Known Background and source information of the Free Rasalhague Republic

115 replies to this topic

#41 McSpasticpants

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

I've joined FRR after reading up on the background and looking at the mechs at their disposal. I'm more than happy to join as a medium pilot, and look forward to fighting with you (thanks for the background info.)

#42 Korvas

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

I'm happy to be here & I do love the Mead.

So, when the Clans invade next year... will the Devs be piloting the Mechs against us? We're supposed to take the brunt of it after all. Thoughts?

#43 Orcinus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationYour Left Flank

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostKorvas, on 27 June 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

So, when the Clans invade next year... will the Devs be piloting the Mechs against us? We're supposed to take the brunt of it after all. Thoughts?

At this point, nobody knows how PGI is going to handle the Clan invasion.

As for thoughts, I say stand fast, keep your trigger finger flexed, and give them hell.

#44 Catzklawz

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Awesome thread, least ways we have a better understanding of "who, why, where" Thanks

I originally picked the FRR due to Norse heritage, but having the background confirms it.

#45 Valhakar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I didn't see the most important thing on the first line of the post. How to pronounce the darn thing. We are now a gaming world with VoIP. People need to know how to say "Rasalhague"

Rasalhague - Raz(soft z or hard s) - al - haig

Pronunciation linked below

I hope this helps.

Edited by Valhakar, 02 July 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#46 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostValhakar, on 02 July 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

I didn't see the most important thing on the first line of the post. How to pronounce the darn thing. We are now a gaming world with VoIP. People need to know how to say "Rasalhague"

I hope this helps.

I hereby nominate this post for the "Most Helpful Ever" award.

#47 Grimm Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKristianstad, Sweden

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

I hope this helps.

Cool...

I still prefer my own pronunciation of it though... sounds more Swedish/Scandinavian that way. This one sounds to American/English. :huh:

#48 Calisrue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

last two syllables need to be more clipped and dude saying it obviously had no accent that fit... think faster and softer ... and a bit more gutteral

#49 WolfenTalon

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

And likely with some trilling of the leading 'R'. This would be my educated guess, considering that I'm of Danish descent but don't speak the language unfortunately. But occasionally, I believe, my ancestral blood/genetic memory grants me epiphanous moments of clarity through the haze of heavy metal and din of battle; for these are the soundtrack of my consciousness. ;)

#50 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

what I want to know is what's the point in having 'major general' when they don't have any other kinds of general >.> typically there's four ranks to general, brig major lieutenant and 'general' (not including the general of, which is really just a wartime means of putting one guy in charge of everyone else without stepping on egos)

#51 Valhakar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostCalisrue, on 03 July 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

last two syllables need to be more clipped and dude saying it obviously had no accent that fit... think faster and softer ... and a bit more gutteral

View PostWolfenTalon, on 05 July 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

And likely with some trilling of the leading 'R'. This would be my educated guess, considering that I'm of Danish descent but don't speak the language unfortunately. But occasionally, I believe, my ancestral blood/genetic memory grants me epiphanous moments of clarity through the haze of heavy metal and din of battle; for these are the soundtrack of my consciousness. ;)

Actually the sound clip is from an astronomy website. The pronunciation is accurate for "common" linguistics and if you want to be understood by anyone ACTUALLY making a sky chart. First time I get a role-play nutter on the lance channel trilling the "r" and correcting my common pronunciation, I will have to kneecap the *******.

I always found the books/fan fiction to be trite and overly asinine, in a Ben Bova sorta way. It's a fact that language diverts without outside influence into a new form every 4-6 generations. Its why we have the term dialect. If you think thousand of years of planetary struggle AND being occupied would leave anything resembling a modern day language, you need to put down what you are smoking and pass it to the next guy/gal.

Edited by Valhakar, 05 July 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#52 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

i do tend to say it with a silent second a (rach.l.haig) but to be honest i have no clue... It is more german then swedish any way.

#53 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

heh, I been saying it Ross el hog, sounds cooler that way :D

#54 WolfenTalon

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostValhakar, on 05 July 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Actually the sound clip is from an astronomy website. The pronunciation is accurate for "common" linguistics and if you want to be understood by anyone ACTUALLY making a sky chart. First time I get a role-play nutter on the lance channel trilling the "r" and correcting my common pronunciation, I will have to kneecap the *******.

Relax, nobody is insulting your honor here. Like I said previously, it was a guess based upon my own limited experience, and apparently an erroneous one at that. It was also intended to me more or less tongue-in-cheek. Incidentally, I'm genuinely curious; why should the spoken pronunciation matter when one is creating a sky chart that's intended to just be read and not spoken aloud?

#55 Juzu

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostVeiledMalice, on 26 May 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

They were jealous of Lego Land.

Lol, maybe we are... :)

#56 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostMagnus Grimm, on 25 May 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Simpler Version: We're drunken Space Vikings with giant robots who rebelled against against the Space Japanese (Draconis Combine) for being tightasses (oppressing us). We're all about "FREEEEEDDDOOOMMM!!!!" (Democracy).

We're also supposedly doomed to be conquered by genetically enhanced supermen (Clans) using ultra-hightech giant robots (loot), eventually merging cultures (drinking together enough) to form a new (more badass) space government (Ghost Bear Dominion); but we're confident with high firepower and morale (alcohol) we will win the day (decades of grueling warfare).

Be a Kickass Space Viking! Join the Free Rasalhague Republic Today!

Also, we should probably move to pin this, or bump it at least. That way newbies with an interest in the faction have the info readily available.

I wanted to be a Merc, but reading that i might want to be a space viking

#57 Sandflake

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBodø, Norway

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

I hope this helps.

i like my norwegian pronunciation of it better, but i find the AGUE part a little non-scandinavian.

#58 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

Just an update to one of my previous comments:

According to the forums statistics post

http://mwomercs.com/...g-free-edition/

There are now close to twice as many players declared for the FRR as there were mechwarriors in the canon FRR mech regiments.

So, are you planning to upgrade to dual seat cockpits, or take turns?

#59 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

If the FRR now has twice as many mechs as canon, we re-write history. The future is ours!

#60 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 16 July 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

If the FRR now has twice as many mechs as canon, we re-write history. The future is ours!

I didn't say anything about Mechs, just Mechwarriors.

At this rate i see the FRR becoming a Mech version of Russia in WWI

"Jim, go get them!"
"Bob, wait here, once Jim dies we'll patch up that Mech and get you in the fight."
"Roger, your after Bob."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users