One Question/fallacy About Ecm

21 replies to this topic

#21 TwoFaced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

ok ok ok..lol

So, we have ecm that does 360 jamming, but have radar that can hardly do 180....lol does that make any dayum sense either?

ok ok ok lol

There was once a nice radar system developed by the motherland, and put into a nice twin tail mig. This radar system was the best in the world, only problem was it would interfer with wingmans radar, so it was scrapped. Think we have same situation here, lolol.

ok ok ok....funny how most missle weapons fired today are either line of site (like the streak, but u have to have a tag for us today), and most long range are guided by sat systems or line of sight spotters like tag (and I say tag = ground spotters and laser guided from aircraft as well)...and what is reason for that? um jamming, and by this jamming, most all signals are jammed not just one sides signal. Air to air are mostly self guided, but ground to ground and air/sea to ground are guided by either a laser, eye or sat system.

You would thunkededed that this far in future they would have sat systems like this, oh my they did, just not in the game as of yet.

#22 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostTwoFaced, on 05 December 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

ok ok ok..lol

So, we have ecm that does 360 jamming, but have radar that can hardly do 180....lol does that make any dayum sense either?

ok ok ok lol

There was once a nice radar system developed by the motherland, and put into a nice twin tail mig. This radar system was the best in the world, only problem was it would interfer with wingmans radar, so it was scrapped. Think we have same situation here, lolol.

ok ok ok....funny how most missle weapons fired today are either line of site (like the streak, but u have to have a tag for us today), and most long range are guided by sat systems or line of sight spotters like tag (and I say tag = ground spotters and laser guided from aircraft as well)...and what is reason for that? um jamming, and by this jamming, most all signals are jammed not just one sides signal. Air to air are mostly self guided, but ground to ground and air/sea to ground are guided by either a laser, eye or sat system.

You would thunkededed that this far in future they would have sat systems like this, oh my they did, just not in the game as of yet.

you've got a good point a lot of the time i've spoken about old mechwarriors using the satuplink system which is why the pressence of mechs could still be spotted behind building like MW2 and missles held on homing so long as you achieved lock on when firing like in MW3. you know those tittles the one's that inspired the fans of today and although this is supposed to be 30th century technology, the popular mechanics have been dismissed and radar is getting worse all the time. i don't even use it anymore... it's that redundant.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users