14 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Mortuus

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:09 PM[/color]

So ive been using my SteelSeries WoW cataclysm mouse for a while now, its a great mouse has 11 extra buttons, which i have set as 0-9 and F1. This is not registering any hits when programming the options for primary or secondary controls. I've tried to re install the horrible client that Steel series gives you, 3 times in fact and also used the default config with no success. The problem has followed me from one crappy pc to a generally good pc.

I have had non repeatable success in a limited fashion by killing the process for the SteelSeries WoW cataclysm mouse client, with about 6 of the 11 button working. however later this effect was not repeatable. also 2 of the 6 buttons where firing off the same key...lol.

The buttons that DO work are L-Click, R-Click, Wheel Button Push.

This mouse works with WOW obviously, GW2, WoT, and any other application i use. I commonly use it to type numbers in web browsers and such.

I searched for a while looking for a similar thread but all i found were people saying to use/buy this mouse, and a guy that posted in the wrong spot and never deleted the thread. Any advice would be well accepted at this point.

<Also, This is repost from another forum. Just attempting to get this post in the correct section so the devs can see this and maybe address it. Thanks again.>

Edited by Dark Mortuus, 01 December 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#2 Specials4uc3

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I have a Razr Deathadder and my R-Mouse button has stopped working, all other buttons work but it is still pretty annoying. The issue is limited to actually being in the cockpit, the button works fine in the keybinding interface.

#3 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Got a Steelseries Sensei (Diablo III Edition 8 Button Mouse)
Works perfectly with MWO.

But the Steelseriesclient has problems Recognizing MWO when it is started
MWO has a Launcher so i have need to swap Profile Manualy, to the MWO Profile.
Then it works fine

So yeah it don't work perfectly with MWO but very good.

I have another Issue with the Client, i shouldn't use autostart on windows.
I need to wait on the login screen for around 10-20 Seconds then my System starts well.
When i do a as fast as possible Start i have sometimes problems with Steelseries Client etc, but it is an old Install don'T know if it is typicall for the Steelseries client.

Edited by Elkarlo, 22 December 2012 - 01:21 AM.

#4 Dakkath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Moving to player support.

#5 Dark Mortuus

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Ill try that. Sad that it has been this long adn i still have no reply from someone who can actually make a difference. Makes me want to punch babies.

#6 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sorry to say PGI doesn't always have the man power to spare time for such a narrow issue as a single mouse problem. That's why they set up the player support forums rather than just a the support ticket system.

One thing you can try is to set your buttons to "Generic Button" if you can, and then go into the MWO keybind menu and set them up in the mouse colum, of the key binds, should come out as "mouse 4, 5, 6, etc..."

#7 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

long ago PGI descided to take away almost all mouse bindings, why, WTFK!! you have to write your own scripts now and put them in your actionmaps file

Edited by Immelmann, 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#8 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostImmelmann, on 12 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

long ago PGI descided to taske away almost all mouse bindings, why, WTFK!! you have to write your own scripts now and put them in your actionmaps file

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? The mouse key bind section in the options menu is still there, it never stopped being a thing you can do.

#9 Qeysadilla

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationSecond star to the right and straight on til morning

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I was having the same issue with only the standard 5 buttons working, but after looking at steelseries website I got the rest of them working. All I had to do was go to the cataclysm mouse folder (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\SteelSeries\World of Warcraft Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse) find the executable files (I think you only have to do WoWMHID2 but I did all three) right click on it/them, choose properties, click on the compatibility tab, and check the box marked "Run this program as administrator". Hit ok or apply, whichever, and reboot. All my buttons started working after this. They also said that you should be able to do the same thing by turning off User Account Control. Hope this helps. If this was answered somewhere else I apologize but I couldn't find it.

#10 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostWatchit, on 13 January 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? The mouse key bind section in the options menu is still there, it never stopped being a thing you can do.

try binding your mousewheelup/down, then you will be enlightened.

#11 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostImmelmann, on 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

try binding your mousewheelup/down, then you will be enlightened.

Ah the mouse wheel, that's hardly "almost all mice bindings". But yeah, it would be nice if they added that back, though I don't remember it ever being possible during closed beta.

#12 cRUSH3r

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

I found a way to program the buttons for SteelSeries World of Warcraft Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse. It involves exporting your profile and then edit the resulting XML file, then import it.
More details on my blog post on evilbox.ro
Hope it helps.

Edited by cRUSH3r, 06 March 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#13 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

The problem is how fast the mouse injects the macros.
I have this mouse and bought it for MWO. A time delay macrp needs to be made.
Ive had all the problems you mention where certain buttons arnt being picked up in gaame yet work ok in say notepad

When setting up the macros for the mouse you need to add a delay of 32ms or more. I have mine set upto 62ms. I was then able to use my other buttons.

The problem i now have is i cant find how to tell a macro what to do if i hold a button down. Say if ive button 5 for wep gp 3. And on say my hunchback wep gp 3 is a machine gun. Youre gonna want to hold button 5 down to machine gun the hell out of someones mech.

Its not doing. When i press and hold button 5 its just shooting the guns once. Like pressing the key ive assigned to button 5 once.

:-/

#14 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

There is a time delay in razer macro software, theres a box to click ignore or add delays. You sure you dont have something like that after updating? Its a rather vital function for macros.

#15 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Also on my software for the mouse. I have to save the profile to the mouse on-board memory and then remove the software. And reboot. This forces windows to use the profile driver saved in the mouse and not the default windows driver. Which ten enables me to use the mouse properly in MWO.

To change anything i have to reinstall load profile edit it and repeat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users