Missile Boat Tears Are Delicious

84 replies to this topic

#1 Turboferret

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Having a mech that only has locking weapons that didn't require aiming was a privilege, not an entitlement.

Anyone crying about ECMs forget that every other weapon in the game (that require actual aiming) is completely unaffected, and all ECM does is remove missle-ezmode.

#2 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Aiming is so easy! Why do some people seem to think pointing and clicking is worthy of so much self praise? Ye gads.

#3 Deadoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostOzric, on 05 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Aiming is so easy! Why do some people seem to think pointing and clicking is worthy of so much self praise? Ye gads.

It's harder than having the computer do the aiming for you.

#4 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostAzrael1911, on 05 December 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Having a mech that only has locking weapons that didn't require aiming was a privilege, not an entitlement.

Anyone crying about ECMs forget that every other weapon in the game (that require actual aiming) is completely unaffected, and all ECM does is remove missle-ezmode.

I see. So the solution to LRMs/Streaks is to render them utterly useless with ECM in play, then.

No, they're not a bloody "privilege", any more than your AC/20 doing 20 damage is. Right now, ECM actually does worse things that how it works in TT. ECM negates all the fancy bonuses to LRMs, it doesn't render them impossible to fire normally by reducing targeting ranges to 200m or less. ECM doesn't prevent Streaks from firing, it turns them into expensive versions of conventional SRMs.

In MWO, it prevents missile lock entirely, rendering Streaks unable to fire in ANY form and leaving LRMs as dumb-fired missiles an Atlas can outrun- worse than MRM's will be.

WTF on THAT.

#5 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

If that were the case why would anyone use streaks? They weigh 50% more than SRM 2. If aiming was trivial, I would save some weight by equipping the SRM variant. If weight wasn't an issue, than I would bump it up to the SRM 4 or SRM 6.

Edited by Jman5, 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#6 Turboferret

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostDeadoon, on 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Exactly, I just don't understand why people are going "A1 is unusable, boohoo" when it's still extremely deadly with SRMs.

#7 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Actually it was an entitlement, especially since there are mechs that, by default, only have LRMs. It required a different set of skills (knowing when you would actually be able to hit a target, needing teammates to scout for you, etc).

#8 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Just the brawlers patting themselves on the back :)

View PostDeadoon, on 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Never tried to coordinate LRM support with allies have ya?

Edited by Helmer, 06 December 2012 - 05:03 PM.
Slightly edited for insulting content.

#9 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Uneducated post. LRMS cannot be aimed. Now they cannot get a lock at all. So LRMS are non-viable. So try making your guns deal no damage.

#10 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostFelix, on 05 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Just the brawltards patting themselves on the back :)

Never tried to coordinate LRM support with allies have ya?

Then why are you crying about it if you can still shot the dame things as before the ECM

#11 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

ECM has counters so i dont see a problem with it. well built teams will have ecm/tag scouts so LRMs will still get through if played well...and i bet everyone took there AMS off :)

Edited by Namwons, 05 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#12 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostNightcrept, on 05 December 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Uneducated post. LRMS cannot be aimed. Now they cannot get a lock at all. So LRMS are non-viable. So try making your guns deal no damage.

Use a ECM team mate to get your Lock

Edited by River Walker, 05 December 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#13 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostRiver Walker, on 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Then why are you crying about it if you can still shot the dame things as before the ECM

Not sure if you quoted the wrong person. I never said they could still be shot as before the ECM.

Except for the C4 Streakcat trying to be fire support with a cat is a pain in the ***, it may get better when they release the 750m TAG, or nerf ECM down to a proper level

#14 Kobold

• Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Reminder: Making an entire weapon system useless is not a "fix."

#15 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostNamwons, on 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

ECM has counters so i dont see a problem with it. well built teams will have ecm/tag scouts so LRMs will still get through if played well...and i bet everyone took there AMS off :)

You don't build teams if you pug.

View PostRiver Walker, on 05 December 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Use a ECM team mate to get your Lock

It becomes a numbers game and your ecm has to be in range of theirs and immediately takes fire. And in pug games everyone just follows the ecm mechs on a headlong rush to their doom. I should know because I run a d-dc brawler.

#16 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostKobold, on 05 December 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Sooner or later they will figure that out.

Probably later

#17 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

IMO, this all comes back to teamwork (or the lack of it in pug matches).

Before you could at least rely on the fact that if an ally held aim for a few seconds, you'd end up with a lock for your LRMs. Now, you can't. Using LRMs in LOS of an enemy is a death wish. If you have to get close enough to get your own lock AND have LOS on the enemy, you're better off with some direct-fire weapons.

No teamwork + ECM = LRM now not reliable enough to be used

#18 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Most of the people who play LRM boats are playing on min spec computers. Because of the optimization of the game engine they cant get up close and brawl. My computer EXCEEDS all the specs and I can get a flicker of stuttering in large matches.

But getting on the forums and saying how you are happy that people cant play MWO shows a lack of character, in my opinion.

#19 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Not to mention if you consider LRMs "easymode", consider that your solution is even more "easymode" by those standards.

Heck, you don't have to press a single button. Just stay in the bubble and trot along without a care until you can get to nose-picker range and show off teh l33t skills firing at ranges where missing should be a criminal offense.

Consider that ECM is good enough that in one shot, it dropped the Jenner in utility below the 25,35,and 40 tonners that can pack it. Watching Ravens and Commandos Streak them to death while the ol' standby is feeling the burn? How the mighty are falling.

#20 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostKobold, on 05 December 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Noe is having one that kill off fare game play for 2 weeks.
The only ones Crying about this is the Steak Boater that cant go out and blind then kill what ever it come across.
ECM has put a stop to it at last.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users