[Guide] How To Constantly Fire Tag (Fast Tweak, Super Easy To Do)

78 replies to this topic

#21 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just as another note here, if your piloting any mech with a head laser slot, and you want to look badass and intimidating, mount a flamer in there, put it in group 6, and set it to always on.

You look intimidating as hell, walking around everywhere shooting flames out of your face.

#22 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I can see a complex macro to unjam be a bit of an exploit, but since the early days of gaming, the concept of holding down a button (or "autofire") has been realized by anyone who has a paperweight, tape, paperclip, clothes pin, or something similar.

If someone wants to try to tell me that "holding down a button" is an exploit, I don't even know say back to them. :blink:

#23 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 06 December 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Just as another note here, if your piloting any mech with a head laser slot, and you want to look badass and intimidating, mount a flamer in there, put it in group 6, and set it to always on.

You look intimidating as hell, walking around everywhere shooting flames out of your face.

How many sinks does that "delete" from your mech? (AKA, how many sinks does it take to heat neutral a flamer?)

#24 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostVechs, on 09 December 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

How many sinks does that "delete" from your mech? (AKA, how many sinks does it take to heat neutral a flamer?)

Last time I used flamers they worked like this. Flames first reserve X heat up front. This heat is added to your mech. Then they start filling up this reserve at an exponential rate. Once the reserve is full, heat is added to your mech again.

So you'd need an infinite amount of heatsinks. I think that may have been a joke. Or something has changed since I last used them. Or the poster didn't know how flamers worked.

#25 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostHauser, on 10 December 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Last time I used flamers they worked like this. Flames first reserve X heat up front. This heat is added to your mech. Then they start filling up this reserve at an exponential rate. Once the reserve is full, heat is added to your mech again.

So you'd need an infinite amount of heatsinks. I think that may have been a joke. Or something has changed since I last used them. Or the poster didn't know how flamers worked.

Oh I see. Thanks for that info! :D

#26 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Just a heads up to anyone who has their TAG perma-fired, I track down lots of mechs by seeing their TAG beam and following it back. Sometimes it's better to "keep quiet" weapon-wise, even if the weapon builds no heat.

#27 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostHauser, on 10 December 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Last time I used flamers they worked like this. Flames first reserve X heat up front. This heat is added to your mech. Then they start filling up this reserve at an exponential rate. Once the reserve is full, heat is added to your mech again. So you'd need an infinite amount of heatsinks. I think that may have been a joke. Or something has changed since I last used them. Or the poster didn't know how flamers worked.

I overheated constantly with it always on.

it was worth it.

#28 Ceesa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBoston, USA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

There's an easier way to use TAG all the time: rebind group 6 to the left shift key. Then you can hold it down with your pinky finger and still control your mech just fine.

Or if you have a mouse with extra buttons, map it there and hit it with your thumb.

#29 FR33JACK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Vechs,
thank you. You are my Hero for today ;)

Edited by FR33JACK, 19 December 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#30 Hurthammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I just cram a piece of paper in to the bound TAG key. Same as the stack of change.. paper weight.. et al.. works just fine and no tinkering with game files and such for us less than computer savvy folks. :)

#31 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I bind the TAG to every weapon group. So when ever I shoot anything, I also shoot the tag. The tag goes off faster than any missile so it always hits first and you get the bonus when the missile reaches the target.

I have a question what I've been wondering; does Artemis and TAG stack together? Both are supposed to tighten the grouping, so having both makes super tight group? I'm more interesting this on my SRM6's. Anyone know how it is?

#32 Murdalizer

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 21 December 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

I bind the TAG to every weapon group. So when ever I shoot anything, I also shoot the tag. The tag goes off faster than any missile so it always hits first and you get the bonus when the missile reaches the target.

I have a question what I've been wondering; does Artemis and TAG stack together? Both are supposed to tighten the grouping, so having both makes super tight group? I'm more interesting this on my SRM6's. Anyone know how it is?

As far as i know, TAG does not affect missile grouping, only Artemis and Narc does that...TAG only makes you able to target something inside an ECM bubble.

So TAG does not make your SRM6 any better at all.

Edited by Murdalizer, 21 December 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#33 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostMurdalizer, on 21 December 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

As far as i know, TAG does not affect missile grouping, only Artemis and Narc does that...TAG only makes you able to target something inside an ECM bubble.

So TAG does not make your SRM6 any better at all.

Both TAG and NARC do improve missile tracking, but only for LRMs, not for SRMs.

#34 MaxllmuS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

THX MAN!!! I so many time ask this togleable and now i can use it no problem.
P.s. Dont know why in W8 drivers and autohotkey with same function not work.But this mod work great.

#35 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostFerretGR, on 11 December 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Just a heads up to anyone who has their TAG perma-fired, I track down lots of mechs by seeing their TAG beam and following it back. Sometimes it's better to "keep quiet" weapon-wise, even if the weapon builds no heat.

This is one of the reasons I try to only fire when I am sure I can hit my mark. Especialy, being a sniper. Keeping my position secret is vital. It's also, inportant for scouts to not announce themselves unless they plan on engaging the enemy. However, if they are using the TAG to benefit thier own missles, it doesn't make a lot of differance.

In almost all cases. Announcing your position is not a good thing. Unless, you are trying to be a destraction :) .

#36 Darth OConner

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWestern Rim

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 21 December 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

On a side note, and quick $0.15 fix for your "always on button", use a glob of earthquake putty found at your local hardware store. It's about $3 per 3 ounce envelope. I use a Verbatim keyboard with very strong key return, this is the best way to handle it and still be able to turn it "off" when that hulking Stalker decides to home on me...however, if you smoke while playing, the ash kills the stickiness of your glob after a few contests.

#37 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

None of this seems to work anymore. :)

#38 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

bump to this uber cool workaround - finally TAG feels like a weapon and not a liability anymore.

Beware enemy team!

#39 Suskis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 276 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have only weapon group 1. so it would be easy to put TAG in weapon group 2 and keep the right mouse button always pressed I think?

#40 FLAKPANZER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Does this still work after patching?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users