We launched version 2.0.14 this week, which has a (mostly) functional Mechlab. Immediately everyone set about trying to break it – we had all large laser Atlas’, Machinegun/AC-2/Flamer Hunchbacks, and a Jenner that seemed to go Mach 1, but we thought we’d share the following with you:
Modified Hunchback HBK 4P:
- Replace the six Medium Lasers in the right torso with six Small Lasers
- Change the arms to - right arm: 2x Medium Lasers, left arm: 2x Small Lasers
- Remove all heat sinks and armour from left torso
- Max the armour of both legs
- Add heatsinks to legs/right torso/arms until you’re maxed (26 total heatsinks)
I see a major problem with this configuration - the lack of left torso armor means a shot coming in from the left (as in: someone standing to your left shoots you in the left ribcage) will go straight through the chassis, by-pass the center torso armor, and go straight to the reactor!
There is no significant internal armor layer inbetween the center torso compartment and the left torso compartment, so a shot that goes in through the left will go straight through the hollow left torso compartment until it hits something, and that "something" will be your engine in the center torso.
So... in Garth's example Mech, wouldn't that thing basically die from a few shots that hit the left torso from the left side of its body?
Edited by Prosperity Park, 11 May 2012 - 11:19 AM.