and I like cicadas occasionally.

and it gives me something else to run and get cbills

#642 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

If PGI releases a hero mech with ECM forums will be flooded with tears.

#643 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

No ECM on a Pay only mech = Thank God.

#644 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Aww. Stupid nay-sayers. It's a Cicada. With Missile Hardpoints. This will be my first Hero Mech and I will have a fabulous Time with it.

#645 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 04 March 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

As opposed to the current flood of tears?

#646 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Unless it is a Hero based on a Chassis that already has ECM and they do not add missiles to it. I could see a Raven Hero that has ECM and different harpoint locations, possibly a ballistic slot and less energy.

#647 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Yeah. When they first pitched it, the X-5 was planned for with a double ECM. (Twice the regular range.)

While I find it disapointing that it wont have it, putting two launcher slots on a cicada with an ECM would have been incredibly P2W. With that being said, it is now basically a faster TBT-3C.

Oh well.

#648 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

View Posthammerreborn, on 04 March 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

As opposed to the current flood of tears?

Now it's only a small stream :D

#649 Esplodin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

ECM: I'd P2W, but I'd force myself to feel guilty for about 5 min. (it'd be a 3L that would take damage)
JJ: Ooooh, I'd by that for MC!
ECM + JJ: What? I paid you twice the cost? KEEP IT! TAKE MY MONEY!

Neither: NTY

#650 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 04 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

The Hero Mech isn't important, what is important is the Test Grounds which got a whole one line blurb.

You know how it is. Gotta whor3 out the premium content as much as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to pay for the training grounds.

#651 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

considering getting it. Seems like a better version of 2B. So I can have my 2A, 3M, and X-5. Would have liked JJ though. Would make the mech have a real place in the game instead of being a Jenner D with less fire power, speed, no JJ, and slightly more armor.

Edited by ryoma, 04 March 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#652 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

has to be ecm and missiles get it right

#653 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

View Postryoma, on 04 March 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

So I can have my 2A, 3M, and X-5.

Hey there. High Five. This will be my CDA Lineup aswell tomorrow.

The only letdown for me is the rather "civil" paintjob compared to something really cool like the Pretty Baby.

Edited by Jason Parker, 04 March 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#654 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostTheFlyingScotsman, on 04 March 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

While I find it disapointing that it wont have it, putting two launcher slots on a cicada with an ECM would have been incredibly P2W.

Explain.

Tell the class why ECM and missile hardpoints is P2W on a Cicada, but not on a Raven, on a Commano, or on a DDC.

What makes the Cicada so incredibly amazing that by owning one with ECM and missiles you would suddenly win all the time?

Don't come out with some reason like it would make other Cicadas obsolete - Every Raven other than the 3L is obsolete, as is every Commando other than the 2D (hell, even all Cicadas other than the 3M are currently obsolete and none of them have missiles up till now) - So, why do you, and others think that the X5 with ECM would have been P2W?

If it had ECM it would do nothing that hasn't been possible for months already for free - the very opposite of P2W.

Ps: I'm trying to a find a way to word this without sounding combative - pls know that I don't mean it in that way, but I do feel that everyone and his dog blurts out the same "P2W" ***** over & over and they don't even think about what it means..

Edited by BigJim, 04 March 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#655 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostTheFlyingScotsman, on 04 March 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yeah. When they first pitched it, the X-5 was planned for with a double ECM. (Twice the regular range.)

Really? Whoever had that idea deserves to be taken out back and horse-whipped.
I'm pretty happy with the hero Cicada myself and might just pick one up. I do wish it was more surprising (JJs might have been nice) but the missile slots alone might be fun. I already have a 3M and 2A anyways. It might be a good way to get to those elite skills.

View PostBigJim, on 04 March 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Explain.

Tell the class why ECM and missile hardpoints is P2W on a Cicada, but not on a Raven, on a Commano, or on a DDC.

What makes the Cicada so incredibly amazing that by owning one with ECM and missiles you would suddenly win all the time?

Don't come out with some carp like it would make other Cicadas obsolete - Every Raven other than the 3L is obsolete, as is every Commando other than the 2D - So, why do you, and others think that the X5 with ECM would have been P2W?

You'd have a mech able to go as fast as a RVN-3L that has ECM yet is able to pack another laser and still have some tons left for superior armor and more heatsinks. That would be quite painful to face.

Edited by FrostCollar, 04 March 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#656 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

has to be ecm and missiles get it right

I'm quite sure ECM would be enough.

#657 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Explain.

Don't come out with some reason like it would make other Cicadas obsolete - Every Raven other than the 3L is obsolete, as is every Commando other than the 2D - So, why do you, and others think that the X5 with ECM would have been P2W?

Ps: I'm trying to a find a way to word this without sounding combative - pls know that I don't mean it in that way, but I do feel that everyone and his dog blurts out the same "P2W" ***** over & over and they don't even think about what it means..

Because you have to actually pay $$ to get the X-5 that not only makes all cicadas obsolete, it even makes the 3L and 2D obsolete (because of the armor/weapon advantages it'll gain)? While unless you're stupid you don't have to pay for the 3L or 2D...

Is this really an argument?

Edited by hammerreborn, 04 March 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#658 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Don't come out with some reason like it would make other Cicadas obsolete - Every Raven other than the 3L is obsolete, as is every Commando other than the 2D (hell, even all Cicadas other than the 3M are currently obsolete and none of them have missiles up till now) - So, why do you, and others think that the X5 with ECM would have been P2W?
Well, the difference would be that you don't have to pay MC to get a 3L or 2D, of course.

[edit] Ninja'd ... by a Davion. :D

I have to say, that Cicada looks really attractive either way. With the missile hardpoints (and here I was hoping it'd be floodlights!) having only two tubes each, I wonder if you could create a "machine missile gun" by slotting SRM6's?

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 04 March 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#659 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Explain.

oh **** there are hero ecm versions of those mechs that HAVE ECM? Why cant I see them on sale?

View Posthammerreborn, on 04 March 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Is this really an argument?

only to people looking to troll the thread

#660 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostFrostCollar, on 04 March 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Really? Whoever had that idea deserves to be taken out back and horse-whipped.
I'm pretty happy with the hero Cicada myself and might just pick one up. I do wish it was more surprising (JJs might have been nice) but the missile slots alone might be fun. I already have a 3M and 2A anyways. It might be a good way to get to those elite skills.

You'd have a mech able to go as fast as a RVN-3L that has ECM yet is able to pack another laser and still have some tons left for superior armor and more heatsinks. That would be quite painful to face.

It would also lack the small target profile of the Raven, as well as its borked hitboxes. Also, that tiny amount of extra armor the Cicada carries would not mean much, if anything, in that fight.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users