$20 bet that 80% of the ECM supporters are running ECM boats

#62 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostTilon, on 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

If lock-on isn't skill, I don't see how equipping a tiny module that makes lock-ons impossible is skill, either.

There's no such thing as an ECM that hides your heat or metallic signature. Currently, we have Everything Counter Measures.

Why would anyone ever equip an AMS if 1.5 tons makes you completely unlockable to LRMs?

Tilon, I'm on your side man. lol ECM is ********. I literally just stopped using anything that has missiles. In addition, I don't even mind if they made streaks lock on for every fire. I can keep my sights on targets for days.

#63 Shock Wave

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I think many of you are missing the overall point here. ECM is a new weapon in the MW:O arsenal and everyone is learning how to deal with it. Just as in in real combat, when a force runs into something they've never experienced before it takes them time to figure out a new strategy. ECM is not the end all be all of Mech Warrior. With as many machines on the front lines running ECM it is easy to counter it with another ECM unit.. Once countered it's combat as usual. LRMs and streaks are no longer jammed. I should also point out that those mechs running with ECM show up on the HUD. Basic tactics should dictate that you destroy that mech ASAP. Also remember that TAG works out to 450 meters and if I remember correctly will target a mech inside of the 200 meter radius that ECM generates. All in all I think ECM is fine, it just gives us new options and makes us find new tactics to counter it. It also makes all users learn how to aim their direct fire weapons. ( AC's, srms, and lasers still work well against ECM.)

This is just my opinion. Do with it what you will. All I know is that I still enjoy playing this game and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I see MW:O as a thinking persons FPS.

#64 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postbioscmos303, on 05 December 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

bye bye mwo was short and sweet

Van Halen said it best...

#65 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostMouseNo4, on 05 December 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

People like mindless shooters. Guess what, this isn't a CoD clone. (O M G ORLY???)

always amazes me how people think "choose ecm capable mech" or similarly obvious things like "don't overheat" or "shoot what's hurt" makes mwo a thinking man's shooter

#66 Harmatia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 434 posts
  • LocationRed Deer, AB

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostTilon, on 05 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

You have to be at close range to counter ECM currently. From longer range, ECM is not counterable. Even Active Probe is worthless against it, and it was about worthless anyway.

Hilarious, how bad this is balanced. For the price of a heatsink and a half, never be shot at by an LRM again!

Tell me, if you can make LRMs obsolete with 1.5 tons, why would anyone use an AMS?

That alone proves it's broken game design. The only reason everyone doesn't replace their AMS with ECM, is that the devs won't let them.

I heard MWO has scout mechs. Maybe they should, you know... scout?

#67 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostShock Wave, on 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I think many of you are missing the overall point here. ECM is a new weapon in the MW:O arsenal and everyone is learning how to deal with it...

No, you are missing the point: The only reason that missile-boats are even around is that the netcode (lag) is so bad that many of us quite simply CANNOT hit fast lights with direct fire weapons; it's not a lack of skill, it's not that we're lazy, it's that our computer and the server disagree about where the enemy is. I have a great video of me hitting a Jenner with 4 volleys of 6xSRM6, what should have been some significant fraction of 360 damage... and doing exactly squat.

So now ECM is the absolute counter to missile boats, which were the only counter to fast lights, which are the mechs that most often mount ECM, so they have pretty much NO counter, now. Worse, since I PUG exclusively, much of the time I am in a group of trial mechs, I have slow light mechs without ECM in my group, if our opponents include a premade, they will almost certainly have more ECM than we do, which, exaggeration aside, is a pretty big advantage.

Now, put yourself in the position of a new player: You just signed up, downloaded the game, hopped into the light trial mech thinking that at least you won't be taking up a valuable slot in your group (!), and the next thing you know, you are staring at the smoldering rubble that used to be your mech as an enemy you never saw bounds past you to destroy the rest of your group. Are you going to stick around in a game like that? Are you going to pay for it?! I think not.

View PostHarmatia, on 05 December 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I heard MWO has scout mechs. Maybe they should, you know... scout?

Why should I scout with my 25-ton ECM mech when I can just circle around a heavy or assault and nibble it to death?

#68 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

haha so true p00k.

All these ECM "counters" people are using as their reasoning of what is great should play more PUGs, basically if your team happens to not have a mech with ECM and you have missiles, your fffuuuuuuuuu. It's not worth the risk to run anything that has streaks or LRMs in PUGs anymore.

It's really funny to me that a lot of the people that love ECM usually think streaks are ******** right now, then I go play and whaddya know? ECM guys are using streaks. hypocrites.

Edited by LOWJACKCITY, 05 December 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#69 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

haha so true p00k.

All these ECM "counters" people are using as their reasoning of what is great should play more PUGs, basically if your team happens to not have a mech with ECM and you have missiles, your fffuuuuuuuuu. It's not worth the risk to run anything that has streaks or LRMs in PUGs anymore.

It's really funny to me that a lot of the people that love ECM usually think streaks are ******** right now, then I go play and whaddya know? ECM guys are using streaks. hypocrites.

Oh yea, the whole point is that an ECM mech that can ALSO mount missiles is a serious threat. Hence all the Commandos running around all of a sudden...

#70 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

the ecm - its just makes all runs startand end the same if all stay together....
when all other users will notice that - it will make the game not fun to play and it will kill it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users