Ecm Really Ruins This Game For Normal Players Like Me

198 replies to this topic

#41 Drake Morgan

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

It's called "ECM Commando moving through hex F5". That easy.

#42 Doomie77

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationModesto, Ca

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostKorm, on 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

yes, it ruins the game for strekcats - now you have to use srms and aim or bring a friend to neuter hostile ecm.

ECM brought more variety to the game, now you can use and be useful ravens/cicadas/commandos.

The patch nerfed the thing that was broken - 360 no scope streakcat.

They could have nerfed the thing that was broken by directly addressing it. Look what we have now? pffft.

#43 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

How can you call targets if you can't target them correctly ?

Just give them the grid, then go the other way, maybe try to cap while your teammates distract the enemy.

#44 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

OP in reply i say this,you want it to be fun, try this try co ordinate your team (it is hard on most ocations) try find a couple pals or a team, try different mechs tactics. Its not just about KDR. Im not trying to be a wiseguy just some simple hints hope that helps.

#45 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

No I pug and if anything it has increased the communication in pugs which can only be a good thing.

#46 AlexWildeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 549 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hi,

please change something with the ecm, the game is just no more fun. It is only hug the ecm mech ang hope your team has at least two of them, so one maybe won't suck. At the end mostly it is team with more ecm wins. And by the way you mostly see just altas dc-c and ravens out there not so much fun anymore :)...

I am always playing Hunchback - No streaks but the game like this is just not fun anymore. As long as you play as a PUG your more screwed than before. And if you are a new player you feel like the game really sucks.

this is the way the game will just be for a small hardcore group and will just vanish over time. Very sad.

I am open to any hint how to play as a pug and have fun again. But at the moment I have no clue.

A very sad BT Fan who really liked to play :lol:.

Cheers

ECM has finally turned this game back into mechwarrior online. Battle Tech missiles were just a support weapon, in this game it became way out of proportion, battle were devolving into nothing but missile rainbows, the balance has been restored.

#47 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

ECM is a nice addition. No more noobish misslespamming and a lot of tactical plays in 8vs8. I know it sounds harsh, but I could not care less for PuGs at this very moment. Had to play a couple of games in Opens today and the lack of skill was disgusting. So happy to have 8vs8 back. Finally it becomes challenging again.

And whooooohoooo, now that it is not the premades ruining a PuGGies life no more, it is the ECM.... :)

Edited by Noakei Siegel, 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#48 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

OP...explain to us what makes you a 'normal' player.

#49 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I think he gave up.

#50 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostAlexWildeagle, on 05 December 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

ECM has finally turned this game back into mechwarrior online. Battle Tech missiles were just a support weapon, in this game it became way out of proportion, battle were devolving into nothing but missile rainbows, the balance has been restored.

I would much rather see combined arms which is what we had before over everyone rushing to the center under ECM shields to brawl as it is now

#51 FallenFactol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTulsa

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

[color=#959595]
ECM is awesome. The game actually feels like Mechwarrior again, not mobile missile artillery warrior. MW has been more about brawling then about missiles. Missiles are support weapons, in tabletop a team with nothing but missiles will lose. Yes missiles have their place and the ECM can use a slight decrease, though I think PGI did the right thing and the game is better for it.
[/color]

[color=#959595]
[/color]

#52 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostFelix, on 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

I would much rather see combined arms which is what we had before over everyone rushing to the center under ECM shields to brawl as it is now

That's what they were doing before.

Edited by gregsolidus, 05 December 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#53 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostNoakei Siegel, on 05 December 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

ECM is a nice addition. No more noobish misslespamming and a lot of tactical plays in 8vs8. I know it sounds harsh, but I could not care less for PuGs at this very moment. Had to play a couple of games in Opens today and the lack of skill was disgusting. So happy to have 8vs8 back. Finally it becomes challenging again.

The same thing can be said about Army of SSRM boater that Blind and kill any thing that did not have SSRM.
ECM did something about it at last and I can finely enjoy the game after tow week of this silly Crap going on.

#54 Korm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostPr8Dator, on 05 December 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

No it doesn't. :) i still bag about 2 kills average whenever I run my streakcat. You guys make it sound like every single mech has ecm or are covered by one... NOT! hahhahah! There's always that 2 to 3 mechs that are not covered and its your job to seek them out. They are no longer served to you on a platter, thats the difference and its a good difference. Makes the whole gameplay more tactical.

I can't agree with this post more. It's nice to hear that you're still having fun with your streakcat.

View PostBuzzkillin, on 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I thought of the same thing about streaks having a dumb fire mode, but the only issue if it did, it would void out the regular srms.

normal SMRs let you take more ammo per ton, SRM2 also weight less than SSRM2.

#55 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi Guys,...new here,..so sorry for a dumb question. But what does PUG stand for??

#56 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Pick Up Group.

#57 Leroy Jenkens

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 05 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

This is not true.

If you are not running streaks or LRMs, nothing has changed.

You just cant use radar as a crutch anymore, you have to have more situational awarness and look for the mechs, rather than waiting for the radar *blip*.

Nope normal players love the game. OP loves it too but he [hasn't] figure [d] it out [yet]. Thanks for correcting his feelings for him.

Maybe if he and everyone else who's still waiting for a patch to be better than the last will wake up and realize this is the perfect game. Maybe someday it will even surpass their last mega hit.

Edited by Helmer, 06 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.
Slightly edited for offensive content.

#58 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Many people seem to disagree with him with actual cogent arguments.it impossible for him to be wrong, right?

#59 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Back again - just played 2 more matches - bith times no ECM mechs in team, 2 times got beaten really bad :lol:.

But maybe I just need to give up parts of my understanding of the game - it is more a pure team game, and you need to have a team and a chat possibility. If there are 2 lone wolfs in the game not playing team you have already lost... ok that ewas before ecm just got a little worse.

My only hope is that this will be enough to also attract new players, but we will see.

I really didn't wanted to offend anybody - just wanted to see if anybody is seeing like me or not.

At the end what we really would need is a working matchmaking & maybe a ECM in each team or in none. Hope for that in the future :)

Edited by Plut0, 05 December 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#60 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

They aren't, use the chat box like the normal player you say you are and stay together. PUGing is only as hard you make it now that premades are doing their own thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users