3037 replies to this topic

#3021 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's actually because it invalidates heat as an issue in a team vs. team environment.

I know everyone likes to point the finger at PGI for dumb ideas that make it into the game. But there no longer calling the shots. Big money IGP has stepped in and just started to say do it. If PGI wants to have a game at all they have to. Make sure the blame is going the right way. IGP is the one f****** this game up for money buy adding in stuff PGI said it would not do.

#3022 Josef Nader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 05 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Sorry but there was no valid point made in that referenced point in how it regards coolant flush as P2W. Arty and Airstrikes are a different beast that can be discussed when we know more about it.

I will give you this to prove my sanity (as if I really needed to), if any mech can mount and use Arty and Airstrikes then the P2W barrier could be breached. However if I had to guess, there will be some limits on those items such as requiring the Command Console (1 slot 3.0 tons), and maybe even require that you be the commander on the team to use them. So if only one person gets to use it I would decree that not P2W in the example provided of an entire team loading these things on. Alas time will tell on that subject.

All of the consumables use this model, chief. This includes Arty and Airstrikes. We don't need to wait and see to recognize this garbage as P2W.

Edited by Josef Nader, 05 March 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#3023 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 05 March 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

I know everyone likes to point the finger at PGI for dumb ideas that make it into the game. But there no longer calling the shots. Big money IGP has stepped in and just started to say do it. If PGI wants to have a game at all they have to. Make sure the blame is going the right way. IGP is the one f****** this game up for money buy adding in stuff PGI said it would not do.

I kind of feel bad for them. I can't imagine Garth wants to come back from vacation now. This should wipe out any sort of relaxation he got from it.

#3024 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostTarman, on 05 March 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I kind of feel bad for them. I can't imagine Garth wants to come back from vacation now. This should wipe out any sort of relaxation he got from it.

I hope he is blissfully unaware that this entire shitstorm is going down.

Also, I do not blame Garth. I blame IGP 100% in this, since they are probably demanding more money from a Beta Game.

#3025 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostTarman, on 05 March 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

If some one was doing this to my baby I'd walk.

#3026 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I like the Coolant Module.  It's pretty well balanced, or at least appears to be, and 35% total cooling as a one use thing is hardly game breaking.

BUT

Giving MC purchased consumables either an effectiveness bonus or a "free" module slot is not cool, and the very definition of pay 2 win.

As has been outlined before, and will be again:
Player A:
T3 Cooling
T3 Airstrike
T3 Artillery
Advanced Sensor Module

Player B:
T1 Cooling
T2 Cooling
T1 Airstrike
T2 Airstrike

Player B is using purely c-bill consumables, and is behind player A by a full T3 Artillery Module and an Advanced Sensor Range module.  

Now, if all three "tiers" had MC and c-bill costs?  That would be fine.  Having "Consumable Packs" available for MC purchase is awesome: I'd love to buy groups of consumables just to save some precious c-bills (I have very limited grinding time).  But having the MC versions be directly, measurably better is just not cool at all.

Edited by Wintersdark, 05 March 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#3027 Sol Fin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 05 March 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Sorry, but do you have any insider info we don't have? ATM it's just words from some Random guy (no offense here - just pointing out). If you have any real info - I would be glad to hear it. If not - speculation and/or trolling is not helping at all.

#3028 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Postmwhighlander, on 05 March 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

I hope he is blissfully unaware that this entire shitstorm is going down. Also, I do not blame Garth. I blame IGP 100% in this, since they are probably demanding more money from a Beta Game.

he is probably reading this now... the powers that be has already given him a call about the forum meltdown...

#3029 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 05 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Sorry but there was no valid point made in that referenced point in how it regards coolant flush as P2W. Arty and Airstrikes are a different beast that can be discussed when we know more about it.

I will give you this to prove my sanity (as if I really needed to), if any mech can mount and use Arty and Airstrikes then the P2W barrier could be breached. However if I had to guess, there will be some limits on those items such as requiring the Command Console (1 slot 3.0 tons), and maybe even require that you be the commander on the team to use them. So if only one person gets to use it I would decree that not P2W in the example provided of an entire team loading these things on. Alas time will tell on that subject.

I think your missing the point sir. Yes the Arty and Airstrikes would only make sense to be used by mechs with the CC. We are using them as loose examples for consumables..... I'm not gonna requote the 6PPC/6CAT being OP'ed by the single use MC bought 35% flush leaving them with 2 mod slots to fill as opposed to the 2 slot 15%/20% double flush that only leaves one mod slot,thats been done. This proposed model for consumables heavily favors anyone that spends real money on these compared to those that don't. Plain and simple.

...and as to your comment about why would a Raven need coolant flush, have you never played one on Caustic?

#3030 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostSol Fin, on 05 March 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Sorry, but do you have any insider info we don't have? ATM it's just words from some Random guy (no offense here - just pointing out). If you have any real info - I would be glad to hear it. If not - speculation and/or trolling is not helping at all.

Lets just say there is a group out there that was testing things at one time. I walked away after IPG started shaving it's ideas on PGI and not taking no for an answer.

#3031 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

View Postmwhighlander, on 05 March 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

I hope he is blissfully unaware that this entire shitstorm is going down.

Also, I do not blame Garth. I blame IGP 100% in this, since they are probably demanding more money from a Beta Game.

Actually its our fault. A lot of users are spending a pant load of money on this game.
IGP see's this and knows they can continue to take advantage of it.

Maybe if everyone stopped buying MC it would be a different story but that will never happen.

#3032 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

It's time for breakfast.. Is this thing still goin strong?

Posted Image

#3033 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostCygnusX7, on 05 March 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

Actually its our fault. A lot of users are spending a pant load of money on this game.
IGP see's this and knows they can continue to take advantage of it.

Maybe if everyone stopped buying MC it would be a different story but that will never happen.

....ok they need a cash flow. We can support this game by buying the vanity items without receiving a game advantage so them removing or us no longer using this feature would only kill the game.

#3034 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 December 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's actually because it invalidates heat as an issue in a team vs. team environment.

37 likes, let's keep it up.

#3035 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

This thread MUST reach 9000 replies.

#3036 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Overzealous-Mods should rename this thread - The title is like "Yay, finaly we get it!!!" < lie.
Something like "Coolant Flush - Yes or no" (simple example) would be okay. What's your opinion?

#3037 Taim

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeville (Spain)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Garth Erlam said:

Q: Have you guys considered adding Coolant Pods to increase heat dissipation of a mech's heatsinks when used? (vayne)
A: Yes, we considered and then dropped the idea. We found it more of a crutch and lead to more issues than it helped with. If you're in a long, multi-targetted single player game, it makes sense. In a player vs. player environment you get a MASSIVE increase in firepower for no cost, or it wouldn't be enough to make a difference (IE. the match would never last long enough for you running out of coolant to matter, because you've already killed two people. Or, it doesn't even last a single fight, then why even have it?) Does that make sense? (Garth)

http://mwomercs.com/...evs-18-answers/

ejem ejemmmmm

Edited by Taim, 05 March 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#3038 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostTaim, on 05 March 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Most of PGI still believes that. But it's no longer there call.

I'm sure the ban hammer is coming for me at some point today for speaking up but I always said 2 things would make me walk away from this game 3rd player view and Coolant flush. O Hammer I see you coming.

IGP has turned MWO into a cash cow for the other 2 games they can not support. So there going to kill the good game to finish the 2 bad ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users