[Guide] How To Constantly Fire Tag (Fast Tweak, Super Easy To Do)

78 replies to this topic

#61 HC Harlequin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

What specific line in there adresses just the TAG on option but fixes the enter keybinding to "end_chat" action ?

I don't want to lose my mouse wheel bindings or my TAG on, but I would like to fix the enter to end chat bug.

I have tried copying the <action name="end_chat" onPress="1"keyboard="enter"/> to the "mech" section.. no good.

#62 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostHC Harlequin, on 03 April 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

What specific line in there adresses just the TAG on option but fixes the enter keybinding to "end_chat" action ?

read my 1st post on page 3, to understand...

I don't want to lose my mouse wheel bindings or my TAG on, but I would like to fix the enter to end chat bug.

your custom keybinds that you set in the ingame options menue are saved in the USER directory. An entire other thing, that have nothing to do with this "workaround"
this xml is just the default keymap that serves as a template for the default control.

I have tried copying the ... to the "mech" section.. no good.

the problem is, that evey patch that adds a new key into the game and you are using the old keymap, and it "breaks" the (hardcoded) ingame key assignments. So you have to update every patch...
(FYI, they moved the chat keys to a new section. simply update the entire thing every time or stop using it :P )

this method is outdated and should not be used, for obvious reasons. I suggest to use the TAG toggle macro script from "evilC".

Edited by Garagano, 03 April 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#63 Puffy

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

Tried new version of the script, old bugs fixed, but got new one: after finishing game with tag toggle on i got no result screen, mech just standing still and i can only leave game... after this my mech are still "in game" for a 5-10 minutes, then i can use it again...

Edited by Puffy, 03 April 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#64 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

This worked.

#65 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

This tweak allows you to toggle TAG off and on.

#66 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Is this working for the April 16th patch? It'll probably need an update again.

#67 Spencer Kadeth

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm going to have to agree with HC Harlequin. My enter key has stopped working as it should and I can't find anything in your previous posts that indicate how to fix this

#68 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Same here, cant use the enter key.

#69 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

If you cant find anything, then you dont have read the thread!
The OP have abandoned this thread, it seems.

Stop Using this!
- if you dont know what your are doing
- because it is a faulty way to use toggle TAG
- because there is a better/universal way to toggle the TAG
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1736507

mfg

#70 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Actually, if you have a vague idea of what XML is, there is no easier way to get TAG to always run.
Especially cause you do not have to download any tools for it.

I can support "If you cant find anything, then you dont have read the thread!" though :(

#71 Spencer Kadeth

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I don't appreciate you getting so aggressive towards me. I see no reason why this mod shouldn't fix the tag without disabling my enter key. Now if you haven't actually solved my problem then simply give someone else the chance to help instead of taking on about a macro that I obviously don't want to run, or I would have done so already.

#72 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

Is removing this as simple as removing the files it created? It changed ALL my key binds, I can't talk, I can't centre my legs to my torso, etc. I found this out in a tournament and practically got face melted instantly. I'm spamming my usual keys and my mech is just doing nothing in response. The only thing that has changed is installing this; absolutely no modifications have been made to my client besides this that could have altered any key mapping at all. Absolutely awful way to discover your keys have been messed with = letting your entire team down and not even being able to hit enter after typing "Sorry, some mod I installed has fscked my client." .__.

#73 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostWarskull, on 02 April 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

This is actually a popular tweak. Tell me how many mechs you have personally spotted with thier TAG on. It is barely visible.

PGI does need to make TAG toggle by default.

Thousands. And as a gauss sniper, it's been their demise with head and back shots when they least expect it that they wouldn't have gotten had they not had TAG on! ;)

#74 Iron Savior

Dezgra

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

I see no purpose to using this macro, when I already bind TAG to 1-6 weapon groups. I'm tagging you during splash with lasers, during punch with AC/20, during sprinkle of LRM 20.

If TAG is fired during eveyr weapon group, macros aren't particularly needed. I read nothing of this thread as it's info is useless to me so far.

#75 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Also, I'm fairly certain that altering the .xml in any way goes against the TOS. Either way, I would never, ever, want TAG on all the time. It's on when I want it on, and only then. Otherwise it's a beacon that some light drivers like to use to find mechs. (Hint, hint).

#76 pjfontillas

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostIron Savior, on 04 June 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I see no purpose to using this macro, when I already bind TAG to 1-6 weapon groups. I'm tagging you during splash with lasers, during punch with AC/20, during sprinkle of LRM 20.

If TAG is fired during eveyr weapon group, macros aren't particularly needed. I read nothing of this thread as it's info is useless to me so far.

Quite right. TAG is always grouped with my weapons that need LOS. My builds also allow for me to use it alone in Group 3, so that I can tag without necessarily firing anything.

Trained eyes can spot TAG users. And in the case of my Atlas D-DC with ECM they get my attention (TAG+LRM/AC20+2xSRM6+ML) first.

#77 Mantazz

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSW, Virginia.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Wow, all this just to get tag to toggle. If you use a joystick (or anything else with a throttle control) there is a much easier way to accomplish this.

STEP 1: Open options go to keybindings, select the tic that uses the tag.

STEP 2: Set throttle control to activate the selected tic by pushing it forward and then back.

To turn off tag simply press the # button assigned to that tic.

Done....

#78 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just thought I would keep this updated...
My old "Tag Toggle" script was previously linked in this thread, but that is now obsolete.

It is now replaced by Fire Control, which features a GUI, profiles, proper chainfire timings etc.

#79 Striker1980

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, no where, somewhere, generally the utility room in my house in the UK.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostMantazz, on 19 August 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Wow, all this just to get tag to toggle. If you use a joystick (or anything else with a throttle control) there is a much easier way to accomplish this.

STEP 2: Set throttle control to activate the selected tic by pushing it forward and then back.

Done....

View PostMantazz, on 19 August 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Done....

I'd just thought I'd ask this doesn't seem to work with the new patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users