Ecm Really Ruins This Game For Normal Players Like Me

198 replies to this topic

#1 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi,

please change something with the ecm, the game is just no more fun. It is only hug the ecm mech ang hope your team has at least two of them, so one maybe won't suck. At the end mostly it is team with more ecm wins. And by the way you mostly see just altas dc-c and ravens out there not so much fun anymore :(...

I am always playing Hunchback - No streaks but the game like this is just not fun anymore. As long as you play as a PUG your more screwed than before. And if you are a new player you feel like the game really sucks.

this is the way the game will just be for a small hardcore group and will just vanish over time. Very sad.

I am open to any hint how to play as a pug and have fun again. But at the moment I have no clue.

A very sad BT Fan who really liked to play :blink:.

Cheers

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is not true.

If you are not running streaks or LRMs, nothing has changed.

You just cant use radar as a crutch anymore, you have to have more situational awarness and look for the mechs, rather than waiting for the radar *blip*.

Edited by Roughneck45, 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#3 Agelmar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

It has added a whole complex new level of strategy. Much needed. Fun. Deal with it.

#4 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yes because the ability to press R instantly strips the armor and weapons off your foe.

#5 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

yeah but only if you play in a group and have the possibility to talk and coordinate. If you just want to play a little bit it just got more complex and frustrating than before, which is not really good for attracting and keeping new players.

I had no problems with streak cats and gaus whatever but this is from my perspective just way less fun than before.

Edited by Plut0, 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#6 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

I find running my Atlas turns me into a huge target. I mean I can handle a single mech, but with that ECM badge on me, I get cored pretty quick.

So no, I think its a risk and reward to run ECM, you can block or counter other ecm, but you also become a target.

I love running my other mechs as I don't have to worry about it.. Yes LRM boats are hurt bad from this, but its all in how its played. You can't rely on an LRM boat now..

My hunch 4p could care less..

I think the SSRM's should have the option to be set to dumbfire mode, to make up for not being able to lock on.

Edited by Mazgazine1, 05 December 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#7 HasHman

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMIDDLETOWN OHIO

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

the ppl that are crying are the missle whores who just sit back and wait for a radar hit a lob there missles plz dont change a thing if u cant use your eyes u dont need to be playin anyways

#8 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

yeah but only if you play in a group and have the possibility to talk and coordinate. If you just want to play a little bit it just got more complex and frustrating than before, which is not really good for attracting and keeping new players.

Please explain how it got more complex.

No seriously, please explain. Because most new players don't even press R so ECM shouldn't be affecting them at all except for the ones who run trials with LRM's and get confused that they can't lock on I guess.

#9 Korm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

yes, it ruins the game for strekcats - now you have to use srms and aim or bring a friend to neuter hostile ecm.

ECM brought more variety to the game, now you can use and be useful ravens/cicadas/commandos.

The patch nerfed the thing that was broken - 360 no scope streakcat.

#10 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Postharuko, on 05 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Please explain how it got more complex.

No seriously, please explain. Because most new players don't even press R so ECM shouldn't be affecting them at all except for the ones who run trials with LRM's and get confused that they can't lock on I guess.

I think you need to read in between what the OP is saying. It's not about ruining 'new' players, it's about PUGs/new players. Not all PUGs are noobs who don't know how to lock targets or focus fire on targets their team mates have locked onto.

It definitely does make it harder for PUGs. Having said that though the problem is really improving the education of piloting a mech well and playing together as a team. The first point can be addressed with better help/tutorials/introduction content. The second point ... we can all keep dreaming.

#11 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostKorm, on 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

yes, it ruins the game for strekcats - now you have to use srms and aim or bring a friend to neuter hostile ecm.

ECM brought more variety to the game, now you can use and be useful ravens/cicadas/commandos.

The patch nerfed the thing that was broken - 360 no scope streakcat.

No it doesn't. :( i still bag about 2 kills average whenever I run my streakcat. You guys make it sound like every single mech has ecm or are covered by one... NOT! hahhahah! There's always that 2 to 3 mechs that are not covered and its your job to seek them out. They are no longer served to you on a platter, thats the difference and its a good difference. Makes the whole gameplay more tactical.

