When Are We Gonna Get A Coolant Flush Module

3037 replies to this topic

#2901 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postbenth, on 04 March 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Sadly, with what little information that's available the Heavy Gear reboot looks to be very P2W as well.

Isn't it being done by the MekTek guys who abandoned the MW fans to jump onto Heavy Gear? Correct me if I'm wrong.

#2902 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostJadePanther, on 04 March 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

WOOOT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh how unbridled rage can build a community.

#2903 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postbenth, on 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

Oh how unbridled rage can build a community.

The only thing that can truly unite the world is an invasion from space, so we could all hate someone together.

#2904 roguetrdr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Got to say, as someone that has always been "The devs know what they're doing it'll be alright", I'm feeling this is the turning point. As soon as something is P2W, even just a little, I'm turned completely off giving it any more money.
And this is coming from someone who has lots of disposable income and could very well afford to buy my way to the top. I just don't like it one bit.

#2905 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 04 March 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Not that they will listen to us but do you have any suggestions on Coolant Pricing that is single use? Or does anyone have any viable pricing model that would be fair and balanced?

I stated it in another thread, but here goes:

Module, unlocked with 15000 gxp, bought with 6 million cbills, gives 15% total heat reduction (would have to be tuned for balance), only usable once per match.

This is the only fair and balanced way I can see this.

#2906 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostThirdstar, on 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Isn't it being done by the MekTek guys who abandoned the MW fans to jump onto Heavy Gear? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It is, but a quick glance at the benefits you get from 'founding' their title leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by benth, 04 March 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#2907 Heywoods

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

The MWO community is incredible. I don't want to see it ruined by these changes. Its been a short, but great run so far. Don't make us have to leave.

We don't want coolants. We don't want consumables. We don't want a P2W game.

Edited by Heywoods, 05 March 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#2908 DontGetCrabs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostHeywoods, on 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

The MWO community is incredible. I don't want to see it ruined by these changes. It's been a short, but great run so far. Don't make us have to leave.

We don't want coolants, we don't want consumables, we don't want a P2W game.

I want consumables, just not P2W consumables, and i dont want a coolant consumables. Something like a drone, or sat view i think would be a cool consumable.

#2909 Gargoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCoastal Finland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postbenth, on 04 March 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

If we don't voice our concerns before it is implemented then we will be dismissed with "It's a beta."

This game shouldn't try to coerce money out of its customers, it should be good enough to gain goodwill and support from them.

Hard to hear that "goodwill" towards this game when almost .every new thing implemented to game, gets flaming, crying or "this is OP" hammered down.
Money is not coerced, you can choose to pay real money, but you can still use c-bills only, i actually think that you SHOULD get something special if you actually spend real money to game, otherwise there would be no real reason to spend th
at money, since you can get anything in game with ingame currency. Yes, premium time needs mc, but you can achieve all same things without using mc. So i say yes to p2w, you can buy things with money, but you can never, ever buy gaming skill.
...sorry for typos and spelling, i wrote this with cellphone :)

#2910 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Believe me, it wasn't the fans that drove them out of the MW end of the mech/mecha genre.

#2911 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostGargoth, on 04 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Hard to hear that "goodwill" towards this game when almost .every new thing implemented to game, gets flaming, crying or "this is OP" hammered down.
Money is not coerced, you can choose to pay real money, but you can still use c-bills only, i actually think that you SHOULD get something special if you actually spend real money to game, otherwise there would be no real reason to spend th
at money, since you can get anything in game with ingame currency. Yes, premium time needs mc, but you can achieve all same things without using mc. So i say yes to p2w, you can buy things with money, but you can never, ever buy gaming skill.
...sorry for typos and spelling, i wrote this with cellphone :)

Have fun with your dead game when they pull the plug for lack of funds.

#2912 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Posted Image

#2913 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Actually they got their license jerked, effectively the same thing that happened to MW:LL. They went with Heavy Gear because the IP holders actually wanted MekTek to work on the project and they can make money at it, as opposed to constantly losing money on the license they used to have for MW.

I haven't heard anything about it being P2W. I haven't heard anything about it at all aside from it being produced. Got a source? I'm curious to hear.

#2914 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

Actually they got their license jerked, effectively the same thing that happened to MW:LL. They went with Heavy Gear because the IP holders actually wanted MekTek to work on the project and they can make money at it, as opposed to constantly losing money on the license they used to have for MW.

I haven't heard anything about it being P2W. I haven't heard anything about it at all aside from it being produced. Got a source? I'm curious to hear.

https://heavygear.com/pledge

Rewards are on the right.

View PostBudor, on 04 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Your signature is hilarious.

#2915 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

#2916 Iphariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

until now, i was i agreed to most disicions pgi made.. but to introduce the coolant flush is a bad idea (i was really happy they that thgey won't do it -.-).. but the tier system is horrible. give us atleast real equal tiers to buy with cbills or mc. not this bad idea of balancec between tier 1/2 or tier 3

#2917 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hahahaha, when you think about it, PGI really did keep their promise and kept clan invasions on time.

Think about it, PGI is invading our space with never before seen p2w modules and all these opposing forum factions are uniting to fight them off.

COMMUNITY WARFARE RIGHT HERE GUYS.

#2918 ragingmunkyz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

The point that keeps coming up is that we'd all happily welcome new content in many forms, but any content which gives a player an advantage in the game should not be MC only. Its as simple as that. Additionally, there are a TON of things we would gladly give money for (hero mechs, more skins, custom cockpits, mech bays, just to name very few) so its not like we're saying we don't want to support them. I'm more than happy to support the game, I really am, just not with P2W shenanigans.

I'm just hoping that PGI actually look at the backlash this is getting in the community, and do something about it. In the past year, two games with MUCH bigger scifi/fantasy franchises behind them fell apart because the devs absolutely refused to listen to the players. I'm talking, of course, about SWTOR and Diablo III. Those games had much bigger companies behind them, and they thought they could ignore their players and get away with it. They couldn't. The game flopped, and the devs came around begging the players to help them fix it. Learn the lesson. Listen to us now and avoid this inevitable outcome, or you are going to lose a lot of people and a lot of money.

Edited by ragingmunkyz, 04 March 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#2919 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postharuko, on 04 March 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hahahaha, when you think about it, PGI really did keep their promise and kept clan invasions on time.

Think about it, PGI is invading our space with never before seen p2w modules and all these opposing forum factions are uniting to fight them off.

COMMUNITY WARFARE RIGHT HERE GUYS.

Posted Image

"Attention Somerset. I am Star Colonel Paul Inouye of the PGI Pay-to-win Clan. A full modsquad stands ready to conquer your forum with golden coolants. What posters dare oppose us?"

Edited by benth, 04 March 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#2920 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

No ragingmunkyz coolant flush is in no way a good thing. A large portion of core fan base of Mechwarrior/Battletech hate the idea. It made heat management trivial in MW4 and MWLL. It is one of the key features in Battletech. The heat system is a function that makes the game stand out from all the other FPSs, and simulators.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 04 March 2013 - 11:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users