Click.. Click.. Uhm.. Why Aren't I Firing?

26 replies to this topic

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 04 December 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Yeah happens to me all the time with Gauss. I click it fires. I click again. Wait. Wait some more. Fires. Click again. Nothing happens.

I have my mouse set to fire groups 1 and 2 not the selected group.

I have also noticed AC5 rounds going through a hunchback with a friend spectating me also seeing it.

I've experienced the "I push the button and it doesn't fire till I hit it a second time" glitch. I sometimes have to hit the fire button twice to get a single shot off. Particularly with the first round of LRMs I want to shoot off.

I've also had a round go through a mech before. It was an AC 20 shot too. It went through three mechs in the same match. Haven't seen it happen again, unless you count when I happen to somehow shoot through a mechs armpit... I've had plenty of near hits like that. But that's very true to the books.

View PostFranklen Avignon, on 04 December 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

I usually have a ping in the low 30's and the firing delay is still noticeable for me. I've gotten into the habit of trying to keep lead on a target and just clicking away until the weapon fires. It needs to be fixed.

I've noticed it too. Sometimes, it hits where my mouse was clicked over when I clicked, which can be great when a shot seems to "home in" from my AC 20. But normally my shot is delayed from when I pressed the fire button and it shoots afterwards, way off target now. That delay could use to be shortened or removed. I don't experience such a delay with lasers.

#22 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Guys are forgetting, that some weapons charge up before they are fired, even after pressing the fire button.

#23 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Some weapons, maybe. An AC shouldn't. I think really only LRMs had any delay before launching, but I don't know. Most of it is just lag or a glitch in the system. Otherwise, the AC 20 wouldn't be considered a close range brawling weapon if it had that much of a delay between pulling the trigger and firing. It should be an occasional "problem" for any weapon to have a delay at some points, especially if you just got hit with a PPC, which is known to mess up electronics in a mech, including possibly the firing controls and targeting computers. For a short moment of course.

Consider an AC like a rifle. When you pull the trigger on the rifle, it doesn't delay in shooting. Consider an LRM somewhat like a mortar. You go to fire that, it's got to drop down first, and then launch out.

Overall, I don't know. We are talking about a technology that doesn't exist in today's age. By the books, they never mentioned a delay between pushing the trigger and the weapon firing. They do mention a lot of near misses though, which I do wonderfully experience. Like my shot going right between the arm and the torso. Or just over their shoulder... :)

#24 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

People have been experiencing jamming of weapons other than UAC/5 recently. That may be the cause of problems now.

#25 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostStingz, on 05 December 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

People have been experiencing jamming of weapons other than UAC/5 recently. That may be the cause of problems now.

NOW WEAPON JAMS ARE DIFFERENT! However, I have not experienced this yet with my AC 20. Though a jam should be fairly rare, but not unheard of. (Except for the Ultra ACs, which are considered lost tech and hard to maintain, thus has more flaws. Good Ultra weapons didn't appear if I'm right till the Clans came, providing more of the tech to be reversed engineered.)

I do wonder if there is going to be an AC 20 LB version soon. I don't recall when those came out, but I thought they where around before the Clan's invaded... I could be wrong. History was never my strong point, even in books.

#26 TechKnight1337

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

I had it happen with my SRM6s yesterday. The "cooldown" bar never went down.

I've also had my mech suddenly stop responding to any commands.

#27 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Funnily enough I had this happen to my UAC5s today. It wasn't the normal weapon jammed but rather that it didn't cool down. First one went then the other

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users