Ecm Really Ruins This Game For Normal Players Like Me

198 replies to this topic

#21 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

@haruko: Could be - of course and you never know.

But why I opened that thread is, that it is really getting more tough for PUGs and new players, which means many will just try it and stop playing which is very bad for the whole game and us.

AND PLEASE: Stop Pug bashing - I am playing most time as a Pug. Not because I don't want to use TS, I also do this, but only if I have more than an hour in a row the time to play. And since I am working and also have real life tasks I can't play so much (but would love to :( ) .

From my point of view we need also more love for PUGs and also newbees, because the game can't survive just with the hardcore community. Just my thoughts....

@bensphynx: Thanks for your post - this is exactly what I mean and what I realized while playing.

Edited by Plut0, 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#22 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I pug exclusively and haven't seen a difference in how awesome I am. Not sure if trolling or just terrible player.

Edited by gregsolidus, 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#23 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostAgelmar, on 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

It has added a whole complex new level of strategy. Much needed. Fun. Deal with it.

Funny. I thought that is what he was trying to do?

#24 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostBuzzkillin, on 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I thought of the same thing about streaks having a dumb fire mode, but the only issue if it did, it would void out the regular srms.

No, streaks weigh more.

#25 Quazil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

#26 Hysteria

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

You need to play on a team. You obviously sound like you hate losing, so quit denying yourself to most essential asset in this glorious game...a team. You don't have to join a hardcore unit, because frankly not all teams are going to be hardcore. Just find some people you can hang out with and go play some team games in this team oriented game.

#27 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostHysteria, on 05 December 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

You need to play on a team. You obviously sound like you hate losing, so quit denying yourself to most essential asset in this glorious game...a team. You don't have to join a hardcore unit, because frankly not all teams are going to be hardcore. Just find some people you can hang out with and go play some team games in this team oriented game.

I don't want to do that. I have a bunch of friends that I play team games with, and if this game ever gets a campaign/PvE mode, they will start playing, but not until then.

In the meantime, I still have to figure out how to play around the bugs when they keep fixing all the ways around the bugs, but not the bugs!

#28 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

I am not trolling nor a terrible player - I would say i am a average player with just enough time to play this 2-5 hours a week. But also want to have some fun and with ECM this just drops :(.

also communication got even worse. Before you could type a target "A" or "B" now you don't even get the target information. Haven't even mentioned, that you don't see if somebody is in trouble and needs help...

@Hysteria: Good advice, also did that already a bunch of times, but there should also be a possibility for just joining a game and have fun or to communicate in game, but both things are missing, making it (yeah I know i repeat myself) very hard for new players to get in the game => No more new players => game won't be successful => :blink:

Edited by Plut0, 05 December 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#29 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

My point still stands. The game seems to be working fine for myself and many others.

#30 Xenophontis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I started out last night positive 50 games and now I'm positive 75. Strap on an ECm to your D-DC and flock the pubs behind you, proceed to stomp. Won 20 games in a row and didn't die once. Best addition yet.

#31 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostXenophontis, on 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I started out last night positive 50 games and now I'm positive 75. Strap on an ECm to your D-DC and flock the pubs behind you, proceed to stomp. Won 20 games in a row and didn't die once. Best addition yet.

Which is a sign that ECM is a must have and that's very bad for the game at all...

#32 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Once people figure out how to play with ECM, everything will get better. It's day 2 after a new patch with a big change. You can't just go around saying something sucks before you've had a real chance to play with it.

ECM mechs get good XP rewards for scouting, and there are plenty of them. Yes, it would be nice if the matchmaker guaranteed your team will have at least one, but that's not going to happen just yet.

The 8v8s are a different story and a different problem.

#33 Nonoka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

yeah but only if you play in a group and have the possibility to talk and coordinate. If you just want to play a little bit it just got more complex and frustrating than before, which is not really good for attracting and keeping new players.

I had no problems with streak cats and gaus whatever but this is from my perspective just way less fun than before.

Oh my god and **** me sideways, you mean I have to actually play as part of a team in a TEAM BASED game?

Just F'n stop there, nothing is preventing you from coordinating with your team except you. Don't try to pull that BS new player card. Your parents and your schools lied to you, you are not a special snowflake, get over it.

#34 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Anyone who relies mostly on something like LRMs or Streaks is merely creating their own problems; versatility is key. It was true in tabletop, and with the implementation of ECM, it is true here. I for one have enjoyed the added layer of complexity. I pilot a Jenner primarily, armed with four sm lasers and two Streak SRM 2s. How does this affect me? I target non-ECM mechs with my streaks and lasers, and ECM carriers with just my lasers. I identify the ECM carriers and coordinate via chat (yes, TEXT chat) where the ECM folks are. We gang up on them and kill them as best we can. Lights now have to act like actual recon/harassment mechs. Attack, lead targets away from the safety of the ECM blanket, then your buddies destroy them. Can the ECMs be dumbed down? Sure, I suppose that is an option, but I don't see a problem with it. Learn to adapt your TACTICS and you will prevail. This is not really a casual game, per se. I'm no pro player; I might get five matches in a night, and I have a horrible K/D ratio, but I'm having fun...which means I don't care. If you can't find a way to enjoy this game, then perhaps it is not for you? I'm not ******* the OP, just pointing out that if you can't find a way to outhink ECM, this is definitely not the game for you.

#35 LethalMezzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I find it really frustrating right now because people still aren't bloody communicating.

Usually I can roughly tell where the enemy team are because I can see them on my radar whenever someone presses R but with ECM that doesn't happen.

With ECM it means scouts have to use good ol' text chat and their eyes but apparently most people don't bother, so I get completely stomped by enemies our scouts should have been calling out.

Edited by LethalMezzle, 05 December 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#36 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

yeah but only if you play in a group and have the possibility to talk and coordinate. If you just want to play a little bit it just got more complex and frustrating than before, which is not really good for attracting and keeping new players.

I had no problems with streak cats and gaus whatever but this is from my perspective just way less fun than before.

Simply not true as our 8v8 matches died down last night I went puggin guess what. Everyone stuck together and we were kickin butt 4 games straight. Yeah Pugs did it. I happen to type fast enough to call targets sooo. Fail.

#37 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

^

#38 Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSt Catharines, Ontario.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I've pretty much switched over to direct fire now since the ECM has been added. mewguasskittymew

#39 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

How can you call targets if you can't target them correctly ?

#40 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Do you not know the names of the mechs you are shooting?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users