of conduct that prohibits any macros. Only software that changes the UI or that causes issues for other players connectivity etc. It would not be a great idea for Pirahna to prevent gaming hardware from working on their system. They might as well write of tie in sales off if they did.

For example this:
http://www.razerzone...artemis/concept

Now read this:
"THE RAZER ARTEMIS CONCEPT CONTROLLER INCLUDES A MULTITUDE OF FULLY PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLS THAT MAKE PILOTING YOUR MECH AND CRUSHING YOUR OPPONENTS AS INTUITIVE AND FLEXIBLE AS POSSIBLE. "

I see nothing preventing macroing from being used in the game. Frankly, can't remember ANY online game that bans macros. However, I do read a lot of posts with people who are too cheap to buy a $40 gaming mouse or keyboard complaining about macros.

#10 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I never said they were preventing it, I just link to the only real code of conduct they have posted in regards to macros, it even says in there that text macros are allowed

#11 Mr 144

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

@ Rhent...macroing has been discussed ad nauseum already, with no express reasoning or Dev comment against it..you're on a soapbox, but have no crowd ;)

My sole point was an observation...post detailed macro instructions in a thread now-a-days, and it will be deleted by the mods, right or wrong....again, not an opinion...just an observation. I know this, because I have Copy/Pasted/Notepad'd the more relevant ones that are no longer on the forums...this is NOT an invitation to PM me for 'em either...lol...I keep them for reference, but personally don't run builds with more than one UAC/5 that I would even consider macroing...I'm just not that into Dakka Dakka....Besides, If I wanted to, my x52 Throttle software is more than capable just as gaming mice and keyboards...

Mr 144

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users