#12 Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostHasHman, on 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

the ppl that are crying are the missle whores who just sit back and wait for a radar hit a lob there missles plz dont change a thing if u cant use your eyes u dont need to be playin anyways

Unsupported assumption is unsupported.

If there was a problem with the functionality of missiles, that should have been addressed directly. Adding a piece of equipment that punishes lone wolves and completely neuters the missiles is not a "fix."

#13 Plut0

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

First I am no missle ***** - I have 3 hunchies and the only missle I ever had in em are my 2 srm6 with Artemis.

I try to explain: I played about 15 matches today and it was always the team with ECM won (with max 2 mechs dead) It just seems to be a must have for each team - and then you also must have the luck, that the ecm player can play at least a little. And as everybody knows you can only communicate with your team by typing, which is during batlle impossible. And you really need to communicate to use ecm with the team efficient (which is nothing bad, but with current limitations just not doable).

And an other point is, now most mechs stay in ecm bubble and you don't even see where their damaged areas are - makes also less sense for me. It is a really important information which area is damaged (at least was for me).

Do you get what I mean or did I just had a bad day with matchmaking :( ?

by the way - LRMs got even more useless or (especially in pug games) ? Don't get me wrong - I nevered liked LRMs but they also should be there and useful.

Edited by Plut0, 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#14 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Hi,

First I am no missle ***** - I have 3 hunchies and the only missle I ever had in em are my 2 srm6 with Artemis.

I try to explain: I played about 15 matches today and it was always the team with ECM won (with max 2 mechs dead) It just seems to be a must have for each team - and then you also must have the luck, that the ecm player can play at least a little. And as everybody knows you can only communicate with your team by typing, which is during batlle impossible. And you really need to communicate to use ecm with the team efficient (which is nothing bad, but with current limitations just not doable).

Do you get what I mean or did I just had a bad day with matchmaking :blink: ?

You just had a bad day... take a break. :(

#15 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostHasHman, on 05 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

"People" "Please" and "you"

Kinda funny that you can take the time to spell out your but not you. Stop being so ******* lazy, its not hard to use real words.

And I love the unsupported missile whores comment.

#16 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostMazgazine1, on 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

I find running my Atlas turns me into a huge target. I mean I can handle a single mech, but with that ECM badge on me, I get cored pretty quick.

So no, I think its a risk and reward to run ECM, you can block or counter other ecm, but you also become a target.

I love running my other mechs as I don't have to worry about it.. Yes LRM boats are hurt bad from this, but its all in how its played. You can't rely on an LRM boat now..

My hunch 4p could care less..

I think the SSRM's should have the option to be set to dumbfire mode, to make up for not being able to lock on.

I thought of the same thing about streaks having a dumb fire mode, but the only issue if it did, it would void out the regular srms.

#17 David Decoster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationBrugge, Belgium, Terra

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

About time something made the game a bit harder for the mindless puggies. 2 Thumbs up for the ECM implementation PGI! :(

#18 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostPlut0, on 05 December 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Hi,

I try to explain: I played about 15 matches today and it was always the team with ECM won (with max 2 mechs dead)

Did you ever consider that maybe they were just 4 man premades?

#19 bensphynx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

My StreakCat now has a set of 6 SRM6's, and I'm loving it. Two close range volleys are often enough to take out a medium from the front.

That said, I think ECM is bad for the game, from a pugger point of view. When your 'teammates' do not communicate, the automatic radar / map information was vital. I'm seeing a lot more games where one side gets annihilated 8:1 or 8:2, rather than the match actually being interesting and close, because multiple successive people are blundering into an enemy group that contains ECM, not realizing that they are heavily outnumbered; previously one person did that, and everyone else nearby saw on their radar that there were 4+ enemy mechs there, and then did not make the same mistake.

#20 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostAgelmar, on 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

It has added a whole complex new level of strategy. Much needed. Fun. Deal with it.

I'll take the time to explain the new complexity (because it is quite complicated):

1) Jenner-D has been replaced by the Raven-3L (Same thing with longer legs and no JJ's)
2) streaks are exactly the same (-shake), only difference is that only the team with more ECM gets to use them now: lights in the team with less ecm are cannon fodder.

Ergo: more ecm+streaks=win against any light.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users